Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic Live > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ocean Crossing Traffic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ocean Crossing Traffic
    Posted: February-05-2018 at 6:11am
I have to say I'm very happy with UT Live. it is the best traffic add-on I've seen in years. I have a question though which I hope someone could answer for me. When crossing large expanses of water for example the Atlantic, I can't see any traffic on the ND. Even at the widest range. I have set traffic to the highest setting and still can't see any on TCAS. UT Live flight map shows many aircraft crossing the Atlantic but they are not showing up in FSX.
michal724 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote michal724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2018 at 8:07pm
I have the same problem! It would be to good to know why...
Dave_YVRATC View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2018 at 8:14pm
How much traffic are you expecting to see out there?  Try the traffic explorer from the FSX\P3d SDk. It will show you what is within your traffic bubble.
ScottecLEMD View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2018 at 2:25am
The North Atlantic is a huge expanse of water. Although you see many aircraft on thevUTLve map, how far n have you zoomed the map? Aircraft will only be visible on TCAS to around 50 NM from the user aircraft and only visible with the naked eye at 10nm. These arevsim limitations.

In real life, aircraft crossing the Atlantic use a system of organised tracks, which change on a daily basis. Aircraft are separated by time and altitude on the same track. Having crossed the Atlantic numerous times I can probably count on one hand the number of other aircraft I have seen.
michal724 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote michal724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2018 at 4:02am
The problem is, that it is not corerrespondet with what i see on ut live traffic map and in reality. They write, ai uses sid and stars and i dont think so. I see many of traffic on the route in ut live map and when i watch aircraft in vicinity, not the same. I have turned down limits in option. I dont know if i do something wrong or this is ok. Thank you for answear very much.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2018 at 5:13am
In reality it will never full correspond because the North Atlantic tracks change on a daily basis to make best use of the upper winds. Even flights around Europe might not take the same route every day - it´s all weather dependent.

In saying that, I could pretty much guarantee that a flight from EGPF-EGLL will use the same route, but maybe a different altitude.

UTL will try to use SIDS/STARS where possible. But again, this is an issue. SIDS can be runway dependent and might differ in initial departure route but the end point of the SID is normally consistent.

STARS are very similar but, in the sim, the ATC engine takes over from around 80-100NM from the airport and vectors the aircraft to final approach so even it you make your own flight plan, that STAR section will most likely be ignored. Also, trying to make your own plan with a SID can be just as difficult per the runway in use.

Attached are screen shots from the UTL Map and Flight Radar - that truly shows the difference between simulated and real.

Also worth noting, the UTLive Map is what you should expect to see in the sim as it reads the internal flight schedule and populates the map. Once you are in the sim then other factors can influence what you see e.g. weather etc.

Hope this helps

Ken

michal724 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote michal724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2018 at 6:11am
Thank you very much for answear. I have 2.question. I see ut live map - there is saudia air in vicinity - i dont see it. I am on the ground at hegn: in my status board there is : departure xxx at 21:00, but in map of ut live - when i switch to board there is nothing or there are 7 departures written and in my status board - in p3dv4 only 1 and totally another. Do you know, where problem can be?
Querer View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Querer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2018 at 10:59am
Originally posted by ScottecLEMD ScottecLEMD wrote:

UTL will try to use SIDS/STARS where possible. But again, this is an issue. SIDS can be runway dependent and might differ in initial departure route but the end point of the SID is normally consistent. STARS are very similar but, in the sim, the ATC engine takes over from around 80-100NM from the airport and vectors the aircraft to final approach

Just to make this clear (as I always wondered myself): this basically means that UTLive planes never follow a STAR, as the default ATC always interferes. Or does it mean that the UTLive planes ignore the ATC instructions in the sim?
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2018 at 11:21am
Right the first time, but depending just how far out a STAR begins. UTL aircraft will not ignore ATC.

e.g. attached screen shot shows the LANAK arrival into EGPF which starts at RIBEL or APPLE. The aircraft could follow the STAR as far as ASLIB, maybe even ENIPI at the limit but then the internal ATC engine takes over to route the aircraft for final approach, and usually in a roundabout way.

There was a programme, AI Controller, which did manage to achieve correct SID and STAR assignments but it slewed the aircraft, making the flying characteristics a little odd.

People are always wanting eye candy in the sim, rain effect on the windows etc. I´d much prefer a proper updated ATC system.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic