Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic Live > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will I see a FPS Boost with UTL?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ols500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will I see a FPS Boost with UTL?
    Posted: April-08-2018 at 11:57am
Hello I'm looking into UTL, and from the videos i have seen it looks amazing. You guys have thought of everything! However, I do have some concerns, at the minute I use WOAI and I get 8-10fps at Heathrow, I was wondering if i would see maybe 12-20fps this this program, as when I turn of traffic my fps goes to 12-20. Plus, I wondered if the textures for the AI are HD as I don't want to look at blurry textures than go fuzzy the closer you get. Finally, I wondered if you can add your own flight plans (as I know Cargo airlines are not supported yet).

Summary
=======================
-HD textures Yes/No
-FPS mini boot Yes/no
-Add your own flight plans Yes/No
=======================

Specs:
Windows 8.1
FSX-Boxed Deluxe edition
8GB RAM
Intel Core i3
Cpu @2.10hz

-Many thanks Ollie. Smile
-Looking forward to replies (hopefully positive ones!)
I love fat Labradors, flying and memes.
Yuyo1977 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yuyo1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2018 at 12:34pm
My experience with UTL and frames is unbelievable! It is really an amazing piece of software ... planes behave amazing, so soft. However, its all about the processor, and your´s seems like not the head of it.
i7 6700K overclocked, 32 RAM, ZOTAC Nvidia 1080 Founders Edition 11G, LG 34 curved.
Dave_YVRATC View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2018 at 12:40pm
HD textures no, but you can add them if you'd like. There are thousands of addon repaints you can add yourself to customize your UTL. HD textures might not help your PC from showing them as blurry as you get closer though as that is more of an issue with your videocard than anything.

FPS boost? Are you using the FSX models from WoAI now? UTL does use newer models, so how they affect your system performance is really more dependant on your system itself.

MANY Cargo airlines ARE included in UTL, just not some of the bigger ones like FedEx, UPS, and some of the DHL operators. But there are packages available for free made by one of the users within the support forums that add many of the larger missing Cargo carriers.

ols500 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ols500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2018 at 2:06pm
"FPS boost? Are you using the FSX models from WoAI now? UTL does use newer models, so how they affect your system performance is really more dependent on your system itself"

Ok thank you for the replies, but do you mean because the UTL models are newer it is more smooth in fps or do you mean it is more realistic dropping fps?
Dave_YVRATC View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2018 at 2:24pm
Newer generally meaning more optimized. You might already be using some of them though depending on if you are using WoAI FSX models or not. More realistic looking models also doesn't necessarily mean less fps. 
ols500 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ols500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2018 at 2:45pm
Thank you, from your replies I am going to try out Ultimate Traffic live and see how things go.

-Wish me luck! OllieSmile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic