Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic 2 for FSX > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UT2 and P3Dv4 no aircraft

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote portanav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UT2 and P3Dv4 no aircraft
    Posted: October-17-2017 at 4:50pm
I have installed UT2 into my P3Dv4and it is working (I hear the audio when P3D runs and it is in the Addons Menu) but I don't see any aircraft at any airport; busy airports like JKF, IAD and MIA.

Does anyone have idea why this is so?

Regards,
Best Regards,
Michael.

FSX,AivlaSoft EFB, PFPX,TOPCAT,FSUIPC,UT2, ProATC/X,RAAS Pro.
Querer View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Querer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2017 at 2:31am
You said it is working as you heard the startup music. But is it really working? You should see an UT2 menue in the Addons menue bar inside your P3D. If this is also there, somehow the only missing thing is the injection of traffic. Do you have your exe.xml, configs etc. configured properly? Are the UT2 files pointing to the prepar3d folders? What happens, if you start up UT2 GUI?
portanav View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote portanav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2017 at 4:13am
Originally posted by Querer Querer wrote:

You said it is working as you heard the startup music. But is it really working? You should see an UT2 menue in the Addons menue bar inside your P3D. If this is also there, somehow the only missing thing is the injection of traffic. Do you have your exe.xml, configs etc. configured properly? Are the UT2 files pointing to the prepar3d folders? What happens, if you start up UT2 GUI?
Yes I hear the music play on startup and the UT2 menu is available on the Addons Menu of P3D.

This is what I have in my exe.xml:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>UT2</Name>
    <Path>E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Flight One software\Ultimate Traffic2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
    <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
  </Launch.Addon>

The UT2 GUI starts like normal and I am able to configure as I like, just like when I used FSX.
What I noticed is that it injects traffic in the air, but no aircraft on the ramp, taxiways or runways. Is that possible? I know this because if I go to the UT2 menu and select UT2 OFF the traffic goes away. The UT2 folder is located in the SimObjects folder of P3D. I don't know what else to check. I sure hope you do.

Regards,

Best Regards,
Michael.

Querer View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Querer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2017 at 5:14am
Ok, this makes sense. If the exe.xml is correct, UT2 will be executed, you hear the sound and UT2Services.exe will be up and running. Now it has to inject the traffic. This is also done. But no planes on the ramp. There are some issues that might have an effect here:

- you use the FPS limiter in the UT2 GUI options menue. If you for example tell UT2 to reduce traffic until 30FPS is reached, your sim runs constantly with 29FPS or less, UT2 will not inject any traffic on any airport. Try once without any FPS limit.

- somehow you have custom AFCADs for those airports you tested UT2 that do not match the UT2 AI planes. This is rather unlikely, do you have no traffic on ALL airports?

What happens if you open the views menue in P3D, select AI traffic and then select one of the UT2 planes flying around, do you see it?
ScottecLEMD View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2017 at 6:52am
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2

Change the UT2Settings.cfg file to reflect the following:

[Main]
FSX cfg File Location =C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V4\FSX.cfg
FSX Location=D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
hideDisclaimer=1
hideBackup=1

You will also need to make a dummy fsx.cfg file and place this in

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

and within this FSX.cfg file you need to add a simobjects under the [MAIN] section - this is most likely why you are not seeing any traffic

[MAIN]
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter, Submersible, ExternalSim, Avatar
LabelsSupported=Airplane, Helicopter
ShowInfoText=1
Location=621,136,1224,626,\\.\DISPLAY2
Maximized=2
HideMenuNormal=0
HideMenuFullscreen=1
ContentErrorReporting=1
SimObjectPaths.0=Simobjects\UT2 Aircraft

Try all that. It works for me and also allows me to use the Powerpack and UT2 program to create and assign schedules.

Remember, UT2 was not designed to be installed into P3D so you have to fool it into thinking it is in FSX.
Querer View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Querer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2017 at 11:07am
I guess all this is correct for the topic starter, as he hears the starting sound, he has the UT2 menue inside the menue bar within P3D and he sees the traffic in the air. However, somehow he has no traffic on the ground...
sddjd View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sddjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2017 at 5:29pm
I have a similar issue, but am seeing some traffic (well, ONE ai aircraft). I have the UT aircraft in the default location, but have added another folder containing my customized aircraft:

SimObjectPaths.1=Simobjects\P3D Native AI

UT2 correctly identifies this as I see all these aircraft in the interface. However, in P3D I don't see any of these aircraft in the sim. 

The P3D config file has a similar SimObjectsPath entry but starts at .1, not .0 as in the fsx config. I've added the second AI folder to that config as .2 but no dice....
sddjd View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sddjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2017 at 5:03pm
Update, I revised the p3d config to start the simobjects entries at .0 (instead of .1).

Strange thing is, in sim now I see one (yes one) 757 at SAN at 100% traffic UT2 setting. This is a "stock" UT2 757. I opened UT2 and reassigned one of my FAIB 767's that resides in my second simobjects folder. After restarting the traffic in-sim the 767 is now visible, but this is still the ONLY aircraft at SAN???

Somehow, somewhere something is limiting traffic to one aircraft but I have no idea where to start....
Kanoasurf View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanoasurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2017 at 5:21am
Have you fixed it? It may sounds silly but have you made the right entries in the sinobjects.cfg, the one here C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4? They entries needed have to point to the folders where you have the AI aircraft both the UT2 and any other you may have added.
Kano
portanav View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote portanav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2017 at 1:44am
Sorry for the late reply, yes I fixed it. Now I have a problem with addon AI aircraft, only part of the paint scheme is visible; the tail section, the fuselage is black. What might cause this?

Regards.
Best Regards,
Michael.

Kanoasurf View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanoasurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2017 at 7:04am
How did you fix it?
That sounds the wrong texture for the model.
If you can tell me exactly which model are you using and which texture, I may be able to tell you
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic