Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic 2 for FSX > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UT2 Setting Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maverick2561 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UT2 Setting Tips
    Posted: November-08-2017 at 4:58am
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to Ultimate Traffic, just installed UT2, updated and have the 2013 schedule installed.

I am just enquiring to see if anyone can give me some tips on setting the traffic amounts, at the moment they are both set to 100%, but I seem to have an unrealistic amount of smaller aircraft compared to the larger commercial flights.

I have played around with the values but cant seem to find the right balance.
If anyone has a set up they could recommend I would be most appreciative.

Many Thanks
Maverick
The definition of flight is to learn how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!
Querer View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Querer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2017 at 5:29am
Not only the "unrealistic" amount of GA planes is an issue when you have both slider on 100%, but also other aspects:

- 100% Airline Traffic will result in rather strange rush hours when you fire up your sim on bigger airports. And it results in almost all gates being occupied at the destination airport. I have mine on 50-70%. Also, 100% is heavy on FPS on bigger addon airports.

- 100% GA traffic will basically flood your airports with GA planes (as you observed). Furthermore, it is extremly heavy on FPS due to the fact that no GA AI planes come with UT2 and it instead uses the default GA planes from your sim, which are everything but appropriate to be used as AI planes. I have mine on 50% or less.
ScottecLEMD View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2017 at 5:31am
I usually set my GA to around 35% and Airlines to 100%
Maverick2561 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maverick2561 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2017 at 3:04am
Many thanks for your input, not too worried about FPS, rebuilt my comp earlier in the year and it handles frame rates pretty well.
Along with FSX and UT2 I have AS16, Rex Worldwide Airports HD and Rex Texture Direct Enhanced.
Its all running pretty much maxed out with very little drop in FPS, certainly not noticable anyway.
I'll try out your settings and see how it goes.
Many thanks Guys.
The definition of flight is to learn how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic