Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic Live > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spoiled between two options. Ideas for UTL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aviator85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spoiled between two options. Ideas for UTL
    Posted: December-23-2017 at 5:29am
Hey there,

I have some ideas for Ultimate Traffic Live that I believe would be very interesting for others as well. Ever since I firstly flew online (IVAO/VATSIM) I have been spoiled. I couldn't fly offline anymore, because the experience is just so many levels beyond any virtual ATC-system. But it obviously comes with a not so insignificant downside. Mostly empty airports, the other day I went into KIAD... just two/three aircraft around. I also don't feel like being dictated to where events are. Anyway UTLive has the huge advantage of producing busy airports.
So I thought to myself there must be a way to combine both.
How about giving an option for UTLive to inject only parked/static aircraft?? Because the real immersion killer with online flying isn't necessarily empty skies, but empty airports. Parked aircraft would greatly improve that "busy" feel of an airport even if there is not much movement going around and the only conflict that have to be dealt with in combination with online traffic is
one aircraft parked over another and an aircraft parked on the gate you are assigned to. But I would think it could be possible to let UTLive AI detect such traffic and upon "collision" just disappear. After all it's able to detect other AI and the user aircraft and stops behind. And on the other note have the ability to remove an AI from that specific stand you want to go to/have been assigned to (like the clear approach feature). I am no software developer so it's up to you to decide how challenging such addition might be. Just just I'd toss in such an idea

And if you are wondering why add such feature when static aircraft will do the same job?? Well first of all static aircraft is only there when the developer adds static aircraft. UTLive would depict static aircraft at any airport that has an AFCAD and it would also depict aircraft according to it's schedule so you would never see exactly the same scene. Secondly static aircraft doesn't have the ability to remove itself if another aircraft would position itself there.

Cheers,

Amadeo
Hazzanz View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazzanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2018 at 8:36pm
Hey Amadeo,
Sorry but I don't quite agree. Whilst you would have lots of parked aircraft the downside is that they are all parked. No queues waiting to takeoff or land, no holds, etc

A product I would like to see is where you would have a local install (such as we now have) BUT with an option to have all traffic injected from a central server. That way the aircraft are all installed locally, so loaded locally. All flight plans are installed locally with the option of having them initiated by the local UT program (if not flying online or just want your own traffic) or each flight initiated by a central server. So in this case the server (operating off UTC time) would sent a "signal" for aircraft to spawn and which Flight Plan it will use. The local program will then perform those actions (less traffic from the server). This means that everyone in your online flight will see the same AI in the same place at the same time regardless of the time they have set to fly their flight. So the takeoff queues will be the same for everyone. The major issue for this (as far as I can see) is how to pick up multiple online pilots at the same time and inject them into each sim whilst making the AI aware that they are there (perhaps something that JoinFS or similar could assist with).

Just my 2 cents worth!

Cheers

Harry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic