Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic Live > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Some question about UTL.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cpt Bambi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some question about UTL.
    Posted: November-09-2017 at 2:14pm
Hello everybody.

I'm looking into getting UTL to replace my WOAI.

Will this work for FSX SE?

Will I be able to have "aircraft cast shadows on ground" setting and not have Ai dissapear at certain addon airports?

I've seen Youtube comments stating that it covers all airports but others have said it covers just over 3200 airports, I'm concerned that my favorite smaller airports will have no traffic.

Sorry If these sound silly, just want to make sure I'm buying the right thing.

Thanks.
ScottecLEMD View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2017 at 2:25pm
Not silly questions.

It does work in FSE-SE.

If aircraft shadows are not present at certain airports then I would say that is a scenery issue,.

I wonder who counted 3,200 airports. I am not going to tell you it covers all airports, because that's a bit like asking who long is a piece of string. All I can say is that I have flown, mainly in the UK form many of the samller, regional airport and not been disappointed.
Cpt Bambi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cpt Bambi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2017 at 5:59pm
Hi thanks for the reply.

In regards to the shadows thing the reason is that WOAI uses ported FS9 models, at some Addon airports like the ones from FSDT the AI will dissapear due to the lighting method they use compared to the default airports, unless you turn off the aircraft ground shadow option.

I'm hoping UTL uses FSX models as I want to be able to have my shadows back on.

By any chance have you flown to EGNX (East midlands airport) as this is my local airport, what is traffic there too?

Thanks again.
Marc View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2017 at 6:13pm
EGNX shows 8 airlines that fly in and out.

Cheers,
Marc
Cpt Bambi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cpt Bambi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2017 at 8:38pm
Does that include all the cargo flights, DHL,TNT and UPS? and the massive Anotonov that visits?

I get all these with WOAI.
Marc View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2017 at 8:47pm
It didn't show the cargo. I'd keep the woai cargo running on your system to have that covered.
Cpt Bambi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cpt Bambi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2017 at 8:55pm
Ah now this is what had me worried, EGNX is a major cargo hub in the midlands and with no cargo flights it's just going to look wrong. :(
Marc View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2017 at 9:41pm
The only airlines UT live show are

Aurigny
BMI Regional
Etihad
Flybe
Jet 2
Ryanair
Thomas Cook UK
Thomson

No Cargo!
Marc View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2017 at 9:58pm
You know you can run WOAI and UT Live at the same time right?? When power pack is included with final release, you can import flight plans from Cargo carriers rather easily. I wouldn't be discouraged. Just a little more time and I think everything you're looking for at EGNX will be at your finger tips! Hang in there!
Cpt Bambi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cpt Bambi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2017 at 10:53pm
Ok that sounds good, any idea of final release? I'm not really a fan of Beta testing and would Rather get it when it's done.
Marc View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2017 at 12:35am
It's just an issue trying to get P3Dv4 to work. I have FSX-SE. It works great for me. I know others are frustrated, but P3Dv4 was released back in June after UT Live was already in Beta. I'd say if you have FSX-SE, go ahead and get it. It works great aside from a few fixer uppers that I'm sure will be addressed upon final release. I've purchased products from these guys for over a decade. They always figure it out. The Power Pack function will cure all your ills when it's available. I run most big Cargo off of old BGL files from way back. With proper AFCAD's my sim world is in great shape thanks to UT Live and WOAI
Cpt Bambi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cpt Bambi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2017 at 9:02am
Thanks for the help, I'll be strongly considering UTL now. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic