Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic Live > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Search Function

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpecher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Search Function
    Posted: February-11-2018 at 5:30am
Could it be that the search function of the forum is broken? Even if I search for texts that I know to exist (Airport codes in the UT classic unassigned airports guide) I get a "not found" reply. In fact I never had a search return anything, ever. 
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2018 at 8:54am
I've just tried it, and the Search function is working normally.
Maybe you are unwittingly searching in the wrong sub-forum. Try using Advanced Search, which gives more options.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
dpecher View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpecher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2018 at 5:48am
I did some testing and I suspect that the normal search function does use the default settings of the advanced search function. The interesting bit is, that depending on which Subforum you visited, the defaults for the advanced search vary. Sometimes it uses all subforums, but more often than not it uses the last subforum you visited as the only place to look for what you search.

Switching to advanced does indeed give the expected results. THanks for the hint. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic