Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions (Check Here First)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Please register this product before ..."

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramananv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Please register this product before ..."
    Posted: September-20-2012 at 11:09am
I have reinstalled UT2 but traffic is missing. Someone here could find the solution this way(registration by email adress and passoword linked to my email adress) 
I have not understood it. Please help.

Ramana

hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2012 at 5:55pm
Welcome to the forum.
In future, please use the UT2 Forum for registered users. You are already licensed, so you have access.
When you say you re-installed UT2, why did you have to reinstall it?
Which version of Windows do you have?
Which version of UT2 do you have? Is it Download or CD?
When you run FSX, do you get the UT2 startup sound? Do you have UT2 in the FSX Addon Menu?
David Hanstater
Administrator.
ramananv View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramananv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2012 at 8:33pm
 Windows 7 64 bit, UT2 Version 2.09 with updated commercial schedule of Summer 2012, Download.
I had to reinstall FSX itself as i was having some terrain problem for which I had no solution.
No, I do not hear any start up sound nor I find it in the add on menu but I have the UT2 loading icon on the desktop.But when I click on it, I can see whole process of loading.
Regards,  
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2012 at 3:01am
Did you uninstall UT2 before you uninstalled FSX? If not, you will have to uninstall UT2, reboot, and reinstall. You can do this from your C:\Flight One Software\UT2_Setup_2.09.exe
David Hanstater
Administrator.
ramananv View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramananv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2012 at 5:09am
I uninstalled UT2 first and then fsx.
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2012 at 7:46am
Thanks.

Go to your main FSX directory and check that you have the following file installed:- FSX\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe.

If yes, goto C:\Users\,yourName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and open EXE.xml in Notepad. It should look something like this:-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>UT2</Name>
    <Path>C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
    <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Check carefully the line I've marked in RED. It must show the exact path to your UT2Services.exe (which is not the same as mine). If it is not correct, edit it and save. Start FSX and see if that solves the problem.

Please backup your exe.xml before editing it.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
ramananv View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramananv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2012 at 9:17am
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>UT2</Name>
    <Path>E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
    <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Copy of the EXE.xml file. I installed fsx in E drive...is it ok ?   
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2012 at 11:17am
It looks OK to me, so it must be something else.
Please uninstall UT2 completely. You might find a few files left over in your C:\Users\<yourName\AppData\Roaming\Flight One Software. If so, remove them manually. Don't remove any other files. Reboot.

Now turn off ALL security software, including Anti-virus, anti-spy, firewall, UAC and Windows Defender etc., and re-install UT2. After re-installing UT2, close it, then open it again.

I suggest that you don't install the Summer 2012 schedule update, because there have been several complaints about it. The next update, due soon, is being released without charge.

Good luck!
David Hanstater
Administrator.
ramananv View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramananv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2012 at 12:02pm
With all the precautions, after the reinstallation nothing changed Sir,this time there is some improvement, i hear a start up music and a voice of initialisation...that's it, no traffic.
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2012 at 5:41pm
It does take a few minutes before UT2's AI appear, especially at busy airports. You have to give it time.

When you run FSX, do you have the Addon Menu? If so...

Close FSX, run UT2, goto Traffic options>Database Options>UT2 Weekly_Official, and ensure that all airlines are selected. Click "Select All"  and Save if necessary. Also, under Flight Options, check that the top slider is set to 100%

David Hanstater
Administrator.
ramananv View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramananv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2012 at 11:06pm
No, i do not see add on menu in fsx ( after reinstallation of fsx i installed only PMDG NGX before UT2). Even default traffic is not be seen....
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2012 at 6:36am
There have been reports of the PMDG aircraft causing UT2 to lose traffic. See THIS THREAD.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
subwolf View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2012 at 1:21pm
Your link doesn't work. A conflict between PMDG products and UT2 is news to me, I'd like to learn more.
ramananv View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramananv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2012 at 9:28pm
 Till I reinstalled fsx, both were running well.
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2012 at 4:30am
Originally posted by subwolf subwolf wrote:

Your link doesn't work. A conflict between PMDG products and UT2 is news to me, I'd like to learn more.

May THIS ONE will work.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
ramananv View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramananv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 10:43am
someone in the forum solved it this way.... 

Problem solved... I've desinstalled UT2 and reinstalled it by using the second way of registration (registration by email adress and passoword linked to my email adress).

I would like to try it but i did not understand how to. Can somebody help. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic