Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic Live > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UTLive Compared to UT2...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UTLive Compared to UT2...
    Posted: March-29-2017 at 12:29pm
This thread will discuss some of the differences between UTLive and UT2. This list does not cover everything. It does cover some of the main new features that are not part of UT2.

Here are the main differences between UTLive and the previous UT2:

1.  Aircraft routings are based on SID’s and STAR’s where appropriate.
2.  Completely new interface with the following features...
     a.  Statistics Map that drills down through stats on a per airline or per airport basis.
     b.  Visual Dashboard for quick overview of your settings.
     c.  Easier to use repaint assignments.
     d.  Improved Status Board.
     e.  Improved Flight View Map.
3.  Ability to use natively within FSX, FSX-SE, P3D v2, P3D v3.
4.  Additional Live Status Board in FS showing actual aircraft as they operate in the sim.
5.  Maintenance and WX delays for aircraft.  Each session is slightly different than the last.
6.  All aircraft simulated externally,  no longer requiring a massive database or BGL to store traffic.
7.  Easy to design and implement XML format for importing custom traffic schedules.
8.  Other features have data stored in open XML format for customization as desired.
9.  Over 120 new liveries.
10.  Addition of 787 and A350 aircraft models.
Steve Halpern

Flight One Software
diseased View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diseased Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2017 at 3:40pm
Thanks for the information. UT has been my favorite addition to FSX over the years, and this is a must buy for me.

I'm curious though, any change to the GA traffic system? WX and MX delays effect them too?
pete_auau View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete_auau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2017 at 8:47am
Just a question since i  have  got ut2  and  if  i do decide  to purchase utlive  do i need  to uninstall ut2  or  just disabled it,   since  does  it  require to have  ut2  to be  installed?
MustangSally View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangSally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2017 at 10:04am
Originally posted by pete_auau pete_auau wrote:

Just a question since i  have  got ut2  and  if  i do decide  to purchase utlive  do i need  to uninstall ut2  or  just disabled it,   since  does  it  require to have  ut2  to be  installed?

http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=14653&FID=13&PR=3&title=ultimate-traffic-live-soft-release-available

About halfway down, right after "IMPORTANT"
--
J
Woozie View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woozie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2017 at 10:07am
Hi Steve

A few questions before I hit the BUY button ;)

1. Can it be used on a networked PC (the GUI at least) or only on sim PC?
2. As it supports SIDs/STARs, is it using updatable navdata?
3. I understand that its not 'live' as in 'realtime traffic' but i'm wondering how schedules are updated. Are there going to be free schedule updates on a regular basis (Winter and Summer schedule)?
4. Given that traffic is calculated outside of the sim, how is the VAS and FPS compared to BGL based AI traffic? Roughly the same or significantly improved?

Thanks 
Lars
oscar.o View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscar.o Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2017 at 11:00am
Hello everyone,

great news, but i have also a question.

I've built over the years a big package of flightplans and Aircrafts from pages like FAIB and AIG.

Is it possible to use this package in UTLive?

Joachim
tuomasho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuomasho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2017 at 3:48pm
Hi,

I am very interested also that does this works on a network computer? I am using a glass cockpit, so only P3D is running at visual computer and other programs at different computers...

-=Tuomas=-
pmb View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2017 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by tuomasho tuomasho wrote:

Hi,

I am very interested also that does this works on a network computer? I am using a glass cockpit, so only P3D is running at visual computer and other programs at different computers...

-=Tuomas=-
+1, similar configuration as yours
wilton View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2017 at 9:35pm
I do like the sound of this Version.

One issue I had with UT2 was the flight plans where most AI aircraft would fly around at FL350 everywhere both east and west. I'm hoping new real world realistic plans have been created.

Wont know until tonight when I get home from work and download it. 
mikestout View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikestout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2017 at 10:15pm
Does this program come with the actual aircraft or is it just routes.? I'm interested in having both routes and aircraft. Thanks....Mike
Mike Stout
pete_auau View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete_auau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2017 at 12:14am
Originally posted by MustangSally MustangSally wrote:

Originally posted by pete_auau pete_auau wrote:

http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=14653&FID=13&PR=3&title=ultimate-traffic-live-soft-release-available

About halfway down, right after "IMPORTANT"

thx  for  the info but  i already  knew  that,  my question was  if  i do purchase it  can i delete  my ut2  from my pc
mikestout View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikestout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2017 at 1:50am
Thanks for getting back to me. I will buy UT live just as soon as its available....

Mike
Mike Stout
montreal View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2017 at 7:42am
I too would like a little more clarification. For instance after disabling UT2 (False now changed to True) I started up the sim (SE version) and lost all traffic and airports are bare. Can anyone walk me through the steps after downloading this late beta version.

Thanks in advance
Steve Halpern View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2017 at 12:47pm
Hi,

Tom will be in to answer some of these questions shortly!
Steve Halpern

Flight One Software
Bob57 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2017 at 2:29pm
Installed UT Live, no issues runs great, and the coupon worked. However went to KMEM hoping to see a sea of FedEx planes, and found none, settings for traffic 100%. Will Cargo flights be added to UL Live?
vrouleau View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vrouleau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2017 at 4:37pm
Is there a way to import the db files from UT2. I would like to import all of my custom scheduals that I did in UT2 into UTLive. Is that possible?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2017 at 5:12pm
I believe cargo schedules were only part of the old dataset, and they were not available in the older data. Maybe we can see if we can mix older cargo data with newer schedule data.

Making a note on that.
Steve Halpern

Flight One Software
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2017 at 5:13pm
Do not know a way of importing old UT2 data. The format is different. Keep using the pre-release. I made a note about this.
Steve Halpern

Flight One Software
montreal View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2017 at 5:31pm
Update- after removal and reinstallation the program now runs just fine with all traffic visible. Not sure why I couldn't get it going before.

Cheers
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2017 at 5:38pm
For folks that need to make sure the client is loaded.

You will see a green bar in the sim saying UTLive is loaded.

Check your virus scanner and make sure UTLive.dll is not quarantined.

Make sure your EXE.XML file is starting UTLive. See the entries below as an example of the section to add:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>utLive fs client</Name>
    <Path>C:\PROGRAM FILES\FLIGHT ONE SOFTWARE\ULTIMATE TRAFFIC LIVE\utl_client.exe</Path>
    <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
  </Launch.Addon>

Your path will be wherever you installed UTLive into.

Here are 2 examples...

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

You can also MANUALLY excecute utl_client.exe if needed directly from your install folder if it is not loading via the EXE.XML

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2017 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by diseased diseased wrote:

Thanks for the information. UT has been my favorite addition to FSX over the years, and this is a must buy for me.

I'm curious though, any change to the GA traffic system? WX and MX delays effect them too?

GA Traffic has changed as well.  It is dynamic every time you load up with UTL in the sim.  GA Aircraft will be flying to different airports each time.  Not sure on WX and MX delays, will need to check that with dev.
Keep the Blue Side UP!

Jeff Smith --x-O-x--
Flight One Software
Sales Support
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2017 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Woozie Woozie wrote:

Hi Steve

A few questions before I hit the BUY button ;)

1. Can it be used on a networked PC (the GUI at least) or only on sim PC?
2. As it supports SIDs/STARs, is it using updatable navdata?
3. I understand that its not 'live' as in 'realtime traffic' but i'm wondering how schedules are updated. Are there going to be free schedule updates on a regular basis (Winter and Summer schedule)?
4. Given that traffic is calculated outside of the sim, how is the VAS and FPS compared to BGL based AI traffic? Roughly the same or significantly improved?

Thanks 
Lars

Hello Lars,

Here are some answers to some of your questions...
  1. No, it does not have network support.
  2. No, I don't believe it is and believe it can only be updated internally at this time.
  3. Not sure if there will be free schedule updates or not in the future.  Best to expect paying a small fee for updated schedules in the future just like UT2 as the data is expensive.
  4. VAS and FPS are completely at the user's control as the UTL interface allows flexibility in how the aircraft are displayed, radii, and how many, etc.

Cheers!

Keep the Blue Side UP!

Jeff Smith --x-O-x--
Flight One Software
Sales Support
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2017 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by oscar.o oscar.o wrote:

Hello everyone,

great news, but i have also a question.

I've built over the years a big package of flightplans and Aircrafts from pages like FAIB and AIG.

Is it possible to use this package in UTLive?

Joachim

UTL includes a sample addon schedule to show how someone can add schedules in addition to the default database.
Keep the Blue Side UP!

Jeff Smith --x-O-x--
Flight One Software
Sales Support
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2017 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by pmb pmb wrote:

Originally posted by tuomasho tuomasho wrote:

Hi,

-=Tuomas=-
+1, similar configuration as yours

I'll try and find out if there is any plans for this at this time.
Keep the Blue Side UP!

Jeff Smith --x-O-x--
Flight One Software
Sales Support
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2017 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by wilton wilton wrote:

I do like the sound of this Version.

One issue I had with UT2 was the flight plans where most AI aircraft would fly around at FL350 everywhere both east and west. I'm hoping new real world realistic plans have been created.

Wont know until tonight when I get home from work and download it. 

I'll verify this, but I believe the flights are done at random flight levels for their cruise portions of their flight plans.
Keep the Blue Side UP!

Jeff Smith --x-O-x--
Flight One Software
Sales Support
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2017 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by mikestout mikestout wrote:

Does this program come with the actual aircraft or is it just routes.? I'm interested in having both routes and aircraft. Thanks....Mike

Hello Mike,

It includes AI planes.  These are not flyable.
Keep the Blue Side UP!

Jeff Smith --x-O-x--
Flight One Software
Sales Support
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2017 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Bob57 Bob57 wrote:

Installed UT Live, no issues runs great, and the coupon worked. However went to KMEM hoping to see a sea of FedEx planes, and found none, settings for traffic 100%. Will Cargo flights be added to UL Live?

FedEx and UPS do not report their schedules to our database provider so no schedules are available for these cargo carriers.  You will see other cargo planes that have been painted and schedules though around the world.  JAL Cargo and Alaska Air Cargo are some of the ones I have seen in the sim so far.
Keep the Blue Side UP!

Jeff Smith --x-O-x--
Flight One Software
Sales Support
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2017 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by vrouleau vrouleau wrote:

Is there a way to import the db files from UT2. I would like to import all of my custom scheduals that I did in UT2 into UTLive. Is that possible?

I'll check on this for you.  Thanks!
Keep the Blue Side UP!

Jeff Smith --x-O-x--
Flight One Software
Sales Support
Bob57 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2017 at 12:34am
Originally posted by Jeff Smith Jeff Smith wrote:

FedEx and UPS do not report their schedules to our database provider so no schedules are available for these cargo carriers.  You will see other cargo planes that have been painted and schedules though around the world.  JAL Cargo and Alaska Air Cargo are some of the ones I have seen in the sim so far.

Thanks Jeff for the clarification, will this be possible in the future?

Bob
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2017 at 10:27am

Thanks Jeff for the clarification, will this be possible in the future?

Bob

In the past we have not supplied Cargo schedules.  There are other sources available to get these elsewhere.

Keep the Blue Side UP!

Jeff Smith --x-O-x--
Flight One Software
Sales Support
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic