Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UT2 updates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote por928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UT2 updates
    Posted: September-18-2015 at 10:43am
I am considering getting UT2 and plan to run the demo this week. As I can't get to the real forum to see answers to my questions, can I ask some?

1. Is UT2 still being maintained and updated by originators? When was the last update?Is there likely to be a UT3??
2. One of the main claims by UT2 is their schedules, yet you have no new schedules since 2013 and it would seem no one is doing this now? Are all flights as per a published schedule? Is there a random flight generator at all like MyTraffic?
3. I saw where you can update you own schedules, Now you can't buy a new schedule, and you wanted to update all 500,000+ flights, How difficult is this?I would have thought a massive task for 500,000 + flights?
4. When you say upload your own schedules from say..Qantas. How do you do this electronically
5. Over the years, the Ai paints get out of date. Is there some one who looks after new paints?
6. I saw a review that said when you went away from the screen into say a FSX menu, then returned to UT2, any a/c queuing for taxi/take off, were lost. Was this fixed?

I am sure many more questions, and maybe the only way to find out is to purchase it and if not for me, return it.

Regards
Ged
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2015 at 12:01pm
I'm the volunteer Forum Administrator, not a Flight 1 staffer. Flight 1 haven't said anything about future updates, so I can't give any official information, but this is the best I have.

1. UT2 is still being maintained and supported, but no updates have been announced.

2. The most recent schedule update is Summer/Fall 2013, which costs about $7. A slightly earlier version, Winter 2012/3 is available free of charge. Flight 1 have announced that the developer who created the schedule updates has disappeared, together with his copyrights, and no replacement is scheduled. Flights are as per the schedule; there is no random generator. The flight schedules are identical to real-life.

3. There are hundreds of updated schedules for individual airlines available free. They can be imported into UT2 with the freeware PowerPack, and replace earlier ones.

4. You can create your own airline schedules, and import them into UT2 with PowerPack.

5. Again, there are hundreds of freeware updated textures and aircraft models available, on the web, and they can be imported into UT2 with PowerPack.

6. They aren't lost if you enter an FSX menu. They will be reloaded, although I'm not sure about aircraft queuing for take-off.

I hope this helps.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
por928 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote por928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2015 at 1:26am
Thanks David for your reply. Yes, I understand it is up to Flight1 if they continue with the program and any updates. Considering the work involved, the $7 cost is a bargain. Pity it stopped. I have had MyTraffic for several years, and while it populates the airports instantly, depending on the traffic slider, the actual schedules are theoretical, and all though a/c come and go, the actual times and flight routes bears little resemblance to real life. MT is actively updated with a yearly 'schedule' for free. Is what makes UT2 look attractive is the real schedules, the "simple" interface to build schedules, and real world routes.  
Regards
Ged
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2015 at 5:53am
In a nutshell, yes. UT2 doesn't use the traditional .bgl system, with its built-in limitations. Instead, it uses a database which makes for much more realistic flights. The data comes from commercially available flight schedules which are used by the travel industry.

If you do decide to buy UT2, I suggest that you don't bother with the latest payware schedule. The earlier freeware one is much better, and very similar. You can always update any airline you want to, as there are plenty of schedules available free on the web.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
por928 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote por928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2015 at 10:35am
Hi David,
I have seen lots of PDF schedules, and a One World planner, and also one from OAG(imagine expensive) but not any free electronic listings which I would imagine UT2 would require to use. Could you point me towards a typical free schedule to see what is the format you require? 
Regards
Ged
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2015 at 3:41pm
You will find them on avsim, flightsim.com, Alpha India and others. Here's one for you to have a look at:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004ai&DLID=191635

It's a standard FS2004 flightplan, which can be converted for FSX and imported into UT2 automatically with PowerPack.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
por928 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote por928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2015 at 3:51am
Thanks for the link David. When I look at that flight plan, it shows several aircraft. Does UT2 have the base models for the flight plans paints to connect to, or will I need to find the base ai aircraft from some where else?
Regards
Ged
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2015 at 4:16am
UT2 has plenty of base models and textures, but not all. You can import for free both base AI aircraft and textures from website libraries such as flightsim.com, AVSIM and others.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic