Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic Live > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PARKING SPACE QUESTIONs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven_444 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PARKING SPACE QUESTIONs
    Posted: November-14-2017 at 2:54pm
Dear fellow Flyers, 

UTL is a new acquisition to my sim life, and i must say i am quite happy with it. 
i would like to know:
1. If there is a way to have a specific parking space not populate with an aircraft, so that i can park in a designated space at the end of a flight? 
2. if there is a way to prevent UTL  placing an aircraft in my "Just vacated" space / gate at departure? 
so far i cant think of anything else to change, happy to poke about and look, but this has beaten me.   
Thanks in advance for helpful guidance. 
Best wishes. 
Steve Jackson/ Virtual KLM/FlyUK// P3DV4.1/ Orbx lots/ PMDG 777/737/ MJQ400// WIN 10, i7 6700 4Ghz, 32GB, GTX980 TI6Gb. SSD500Gb
Dave_YVRATC View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 3:41pm
The only ways I can think of is one to edit the airport file with ADE and either remove the specific parking spot or reduce it in size so that it's too small for AI to use (2m for instance). Otherwise if you use GSX, I believe you can use it to remove the ai from your preferred spot. 
pellelil View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pellelil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2017 at 3:32am
I don't think GSX can do it (I requested this feature a while back, but don't think it have been implemented). However if you fly with ProATC/X it can keep your parking-space (gate) open. I was told that WAMA (Where are my aircraft) also have this feature, but have never tried it
Pelle Liljendal
BrianT View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrianT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2017 at 4:27am
There is a utility I use called "where are my aircraft" reserving parking spaces isn't it's main feature but it's all I use it for. it also stops AI spawning over the top of you whilst your setting up or during push back. It's not free about £5 I think. For me it was worth the outlay.
Hopefully I'm not breaking any forum rules by mentioning other software.
Regards
Brian
Querer View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Querer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2017 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Dave_YVRATC Dave_YVRATC wrote:

The only ways I can think of is one to edit the airport file with ADE and either remove the specific parking spot or reduce it in size so that it's too small for AI to use (2m for instance). 

I would not recommend this, as it would not only result in no AI traffic on this spot but also that the spot is not recognized / considered by the default ATC etc. Rather change your aircraft.cfg entries in a way they are unique for your needs, for example:

atc_parking_types=GATE
atc_parking_codes=OWN1

The relevant entries are parking type and parking codes. Now you could match your destination airport ADE as such as that your desired parking spots allow only the parking code "OWN1". This would even result in the fact that the default ATC will direct you to the correct gate.
steven_444 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven_444 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2017 at 1:25pm
SmilePellelil:
 Thank you for your reply, thats a +1 for the Where are my aircraft.  

Steve Jackson/ Virtual KLM/FlyUK// P3DV4.1/ Orbx lots/ PMDG 777/737/ MJQ400// WIN 10, i7 6700 4Ghz, 32GB, GTX980 TI6Gb. SSD500Gb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven_444 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2017 at 1:26pm
BrianT:
Brilliant simple answer to the question, thank you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven_444 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2017 at 1:28pm
Dave:
thank you for this insight, i'm sure others will appreciate the info to.  I'll look into this one.
ScottecLEMD View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2017 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Dave_YVRATC Dave_YVRATC wrote:

The only ways I can think of is one to edit the airport file with ADE and either remove the specific parking spot or reduce it in size so that it's too small for AI to use (2m for instance). Otherwise if you use GSX, I believe you can use it to remove the ai from your preferred spot. 

The only problem with this method, if you reduce the parking spot radius and you do use GSX then you might find that GSX will not provide services to that gate because it knows the gate size is too small for your aircraft.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic