Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic Live > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Night texture FAIB models

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copilot767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Night texture FAIB models
    Posted: March-30-2017 at 6:35pm
Hello..
Hope someone can help me- Tried P3D forum and personal mail to FAIB without luck.
My platform is P3D v3.4

Soon we start with UT Live- But before- I have a issue with FAIB models

Only FAIB models is problem.
I Have no night texture at FAIB repaints at night- no logo and no passenger light- fuselage completely dark.. Beacon , taxi , landing light work..
I have Installed correct- L.dds to p3d/texture and so on....
Does anyone have night textures with FAIB in P3D v 3 +
And can someone tell me- what they did- to get it work
Chris from Denmark
Dave_YVRATC View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2017 at 8:29pm
They work fine at night in my setup, but I have added a texture.cfg to each repaint to tell the sim where to find the lightmap.
copilot767 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copilot767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2017 at 3:24am
Sounds good:)
What do you call these texture.cfg , where do you place it and
What have you written inside the texture.cfg?
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copilot767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2017 at 5:06am
Tried to put FAIB night textures direct into the texture.SAS

No light.

How can they work by putting them into main texture of P3D.

Hope you can tell me exactly what you did- to get it to work😊
I use p3d v3.4
ScottecLEMD View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2017 at 5:54pm
Mine were working until four days ago, now they are all dark.
Gone
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copilot767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2017 at 4:45am
Hope someone can help with this problem-
So FAIB can be used in P3d v3+
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2017 at 10:35am
Some clarification here - Are you adding FAIB models to UTL? or are these issues with UTL models?
Keep the Blue Side UP!

Jeff Smith --x-O-x--
Flight One Software
Sales Support
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2017 at 10:40am
These are addons Jeff, not native UTL. I didn't realise this question was in the UTL forum.

Brgds

Ken
Gone
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2017 at 10:42am
Thanks Ken.  Didn't want to classify it as a bug if it was not related.   Moved it to Non-support.

Cheers!
Keep the Blue Side UP!

Jeff Smith --x-O-x--
Flight One Software
Sales Support
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2017 at 7:27am
Dave,

How did you add the lightmap texture.cfg - can you share as I am still having a problem with my FAIB models.

Thanks

Ken
Gone
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2017 at 2:02pm
Hi Ken,

For most of my various AI models, I have added a TEXTURE folder in which I have generic lightmaps to be used by each repaint. P3d and even FSX have been using texture.cfg's since day1 so I figured I would too. The idea being that the texture.cfg's tell the sim where to find any missing textures. You could use the main texture folder for the sim, but I choose not to so that I can more easily port my AI from sim to sim and install to install etc (keep it simple and all in one place).

You simply add a texture.cfg to every repaint folder, it's more efficient for the sim and drastically reduces the space used.

The texture.cfg I use simply contains this

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\texture
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\Texture
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\Texture

For instance, I have 706 repaints just in my FAIB B737-800 winglets alone. By using a texture.cfg for each paint I use 96kb total vs if I have used a lightmap for each would use close to 1.5gb.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2017 at 4:10pm
Hi Dave

Perfect, thanks for that. For some reason the FAIB models are not picking up the lightmap textures most likely because I moved them out of the P3D directory. I never thought to add a texture.cfg file. I will give this a go tomorrow.

Best regards

Ken
Gone
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2017 at 7:59pm
Also Ken, a very handy tool to help copy the potential thousands of texture.cfg's into each repaint texture folder is called n2ncopy. It's free and super easy to use. I did a few thousand by hand until I found this program.
freelancer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freelancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2017 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Dave_YVRATC Dave_YVRATC wrote:

Also Ken, a very handy tool to help copy the potential thousands of texture.cfg's into each repaint texture folder is called n2ncopy. It's free and super easy to use. I did a few thousand by hand until I found this program.

+1

I use this also.  I did a couple of aircraft folders at the same time (roughly 900 or so texture folders) in a few seconds.
Mark
P3D v4.4
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2017 at 3:33am
Wicked, thanks for the info.  Will look at that today.....after work.... Smile
Gone
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2017 at 3:50am
Well, despite all my attempts, still have no night texture on their FAIB models. Even installing the light maps in the individual livery folders has no effect. I emailed the developer but he has yet to respond with a solution. Anyone got any ideas?
Gone
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2017 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by ScottecLEMD ScottecLEMD wrote:

Anyone got any ideas?

Is this happening with every repaint? You have ensured that they are not FS9 repaints and have the correct alpha layer for FSX/P3d?  Can you post a screenshot of two of specific examples by any chance?
FlyTweety View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyTweety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2017 at 3:19pm
At least i can state. in my Sim (P3D 3.4) the light is still on.

Installation is external, the enviroment is a "Fakesim" with "Simobjects" and "Textures" Folder, all Lightmaps are installed in the Fakesim/Textures Folder.

This folder has an Entry in the Textures.cfg of P3D

The Aircraft themself are installed in he Fakesim/Simobjects/AI Folder which has an Entry in the simobjects.cfg of the P3d

This worked for me long time, i remember, in the first days i had trouble but when i remember right the solution was to rise the priority of the  Fakesim/texture entry in the texture.cfg to "entry.1"
Call me "Tweety"
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2017 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Dave_YVRATC Dave_YVRATC wrote:

Originally posted by ScottecLEMD ScottecLEMD wrote:

Anyone got any ideas?

Is this happening with every repaint? You have ensured that they are not FS9 repaints and have the correct alpha layer for FSX/P3d?  Can you post a screenshot of two of specific examples by any chance?

Only the FAIB models. The generic UTL are fine as at some of my others like OSP ATR.

All the repaints are native FSX. I will get a screenshot tomorrow.

I keep my own AI outside the sim in a simpl folder called D:\AI Aircraft. The only difference before when I see UT2 was that I still had a separate AI Aicraft directory but I simply added this in beside the UT2 aicraft.

Having said that, even adding the light map files f on FAIB directly into an aircraft livery makes no difference. Maybe I should try dumping the directory back inside P3D and see what happens.
Gone
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2017 at 8:25am
Ok, so, all of my own AI aircraft are installed here:

D:\KBR AI Aircraft

And then the relevant aircraft directories.

Picking one at random, for Afriquah Airways, Reg 5A-OND

D:\KBR AI Aircraft\AI Airbus A319-100 - 319\texture.AAW Afriqiyah Airways\5A-OND

There is one texture in this folder, FAIB_A319_CFM_T.dds

Model shows up perfectly during daytime operations. At night aircraft is visible but without the Logo light illuminated. Once aircraft has pushed off gate and is ready to taxi, all the lights come on, including the Logo.

Simobjects file is located here:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

and the relevant entry has been created so that P3D can find my addons, with 10 being the next sequential number.

[Entry.10]
PATH=D:\KBR AI Aircraft
TITLE=KBR AI Aircraft
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.11]
PATH=D:\FLIGHT ONE SOFTWARE\ULTIMATE TRAFFIC LIVE\utLive Aircraft
TITLE=utLive Aircraft
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true

All the FAIB additional textures are loaded here:

D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Texture

per the instructions from FAIB detailed below.

---FSX ONLY IMPORTANT NOTE---

To prevent performance issues you must copy the content of the included "PLACE INSIDE YOUR FSX MAIN TEXTURE FOLDER" folder into your FSX main texture folder.

**** NEW IN SP1 ****
Inside the EXTRA folder you will find the LOGO LIGHT ALWAYS ON folder which includes special always on textures designed to give you logo light illumination at all times similar to UT2 models.
Simply copy these textures to your MAIN FSX TEXTURE folder and overwrite.

I have tried adding the texture.cfg file to the liveries to point to this location but no luck. I´ve tried installing the lightmap textures directly into the livery folder, no luck.
Gone
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2017 at 5:18pm
That doesn't make any sense. I added the lightmap textures to my main p3d texture folder and they worked fine from there. Maybe goto FAIB and download a couple models for the lightmaps again just to double check.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2017 at 12:54am
I'll give that another go Dave. It was working before but seomething changed, either a Windows update or something else.
Gone
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic