Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic Live > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Edit .airfile

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unc1rlm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Edit .airfile
    Posted: February-04-2018 at 9:37am
I got a Faib 737-800W with United textures The textures..United, Dome,Guam United SSW, United SSW Captain Green and United SSW Dome and textures United SA, SSW SA but I believe on this plane..i can only assign the 737-800w NG but in the notes of aircraft it says this:

This is an AI aircraft and will NOT BE VISIBLE in the aircraft selection window in flight simulator. However if you want it to be visible in the aircraft selection window, you have to edit the "FAIB_7372.air" file with the program "AirEd" (available (if not corrupt) at AVSIM "aired.zip"), change "Aircraft Type" from "2" to "0".

I know it says FAIB_7372.air but this is definitely in the 737-800W not 200...so I suspect he just copied and pasted instructions in this model to explain what to do.

Any help appreciated,
Bob M.
Have the Ultimate Live Day above Ground!!!
freelancer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freelancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2018 at 10:36am
You will run in to that every once in a while, don't worry about it. At the top of the readme you will also see "Readme based on TFS's readme file.".

DO NOT open and change the air file. There is no reason to make it visible in the aircraft selection screen of your sim. If you want to view your AI model to see if the paint shows correctly, you can install AI Aircraft Editor.

You do know that you will need 2 aircraft models for those United paints? You will need the FAIB 737-800 winglet and the FAIB 737-800 Split Scimitar models.
Mark
P3D v4.1
unc1rlm View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unc1rlm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2018 at 4:51pm
Hi Mark,
In the FAIB folder 737-800W...I have the model_scimitars and also the same _SN; winglets and winglets_SN but when I click on the aircraft in the config

United for the 737-800W...my only option is the NG....no Dome, Captn Green etc to install.. I have gone thru every selection looking it. At best United 737-800 and 737-800W NG..no others?

That's why I was wondering about this.

Thanks Mark,
Bob M.
Dave_YVRATC View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2018 at 6:13pm
There's no need to ever edit the airfile, it has no impact on your aircraft not showing up in the sim at all. It's almost guaranteed that you aren't adding the aircraft correctly.
unc1rlm View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unc1rlm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2018 at 6:43pm
ok will revisit it..Thanks,
Bob M.
freelancer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freelancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2018 at 7:44pm
You need to make a couple of changes to the fltsim entries for all 6 textures to show up in the drop down list in UTL. Looking at the original entries that came with the textures, you have only one selection showing in UTL.

One thing that will help you see what I'm talking about is to open the aircraft.cfg from one of the aircraft that came with UTL. Go to your main UTL\utLive Aircraft folder and open the aircraft.cfg located in the 73H folder. Scroll down until you see [fltsim.1]. Look at the following 3 lines in all the fltsim entries.

ui_manufacturer=Ultimate Traffic Live
ui_type=Boeing 737-800 (winglets) pax
ui_variation=Jet Airways India

The ui_manufacturer= will be the same for every aircraft that came with UTL. You need to have something different here so you can easily determine which ones are the AI you are installing. You could use Boeing for all Boeing aircraft or Airbus for all Airbus aircraft. The choice is yours, just stick with it. I personally use the person or group who created the model like FAIB. Every model that FAIB made I will have ui_manufacturer=FAIB. It doesn't matter if it's a Boeing or an Airbus (that will be defined in the ui_type= line).

The ui_type= will be the same for every paint in this folder (73H). You need to do the same. This will be a little different in your case with the FAIB 737-800 winglet since there is also a scimitar model included. I took the scimitar models out and created a separate aircraft folder for them. The choice is yours. If you decide to leave them in there, then you will need to pay attention to which model is being used in the fltsim entry for each paint. Use B737-800w or 738w for all the paints that use the winglet model. Use B737-800wss or 738wss for all the paints that use the scimitar model. Use what ever you want, but stick with it.

The ui_variation= will be different (they need to be unique) for each paint in the folder (73H). You need to do the same. If you only have one paint for the airline, you can make it simple and use the airline name (like United). If you have more than one paint you will need something to distinguish between them. Use something like United Captn Green or United dome. I use the reg number. If it's a special paint (Star Alliance or Skyteam) I'll add that. Again, the choice is yours, just stick with it.

Doing what I mentioned above will make it easy to find the paints in the drop down list.

Using the United 737-800w paints you installed you have 3 paints using the winglet model and 3 using the scimitar model. You need to make the change in the ui_type= line to show this. All the paints have the same ui_variation=. You need to make the changes to distinguish between them.

One important thing to remember. If you run across an entry that has a ' or " or . (like 'Capt. Marlon Green' - make it Capt Marlon Green) in the title= line, delete them. UTL doesn't like them.

It's a challenge in the beginning, but once you do a few, it does get easier.

Hope this makes sense and helps.
Mark
P3D v4.1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic