Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > Ultimate Traffic in FSX - Classic Version
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UT2 Does Not Load

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juergen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UT2 Does Not Load
    Posted: December-03-2017 at 5:28am
Hi,
As of yesterday (there was a WIN10 update) UT2 does not load into the simulator. I get a red octagon warning message "Flight Simulator did not shut down properly the last time you ran it. You should reboot your computer before continuing. Close" - see screenshot
https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/EjWLM2
Also in the taskbar is a icon "Instances" and when I right click on that icon i get:
UT2Runtime - Pin to Taskbar - Close Window.
Obviously I have rebooted / shut down the computer several time. The Warning message reoccurs and if I continue UT2 is not loaded (not in the Addon pull down menu).
Thanks for help

Brgds
Juergen Mader
Juergen2 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juergen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2017 at 4:36am
Hi,
Anyone any ideas???
Thanks
Brgds
Juergen Mader
ScottecLEMD View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2017 at 4:54am
Well, I think the fact that Windows 10 updated itself might have something to do with it. You could try rolling that back or re-installing UT2.
Juergen2 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juergen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2017 at 1:24pm
Hi,
I just uninstalled / reinstalled UT2 V2.09, but still having the same problem:
I get a warning that the simulator was not shut down properly and I should restart and a icon in the taskbar list a UT2 runtime.
Also UT2 does NOT load into the simulator (nothing under addons); see also screenshot from previous post for warning and icon.
Thanks for help
Brgds
Juergen Mader
Juergen2 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juergen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2017 at 2:37pm
Hi,
I forgot to mention that after uninstall of UT2 I ran the simulator and did NOT receive the shut down / restart warning as well as the icon in the taskbar.
So I strongly suspect that the problem involves UT2.
Thanks for help
Brgds
Juergen Mader
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2017 at 3:42pm
Did you install as Administrator?
Juergen2 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juergen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2017 at 7:01am
Hi Scott,
It was a re-install and I used the Flight 1 application. I did not see a choice for "Administrator"?
Thanks for help
Brgds
Juergen Mader
Juergen2 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juergen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2017 at 2:38pm
Hi Scott,
I did un-install UT2 again and than right click on the Flight1 application - "run as Administrator" - and re-installed UT2.
Same results -octagon warning message and icon on taskbar UT2 runtime.
Thanks for help
Brgds
Juergen Mader
Juergen2 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juergen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2017 at 12:58pm
Hi Scott,
Anything else I can try?
Thanks
Brgds
Juergen Mader
Juergen2 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juergen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2017 at 10:11am
Hi Scott,
Is there a way to escalate the issue. It's very lonely at airports and certainly very unrealistic to fly w/o UT2.
I definitely need some help
Thanks again
Brgds
Juergen Mader
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2017 at 3:18am
Hi Jurgen

The only other option s to send a ticket to Flight1. This error has persisted over the years and, after trawling all the reports on this forum I still couldn't find a resolution. If UT2 is not let adding automatically then that would point to an issue with your exe.xml file. I know that the latest windows 10 update caused problems for many flightsim users however Microsoft were supposedly releasing a fix for that on December 12th   Check your windows update history to see if another update has been installed and, if so, try a full, clean install of UT2.
Juergen2 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juergen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2017 at 3:55pm
Hi Scott,
I believe I have the newest Windows 10 updates (see attached screenshot if you know which update is supposed to fix the issue from MS) and have tried a "clean" install.
Clean = uninstall UT2 - reboot - disable Norton - use Flight1 wrapper to reinstall;
Again, after uninstall the problem does NOT occur, after reinstall error is back.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/u06092
Again I appreciate your help and please let me know what else I can do
Brgds
Juergen Mader
Juergen2 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juergen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2017 at 3:45am
Hi Scott,
Is my definition of a "CLEAN INSTALL" the same as yours?
Q: Should I start the ticket with Flight1?
Thanks again

Brgds
Juergen Mader
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2017 at 3:51am
For me a clean install is to uninstall and also remove any leftover directories for Flight 1, run CCleaner to remove any registry entries, reboot, then run UT2 as Admin, also, when running the sim, make sure that is set to run with Admin rights, especially if it is installed in the default Program File x86 directory. If all else fails, raise a ticket with Flight 1. Sorry I canĀ“t provide a solution, it must be very infuriating.

Ken
Juergen2 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juergen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2017 at 5:29pm
Hi Scott,
I duplicated your method of "clean install" to no avail.
Same issue as before. I opened a ticket with Flight1 but I don't know if they will respond to technical issues. It appears that they will only deal with sales and purchase issues.
We will see
Thanks again
Brgds
Juergen Mader
Juergen2 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juergen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2017 at 12:03pm
Hi Scott,
I send a ticket to Flight1 and basically got blown off. They gave me some links:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Flight+Simulator+did+not+shut+down+properly+the+last+time+you+ran+it&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1 but none has been resolved.
However I came across one reply from you which I can not make heads or tails of?
http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=11085&title=planes-are-jumping-around. Here you replied with mostly html characters. Would it be possible to repost this reply?
I am getting desperate
Thanks
Brgds
Juergen Mader
Juergen2 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juergen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2017 at 3:31am
Hi All,
Does any of the Administrators have an idea what else I can do to get UT2 back running???
Thanks for help
Brgds
Juergen Mader
Juergen2 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juergen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2017 at 9:10am
OK, here is the solution to the problem:
Since I could not find any solution in the UT2 forum, Flight1 ticket answer and any other forum, I decided to purchase (33% discount for UT2 users) UTLive and try it. If it worked -great, if not -request a refund.
The installation went fine and I have traffic back on all airports!!
Brgds
Juergen Mader
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic