Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions (Check Here First)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Warning FSX did not shut down correctly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flaps10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warning FSX did not shut down correctly
    Posted: April-16-2017 at 7:54am
I have trawled through the forum on this, although this problem has been mentioned, has there ever been a fix for it? I have had the programme for about six months now and never got it to work. Despite uninstalling and reinstalling tried all sorts no joy. it plays the music to say its installed then the red box pops up. Any ideas please guys?

I bought it from Amazon so its all registered. Hope you can help

Many Thanks mike.
Mike
Ickleki View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ickleki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2017 at 1:09pm
I'm also having the same issue. Checked the .EXE and nothing seems to be wrong with the path. I've also tried manually opening the ut2services file and still pops up with the red warning. If there is any fix on this could we have it please. I've had this issue ever since purchasing UT2.
Thanks Kieren
ScottecLEMD View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2017 at 3:34am
If you have already followed the suggestions in the other posts then not sure what else i can add. Did you install the programme as administrator and with your anti virus off and user account t controls set to zero? Are your running flight sim as administrator?
Ickleki View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ickleki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2017 at 10:12am
Done all that has been suggested. 

1. System Reboot 
2. Safe Mode
3. Updated Timezone 
4. Run both programmes in administrator mode.
5. Reinstalled Flight1 (Even redownloaded Flight1 wrapper).
6. Even installed Summer schedule 2016 see if that would of fixed it seeing as it's a later version.
7. Checked <path> in EXE file.
8. Checked trusted addons (tried removing and adding).

FSX (Steam Addition) Version 2.10 running on Windows 10.

All programmes are running perfectly, just UT2 that does not. 

Tried everything, worked for a brief moment then when I restarted FSX it came back. I've tried for so long, the default traffic seem to of vanished so I'm flying alone which is really killing the realism so if a member of staff can help us that would be great. 

Quick random question does UT2 run off SODE? Is it possible to have it running twice that could cause the crash of UT2 on startup? Because FSX config has it twice when I launch FSX after deleting the file it tells me there is already SODE running in the background when I give them both permissions they crash UT2 and Passengers. 

Thanks Kieren
Flaps10 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flaps10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2017 at 5:08am
I have also done the same. Never got it to work, tried uninstalling every thing. FSX. UT2. And UK2000 Scenery. and clean reinstalled everything again. Though this time FSX Successfully registered but then reverted to the demo version, said something like calling Microsoft to activate the software. Unbelievable. I got fed up with-it. Uninstalled FSX and bought the steam version which works great, then reinstalled UT2 exactly according to the instructions. Hey the same think happened plays the music along with the red popup box.
UT2 Seems to run ok on its own I configured all the gismos then minimised it, starting FSX the red box pops up. So I closed it, I don't know if this was just a fluke but some moving aircraft did appear with UT2 Minimised. Or it could have been UK2000 Scenery.
I am guessing that maybe a few others here are having the same problem too. Or maybe someone could suggest a similar programme that would do the same thing that works.
Mike
ScottecLEMD View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2017 at 7:47am
As far as I am aware, UT2 does NOT use SODE.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic