Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic Live > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UTLive Compared to UT2...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb613 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2017 at 11:01am
Hi Folks,

Interested in this product - question - I've seen some reports of the flocks of aircraft all attempting to land at once - we had a solution back in FS9 called "AI Smooth" - has it been considered or possibly planned to attempt to add something like this to UT Live ??? It would certainly improve realism a bit...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott
ScottecLEMD View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2017 at 11:13am
Hi Scott

Have a look on Avsim for AIController - way more advanced than AI smooth and, freeware!

Brgds

Ken
Ken
scottb613 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb613 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2017 at 7:49am
Hi Ken,

Thanks for the tip - I had noted that very long thread before but hadn't realized it provided traffic separation... I tried it - left everything as default and just turned it on - plenty of interesting stuff in the log going on - seems as if I have to spend time to set this up with SIDS/STARS and such ? Too early for opinion but it looks promising... Currently running with UT2... Thanks...

Regards,
Scott
Woozie View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woozie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2017 at 3:49am
Originally posted by Jeff Smith Jeff Smith wrote:

Hello Lars,

Here are some answers to some of your questions...
  1. No, it does not have network support.
  2. No, I don't believe it is and believe it can only be updated internally at this time.
  3. Not sure if there will be free schedule updates or not in the future.  Best to expect paying a small fee for updated schedules in the future just like UT2 as the data is expensive.
  4. VAS and FPS are completely at the user's control as the UTL interface allows flexibility in how the aircraft are displayed, radii, and how many, etc.

Cheers!

Hi Jeff

Thanks for the answers, appreciate it!

Cheers
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2017 at 4:35am
Hi Scott

It does need a little user input to get it just right.  If you incorporate the SIDS/STARS then it is awesome as you see your AI aircraft fly the correct procedures - again some tweaking to get it just right but worth it.

The programme also does an almost good pushback with the AI Aircraft going through the flying control test etc.

Best regards

Ken

Ken
snapitbik View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snapitbik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2017 at 6:32am
Dear Developer, 

I did installed the UT Live, and i found there there are still More traffic is still not assigned to respective Airport Destination, though i know its still in beta, so just to aware you because i dont have sufficent   permission  to access the support portal, Like i have tried LOWI VTBS VNKT and more NO AI Aircraft at all, Suppose for example taking VTBS Bangkok airport, how to assign all  Flights heading to VTBS manually,  because  i am very fond of ASIA REGION morely so no AI in VTBS Asia HUB turns out disappointing so can i know dear developer. 

Best Regards
CASEY
Mower View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2017 at 8:54pm
So, this long time UT2 flier is wondering is it worth moving to this?
st1322 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote st1322 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2017 at 5:21pm
Hi,

Great news. I will purchase for sure. Few questions:

1. Still no answer if flight plans import... Will it be possible to upload plans released by Alpha India for example? or old WOAI? I have a load of flight plans and would love to use them
2. AI Models. Will it be possible to upload FAIB/TFS of FS Painter ones?

Regards,
Tom
Tomek
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2017 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by snapitbik snapitbik wrote:

Dear Developer, 

I did installed the UT Live, and i found there there are still More traffic is still not assigned to respective Airport Destination, though i know its still in beta, so just to aware you because i dont have sufficent   permission  to access the support portal, Like i have tried LOWI VTBS VNKT and more NO AI Aircraft at all, Suppose for example taking VTBS Bangkok airport, how to assign all  Flights heading to VTBS manually,  because  i am very fond of ASIA REGION morely so no AI in VTBS Asia HUB turns out disappointing so can i know dear developer. 

Best Regards
CASEY

Thanks for the feedback.  For support on login issues, please create a ticket at http://www.flight1.com/ticket.asp
Keep the Blue Side UP!

Jeff Smith --x-O-x--
Flight One Software
Sales Support
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2017 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by st1322 st1322 wrote:

Hi,

Great news. I will purchase for sure. Few questions:

1. Still no answer if flight plans import... Will it be possible to upload plans released by Alpha India for example? or old WOAI? I have a load of flight plans and would love to use them
2. AI Models. Will it be possible to upload FAIB/TFS of FS Painter ones?

Regards,
Tom

1. No import tools presently, but there is a sample format available with addon schedule that was included with the product for demonstration purposes.
  2. Yes, you can reassign new models easily using the UtL interface.
Keep the Blue Side UP!

Jeff Smith --x-O-x--
Flight One Software
Sales Support
trisho0 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trisho0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2017 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by MustangSally MustangSally wrote:

Originally posted by pete_auau pete_auau wrote:

Just a question since i  have  got ut2  and  if  i do decide  to purchase utlive  do i need  to uninstall ut2  or  just disabled it,   since  does  it  require to have  ut2  to be  installed?

http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=14653&FID=13&PR=3&title=ultimate-traffic-live-soft-release-available

About halfway down, right after "IMPORTANT"

That link says to disable UT2 via xml. I guess better to uninstall UT2 completely to start a clean UTLive. Any reason to leave UT2 installed and deactivated?
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2017 at 4:25pm
I am running both without any issues. However I am only using UT2 for specific airlines until such time powerpack for UTL is released.
trisho0 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trisho0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2017 at 4:59pm
So, UTLive still in Beta? When UTLive is running at the end UT2 must be uninstalled right?
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2017 at 6:05pm
UTLive is now out of beta and available from thecFlight1 website. Uninstalling UT2 is not a prerequisite.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic