Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic Live > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GA AI "Push back"??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racklefratz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GA AI "Push back"??
    Posted: January-26-2019 at 10:32am
Hello - new UTL user here, with a question about UTL.

I use P3D4, and I'm seeing lots of UTL AI traffic at airports where I fly.  Happy, happy.

BUT, I'm seeing parked GA AI planes which first move BACKWARDS from parking, before taxiing forward.  It's a buzz-kill, since, as a licensed pilot/previous aircraft owner, I know that doesn't happen IRL.

My question is, do I have something incorrectly installed - is there a UTL setting available to correct this behavior - or is it just "the nature of the beast"?

I tried searching "push back" and got nothing.  Any ideas?  Confused
Dave_YVRATC View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2019 at 11:44am
UTL just injects the traffic into the sim, what the traffic does from there is all from the AI engine of FSX/P3d.
Racklefratz View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racklefratz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2019 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Dave_YVRATC Dave_YVRATC wrote:

UTL just injects the traffic into the sim, what the traffic does from there is all from the AI engine of FSX/P3d.

Something's not right.  I never saw that happening with P3D native AI, prior to installing UTL.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2019 at 11:55am
Again, it's all part of the ai engine of the sim.
Racklefratz View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racklefratz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2019 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Dave_YVRATC Dave_YVRATC wrote:

Again, it's all part of the ai engine of the sim.

Well, the unanswered question remains - if native P3D AI airplanes didn't exhibit this nonsense, why does P3D cause UTL AI planes to do it?  It really is unacceptable.

Looks like resolution will be to uninstall UTL and chalk it up to experience.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2019 at 3:39pm
That's up to you but it has got nothing to do with UTL. Every AI traffic package including freeware does this.
The only way to fix it is to create your own airport files with a specialized taxi through parking.
And I thought having 6 aircraft all on short final was bad! GA aircraft backing up 10 feet before taxiing, "the horor!". Lol

Edit:  just home and checked the default AI and as I already knew but wanted to make sure. The Default AI GA aircraft ALL pushback from their parking spots just like they have always done since AI was first added to MSFS in FS2002.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic