Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question regarding updated airlines & schedules
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question regarding updated airlines & schedules

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question regarding updated airlines & schedules
    Posted: June-17-2015 at 2:38pm
I currently have MyTraffic6 (updated from WOAI) and am not particularly happy with the product so now thinking about UT2.

One thing that I do like about MyTraffic6 is that the liveries, aircraft and schedules are mostly up to date and that is not the case with the default UT2 if purchased today.  So my question is this, has anyone in the community used the PowerPack to update UT2 with WOAI aircraft/schedules so that it is more or less current in 2015 and are these updates available to owners of the product?
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2015 at 5:54pm
1. Powerpack can update UT2 with WofAI flightplans.

2. UT2's liveries are not all up-to-date, but there is a facility within UT2 to update any AI aircraft and textures. There are plenty of freeware ones available on the web.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Mark767 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2015 at 6:37am
OK but my question is this - Has the work already been done by someone so all you need to do is download the updated traffic.bgl's and the WOAI liveries.
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2015 at 7:02am
No, it hasn't been done. You have to do it yourself.

In practice you only update the ones you wish to update, not the whole lot. You will find that most of UT2's textures are OK anyway.

If you buy the DVD version of UT2, it does include an updated complete flightplan for everything, up to 2012. If you buy the downloaded version, the same update is available online for free. There is a payware 2013 version for a small fee, but I wouldn't recommend it.

It isn't my job to make sales pitches for UT2, but I should point out that its flightplans are taken from real life. The others are representative.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Mark767 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2015 at 10:53am
OK great, thanks for the info.
Kalorien View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalorien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2015 at 3:50pm
Hi David,

why do you not recommend using the latest version 2013? I use it and I don´t know why not using it. Supertrafficboard is working and that´s exactly why I like it. But maybe I haven´t seen the problem till now?

Hope everything is fine
Peter
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2015 at 5:42pm
The problems are a shortage of flightplans for some airlines, mainly in South Africa, but also elsewhere.

Otherwise, because the developer used a different encryption, UT2 had to be modified, in effect updated to v 2.10, to accept the encryption. Installing the updated schedule automatically updated any other of your databases. It therefore required an updated version of Powerpack.

SuperTrafficBoard didn't recognise the new encryption, so that had to be updated as well. All this took time, so many UT2 owners decided it wasn't worth buying and installing, especially as there was a free earlier schedule update which had none of these problems.

I actually have the 2013 schedule update installed, but I was part of the test team both for the schedule and SuperTrafficBoard, so I had to have it.

I haven't heard of any other addons which have been affected by the new encryption. Microsoft's Traffictoolbox SDK isn't affected.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Kalorien View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalorien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2015 at 5:36am
Ah, thank you. I didn´t have TTB activated. Now it is there. Nice tool! STB works better now!
That´s what I like about UT2. You can control so many things in FSX.
I use v 2.10 and schedule Summer Fall 2013 and Powerpack. Until now I only replaced some old ai aircraft. And I did some painting. The schedule will come later.
gderreck View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gderreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2015 at 12:59pm
I am a new user of UT2. I have purchased the new version of the schedules. I am using P3D v3 in Windows 10.

Here are my observations:

-as noted above, the new version of powerpack requires the 2013 schedules. It reconfigures the UT2 database and without the 2013 update, UT2 won't run.

-there is an older version of powerpack available on the UT2 website. However, that version will not run on Windows 10. It is not a UAC or antivirus issue.

This is just FYI. The update is inexpensive.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic