Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > Screenshot Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UT Classic Repaints Yak-40 Edition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpecher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UT Classic Repaints Yak-40 Edition
    Posted: March-09-2018 at 2:16am
Long day of painting yesterday, but before we come to the pictures, here's some annotations about models and assignments: 

Since, amazingly, Yak-40s are still around, some of these infos might be interesting for UT2 and UTL users as well. 

There are four models available :
  • Makc-Sim the best looking and newest one around, but it doesn't have a paint kit. It needed that one for the Motor-Sich assignment.
  • Simlandmarks aka Vala This one also has a Paint Kit, although it takes some correcting if you want to paint the tail anything but white. I learned that the hard way when doing the Dniproavia repaint. 
  • Samdim Three of the four repaints I did exist for this model, but I would strongly advise against it. It's fairly dated, its FDE is wonky and it hogs FPS like there's no tomorrow. Oh, and no paint kit either
  • There's also the PAI model, but you need to know your way around webarchive.org to unearth it, and it's looking its age too. That's why no more than a passing mention for that one
Not painted

• Armavia/Air Armenia: Armenia is a complete and utter mess in the original schedule. Neither airline operated Yak-40's at the time and on top of that Air Armenia didn't even fly pax. These flights were all Armavia flights with Yak-42s. Since the data files of UT Classic aren't encrypted, I could easily correct those mix-ups with a hex editor.
  • Arkhangelsk Airlines: Never operated Yak-40s and neither did 2nd Arkhangelsk OAO. Only assigned to one route (Talagi-Kotlas) and the flight duration makes it obvious that an AN-24 was used. 
  • Domodedovo Airlines: Never used Yak-40s, only Yak-42s and the flight time suggests that this is again a mix-up between the two Yak's 
That left four repaints to be done and if you've not nodded off yet, here they are: 

1. Air Kazakstan

This was an easy one. It almost took longer to do the Alpha channel, which is used for proper display of the registration numbers on the wings

2. Aviaexpresscruise

This one nearly gave me rabies. That company used to buy planes off Aeroflot and Aeroflot-Don, left their basic livery only slapping the world's most unimaginative logo and their on name on it. But they used the weirdest font this side of Comic Sans. Their planes really looked like that ...

Azerbaijan Hava Yollari (Azal)

This company has had the most beautiful livery of all the CIS airlines. Unfortunately only since their livery change in 2004, and this is a 2003 schedule. So I had to produce this eye-sore...

Dniproavia

Last but not least, the ukrainians. Had to do this one, because only a Samdim repaint was available. This particular bird was notable because it's type designator near the cockpit reads Jak-40, not Yak-40, which means that was probably one of those produced for service with General Air or Air Tirrena. 

That concludes the Yak-40 section. Next in line - their bigger brother...

Cheers, 
Dan "Airbrake" Pecher 

hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2018 at 5:04am
Well done. keep 'em coming.Thumbs Up
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2018 at 7:49pm
Nice work on these Dan.  Thanks for sharing them with the community.
Keep the Blue Side UP!

Jeff Smith --x-O-x--
Flight One Software
Sales Support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic