Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FS Painter Models

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS Painter Models
    Posted: November-13-2005 at 11:43am
I like the FS Painter models, but they seem to be difficult to find. I've tried searching AVSIM, and get dozens of textures. Few of them have hyperlinks to the exact  FSP models they are designed for.

Is there a website which lists the FSP models, with hyperlinks to them?
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Matt_Fox View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_Fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2005 at 12:16pm
They are very difficult to find.  As far as I know there is no central website that lists them all.

Best thing to do is just check the name of the textures and from that you can tell which model to use since all the models use a unique texture name

Matt
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2005 at 12:27pm
Matt,

Thanks for your reply. That's what I do, but the trouble is that there are often several different FSP models, and the textures I download might not match the ones I have, if you see what I mean.

Also it doesn't help if the .air files are inconsistent. I downloaded a texture file for an FSP A321, the [fltsim] entry showed sim=a321. In fact the correct entry should be sim=a320, at least that's what I have, and it works fine.

I still think that somewhere I've seen or heard of a website which lists the FSP models.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
freelancer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freelancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2005 at 2:59pm

David,

The site I think you are talking about is http://www.fsrepaints.de/ which has been redesigned.  Click on the 'Old Download Library' link in the upper right corner (or just click here http://www.fsrepaints.de/pafiledb/pafiledb.php).

I'm using the following packs from AVSIM

ai_airbus_complete_120685.zip
basepack_boeing777.zip
basepack_md_narrowbody.zip
basepack_md_widebody.zip

The new version 3 777

fsp777v3_050701.zip
fsp_b777v3_fd_update_050705.zip

Hope this helps.

Mark
P3D v4.4
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2005 at 3:21pm
Thanks, Mark.

I think that's the one. But even that isn't complete. For example, there are several FSP versions of the A320, e.g. v2 and v25.

But it's a great help, anyway. Thanks.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Hernan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hernan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2005 at 5:04pm

David,

Try this other link for great repaints, I think either Craig or Chris found it:

http://people.freenet.de/juergenrepaint/index.html

Hernan

Delta is MY airline
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2005 at 1:22pm
Hernan,

Thanks for that hyperlink. Unfortunately, once again it has no directions to the FSP base models, although there is a fine collection of repaints.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Craig View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2005 at 5:49pm
David, you have found what drove me nuts during my conversion to AIA and FSP.  I had a heck of a time finding the base models, and a good majority of the repaints came without sample aircraft.cfg entries.  What a pain!  But it is well worth the trouble though.
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2005 at 6:28pm
I agree that most of the models - and the repaints - look better than the usual Flight One and PAI ones, but I do wish that the repainters woiuld be a little more helpful in saying which models they have used. Unfortunately, the base model authors aren't always explicit either.

The inconsistent filenames for the downloads doesn't help. You would expect the FSP base models to be listed in AVSIM's AI Aircraft section, but they seem to pop up in the AI Textures section, saome for FS2004, others for FS2002.

Generally the Aardvark ones are much easier to match up, because aardvark have a website. It's the FSpainter ones that cause me the worst problems.

I mentioned the EvolveAI models in another thread. I like them. Models and a few repaints available from AVSIM. They seem to be frame-rate friendly as well as good to look at. They fly well as AI.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Craig View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2005 at 6:39pm

I downloaded the EvolveAI DC10 models Saturday. But between going to a pub on Sunday to watch the Chicago Bears and then coming home to play Battlefield 2 until the early hours of the morning, they are still waiting to be installed. 

It would be nice if PAI gave some webspace for the FSPainter models, they did at one time, as some of the "sparse" readme files in the FSPainter repaints mention a FSP site within the PAI doman.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freelancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2005 at 8:57pm

David,

If you download the ai_airbus_complete_120685.zip, that has all you need.  To my knowledge (limited at times ) those are the 'newest' versions.  The A320 v2 is included.  The v25 that you mentioned is the model folder along with cfm (like RR, PW and GE for AIA).  I have used all the textures that I downloaded (listed as FS2004 or FS2002) with the models in that zip and the only problems I've had was trying to figure out which model was being used.

I agree with you and Craig that the painters should include a [fltsim.xx] entry with the paints to help eliminate confusion.

Mark
P3D v4.4
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2005 at 4:01am
Mark,

Thanks, that's the one I wanted.

Now I've got to be careful how I install them, to avoid duplication for the ones I already have.

To be fair to the repainters, some of them included hyperlinks to the PAI/FSP website, but that is no longer there.

Many thanks again to you and all who responded to my request.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2005 at 6:12pm
Mark,

This list is exactly what I was looking for. Many thanks.

Obviously one difficulty in locating these downloads is the inconsistent use of filenames. 'FSP', 'FSPainter' or 'FS Painter' are not mentioned.

Do you know anything about FS Painter. Is it an organisation? Who runs it? Who sets the standards, etc?

I've noticed that the aircraft in these sets are all listed in the FS9 aircraft list, which is a bit of a nuisance. I've had to go through them all and edit their .air files to stop it happening. I think that they are all flyable models as well as being good for AI, so perhaps that's the reason.

Originally posted by freelancer freelancer wrote:

David,

The site I think you are talking about is http://www.fsrepaints.de/ which has been redesigned.  Click on the 'Old Download Library' link in the upper right corner (or just click here http://www.fsrepaints.de/pafiledb/pafiledb.php).

I'm using the following packs from AVSIM

ai_airbus_complete_120685.zip
basepack_boeing777.zip
basepack_md_narrowbody.zip
basepack_md_widebody.zip

The new version 3 777

fsp777v3_050701.zip
fsp_b777v3_fd_update_050705.zip

Hope this helps.

David Hanstater
Administrator.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freelancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2005 at 10:59pm

Originally posted by hanstatdg hanstatdg wrote:

Do you know anything about FS Painter. Is it an organisation? Who runs it? Who sets the standards, etc?

I've noticed that the aircraft in these sets are all listed in the FS9 aircraft list, which is a bit of a nuisance. I've had to go through them all and edit their .air files to stop it happening. I think that they are all flyable models as well as being good for AI, so perhaps that's the reason.

I don't know anything about FS Painter.  I remember the PAI/FSP site you mentioned but could never get anything from it.  I did run across these 2 sites in the readme for the 777 v3 though.

http://members.at.infoseek.co.jp/FSpainter/
http://hiro.fem.jp/

Thanks for reminding me.  I need to change several .air files myself.  You might be right about them being flyable.

Mark
P3D v4.4
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2005 at 4:56am
Mark,

Thanks for the hyperlinks.

FSP's claim to be flyable, but since they tend to have several textures for each model, it does make the aircraft list in FS rather long, and can slow down the FS bootup dramatically.

After all, an A320 with one texture is exactly the same as any other, and of course the jazzy, snazzy paint jobs are not visible from the cockpit view.

If you do want to fly one of the FSP models, the best way is to do a copy of the model with just the texture you want to fly, and make the original non-flyable by editing the .air file. You could also delete the panel and sound folders from the non-flyable one.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2005 at 12:45pm
To make things even more complicated, some of the FSPainter models are the same as PAI ones.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freelancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2005 at 6:57pm

Originally posted by hanstatdg hanstatdg wrote:

To make things even more complicated, some of the FSPainter models are the same as PAI ones.

Yes, I'm slowly finding out which ones.

Mark
P3D v4.4
John Goodwin View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2005 at 7:59am
As this has lots of good info in it I will make it a "Sticky Topic" for a while
RFields View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RFields Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2005 at 9:03am

FS Painter is one individual in Japan.

Frequently referred to as "Missi", he has been extremely generous in allowing the usage of his models and allowed many sites to host them. He has been frustrating to many people because he designs AI aircraft with features for the Japanese flight sim community. Flexing wings and reflective models in his latest work are just a couple items where his concepts differ from the European/ American view of "corect" AI models. His work is also a bit heavier on polygon count than models of the same aircraft by AIA and EvolveAI.  

However updates and finding them can be a real pain.

Yes, PAI did once host a site for FS Painter - but that ended when PAI lost their file server and the files were moved to FlightSim.com and the Flight1 servers.

Today the PAI site / library is hosted by Flight1 - though FlightSim.com still has a large number of the files available.

Orginally many of the PAI models were FSP version 1 models.

The Saab 340, the MD-81, MD-82, MD-87, the MD-82, the MD-90 and the Dash8's are FSP models. Also the ERJ 135, 140 & 145. The B707, the early version B747's are by FSP. One or two of the PAI airbus aircraft might still use older FSP models (A332 & A340 ?) .

It's very disappointing that Carsten has found it necessary to take the library for FSRepaints.de off line.

Reggie Fields, KADS, Addison, Texas, USA
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2005 at 1:32pm
Reggie,

Thanks for that very useful background information. It explains a lot.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Ruahrc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruahrc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2005 at 3:48pm
2 tools that I use when installing repaints are FS Repaint and PAI Texture
Manager. They are both free (FS Repaint is shareware but you can use the
demo forever and if you are installing AI repaints the demo has sufficient
features).

FS Repaint allows you to browse and view your FS aircraft without having
to boot FS. This is great to verify if you have a particular repaint installed,
or to go through your repaints to make sure they all display correctly.
This comes in handy especially when installing the airbus heavies since
the FSPainter models have several different engine types and the
readme/.cfg files that comem with repaints don't always say what variant
to use. So you can check with FSRepaint, and correct the ones that have
display problems. This saves you from having to jump all over your FS
world scouring around for your new repaints.

PAI Texture Manager is fantastic too since it allows you to install repaints
easily. You don't even need to unzip downloaded repaints nor do you
need the sample aircraft.cfg entries that sometimes aren't there. PAI
Texture manager will automatically install the texture and add an entry to
the aircraft.cfg, filling out the airline info per your specifications. This
makes installing repaints only a little less tedious but much faster.

Ruahrc
John Goodwin View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2006 at 3:29am

PAITM will also install Evolve re-paitns if you download the .xml files needed.

GO HERE and search for evolveai_xml_basedata.zip

hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2006 at 4:04am
Thanks, John. Very useful.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
MikeMoye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeMoye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2006 at 1:20am
The 'ai_airbus_complete_120685.zip' reference provided by freelancer above are for FS2002.

You need to go to Missi's web-site to get the conversions to FS2004/FS9.

His main HP: http://hiro.fem.jp/
At the top of the left side menu you'll see 'FSP FDE for FS9'.

Another of his pages: http://members.at.infoseek.co.jp/FSpainter/
That page has  all the updates for FS9.

I know  it's an anoying convoluted way to have to gather his stuff.
In avsim.com you'll find most of the base models in the 'Original Aircraft' lists.
And a lot of repaints in the 'AI Aircraft' and 'Aircraft Repaints' lists.

Merry Christmas,
Mike.
mave128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mave128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2008 at 5:17am
hey folks,

i can recommend this page.

http://www.worldoftraffic.de.ki/

have fun.
greez from germany,
sören
marike View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2010 at 6:25am
I would like to know if I can fly a Ryanair as a plane in FSX. I would like to fly different companies. Is it possible without downloading a repaint, (which I wouldn't know how to anyway).Am I only restricted to the plane colours in FSX ?
regards Michael
pschlute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pschlute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2010 at 8:19am
Ultimate Traffic is a pogram for AI traffic. They are not meant for flying yourself as they would be hopeless.

If you do a search in the Avsim Library you can download some textures/repaints for the default FSX planes. I suggest you learn how to download and install these if you want to enhance your experience.

Alternatively you can buy an addon aircraft for FSX which has the Ryanair colours.

marike View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2010 at 6:51am
Thank you for the help. I am 70 years old, maybe by now I should know how to change the default aircraft, I don't. where can I buy the add on aircraft for fsx? I fly everyday (for an hour) I have just bought your Ultimate Traffic. I think it is really good. It's always a surprise when I land somewhere, to see what aircraft UT2 has generated.
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2010 at 7:00am
I've got good news for you. You don't have to buy anything!

There's an excellent flyable Project OpenSky B737 800 model in Ryanair textures in the AVSIM library HERE.

The even better news is that installation is completely automatic. But do read the readme's first, because there is an virtual cockpit option you might want to consider.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic