Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic Live > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AI Model vs Reptaint

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdecastro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AI Model vs Reptaint
    Posted: December-31-2017 at 5:05pm
Hey There,

Have some trouble in this department. After installing a model into UTL, do I need to apply a texture made for that specific model, or will any texture (for that aircraft) work? 

For instance, Im trying to add the Lufthansa A380 to UTL. I downloaded the Model from AIGroup, but cant seem to find LH texture from them...so I downloaded someone elses freeware texture, however it is "painting" the AIG model. 

Could someone kindly clear this up?
Thanks, 
Max
Dave_YVRATC View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2017 at 5:46pm
Its no different than adding liveries to any of your flyable aircraft. Definately model specific.
Using the TFS A380 requires repaints made for that model.
Check here for some repaints.
http://www.juergenbaumbusch.de/?cat=75
mdecastro View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdecastro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2017 at 6:01pm
So I downloaded the AIG A380 you showed me - then found that same LH 380 paint..but it says "Repaint of the FS Painter (FSP)" - not AIG/Fruit stand. 

So I put them together anyway - it was picked up by the GUI - but now how do I confirm its in the sim - In theory, per flightware, LH 401 is an A380 out of JFK at 4pm...so I set the sim to 330 to see if it was at the gate but couldn't find it...is there a way to "force confirm" that it will show without hunting for it?
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2017 at 6:08pm
Exactly as i mentioned above, the FSP model is different than the TFS model and won't work. Try page two of the Lufthansa paints on JB's site.
mdecastro View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdecastro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2017 at 6:32pm
HA! this so much research...but ok - onwards we go!! 

Happy New Year!
mdecastro View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdecastro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2017 at 7:36pm
I put the model in the F1 folder - then the texture within that folder. I edit the CFG. 

To test - I removed the 747 LH repaint and substituted it for the A380 model/texture.....at 20:13, the 747 is at the gate at JFK...but after this substitution, no aircraft appears - the gate is actually given to another airline. 

Thoughts?
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2017 at 8:34pm
So to clarify, you've removed the LH 744 from the assignments in the UTL control panel?

Secondly, where have you put the TFS A380 folder and what entry did you use in the aircraft.cfg?
Any chance of a screenshot of both the inside of your TFS A380 folder as well as the aircraft.cfg entry?
mdecastro View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdecastro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2017 at 9:07pm
1 - yes, removed the 747 assignments - both the -400 and -8. Had those planes reassigned to the A380.

2 - put the TFS folder F1 > UTL Aircraft >TFS_A380 Folder (i created this)

SS's below:

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2017 at 9:47pm
Looks good so far. In the aircraft.cfg, you have a fltsim.0 entry correct? Every aircraft.cfg has to start with 0 and follow in numeric sequence for it to work.
Other than that you have checked for the LH A380 at JFK? Does your airport file have parking large enough for the 380 (40m)?
mdecastro View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdecastro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2017 at 11:47pm
So this aircraft.cfg is copied from the UTL 380 file....as the one downloaded from TFS didn't come with one....i deleted all of the fltsim.#'s and replaced them with the LH ones. 

fltsim.1 is "dedalus" which is the first thing at the top of the file....but all the other ones are down below (where i edited the file). 

Im using FSDT KJFK - Singapore, Qanats, and Emirates all have A380s parked at that time...T1 at JFK (where LH parks) has space for both 747/A340s....of which I see there...but not the A380. 
mdecastro View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdecastro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2017 at 11:48pm
** fltsim.0 (not .1 as stated above) is dedalus...followed by my numbering for the LH variants. 
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2018 at 12:04am
Ah there we go, that won't work. Aircraft.cfg's are also fairly specific to the model. 

Use this one here, I've edited it so that it should work based on the info you've given from the screenshot. Drop both the aircraft.cfg and the TFS_A380.air file in to your TFS A380 folder. Double check the assignments in UTL and then fire up the sim.

Again keep in mind that to see the A380's you need to have airport files or scenery that have parking large enough, the default EDDF for instance has 7 spots but they are all cargo and the default EDDM has 4, again all Cargo.
mdecastro View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdecastro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2018 at 12:55am
I dont know what happened - but when when I go to select the model in the GUI - TFS is no longer an option..

This is the folder now:

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2018 at 1:33am
First select the manufacturer, in this case from the aircraft.cfg it's manufacturer=The Fruit Stand and second the Type, again from the aicraft.cfg is ui_type=A380-800.

One thing that you need to change in the aircraft.cfg though as I see an error now that I didn't before is texture=wbtitles needs to say texture=webtitles. I saw it the first time but thought you had done it like that on purpose.

mdecastro View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdecastro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2018 at 4:39pm
Am using your CFG file + Air file...I edited the title for "webtitles" - but just the same, the Manufacturer "Fruit Stand" no longer appears as an option strangely. 
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2018 at 4:42pm
How about "The Fruit Stand"? It comes directly from the entry in the aircraft.cfg.
mdecastro View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdecastro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2018 at 4:48pm
I hear you - it was showing, I was editing it in the GUI...but now it "The Fruit Stand" doesnt show at all...like the GUI isnt picking it up. 
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2018 at 9:57pm
Ok, my apologies. Some sort of issue using that default aircraft.cfg. 

Try this one, using the newer air file as well.

mdecastro View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdecastro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2018 at 6:27pm
Sry for the delay - long day at work.

Thanks for updating those files - although I find it hard to understand that those files arent included with the downloads...I cant be messaging you for custom CFGs and AIR files for every plane. 

That said, I uploaded everything - the GUI picked up TFS, but upon assignment, the planes were not there. I again replaced the 747s with the A380 but nothing showed up.

To triple confirm, I also switch the Emirates A380 with the LH assignment so I knew there wold be no problem with gate size....but still, she didnt show. 

When the powerpack is released - will that solve this issue? Or will it still require me to manually do everything? Im new to UT so curious.

Thanks!
Max 
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2018 at 7:09pm
What you downloaded wasn't the orginal TFS A380, but a sanctioned converted one for P3d so it was assuming that you already had a working aircraft.cfg and airfile.

It's really difficult to say, just because the A380 isn't showing up can mean a ton of things. One of the most obvious things that I can think of is that the 380 is the biggest machine out there for all intensive purposes, you need to have adequate parking which isn't included in most default or even addon airports. For all we know, UTL may be trying to inject the 380 but your sim has no place to put it. That all comes down to the airport ADE/AFD file.

Just as a test.. easy to do and super easy to revert back if it's successful. Open your TFS A380 aircraft file and find the wing_span= entry and edit the number to 150.00 then save it. Fire up the sim and go to EDDF or EDDM. 
mdecastro View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdecastro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2018 at 8:53pm
and look who we have here...there were 2 at EDDF....nice call on the wing-size!!

But does that mean it will be fussy because I changed the size or can I leave it like that? It wasnt showing at all, payware or native prior??

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2018 at 10:43pm
I suggested it only as a test to show you that you had correctly added a new model to the sim as well as integrated it into your UTL. You need to use a different ADE or airport scenery for them to show up where they should.
  The problem with adjusting the wing_span is that now you will find that the A380 will park in spots meant for B767's and smaller and because of this you will often see large wing overlaps with other AI. 
mdecastro View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdecastro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2018 at 9:46pm
Cool - thanks v much. 
Terrykb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terrykb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2018 at 4:54pm
Any chance UTL will be able to show some cargo traffic in future?   KMEM without a single FedEx plane looks unreal.
Can you invent some schedules so the cargo hub airports for FedEx and UBS show traffic.
In FSX  MyTraffic shows this well.
Thanks
Ken
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2018 at 6:52pm
There's actually lots of cargo traffic in UTL. Check the registered users forum for FedEx and UPS etc. MyTraffic uses very fictional flight plans and also looks horrible.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic