Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic Live > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flybe dash8 cannot land at EGLC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maplehurst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flybe dash8 cannot land at EGLC
    Posted: March-12-2019 at 10:10am
Flybe Dash8 cannot land at EGLC and arrives too high and then carries out a go-round at about 50ft at end of runway. At first I thought there was problem with EGLC having 5.5 degree glideslope. However a BA a318 and all Embrarer aircraft land perfectly happily.
I have now checked that all UTLive Dash8 aircraft have the same problem at EGLC.

I have also tried other Dash8 models and for some reason they either have the same problem or land and the run off the end of the runway.

Try it yourselves and would appreciate feedback.

Michael

WBarry View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2019 at 10:24am
default scenery?
ScottecLEMD View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2019 at 1:57pm
I've had similar issues with the DH8D at EGPF when 05 is in use. It might be a combination of model and approach path to the airport.
maplehurst View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maplehurst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2019 at 11:54am
not default
UK2000 London City Extreme
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maplehurst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2019 at 12:04pm
I have had to change the assigned a/c to the ATR of Flybe which lands perfectly.
I had to change the Luxair Dash 8 to a non-UT a/c - Luxair ERJ which lands perfectly.
All other assigned a/c to land at EGLC also land perfectly.
Based on my limited experience, if there was a problem with the scenery then other a/c would have had landing problems. The fact that both Flybe and Luxair using the same model have problems but other a/c do not does rather point it being the model and your experience at EGPF does rather confirm this.

Really appreciate your feeedback

Michael

Dave_YVRATC View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2019 at 12:58pm
It's not a model issue but from the fde. You could even port the ATR fde into the Dash with just changing the contact points and lights but then your Dash wouldn't be as fast as it should be.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maplehurst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2019 at 11:07am
please accept my apology but fde is new concept to me.

My interpretation is that if I use the Flybe ATR .air file and incorparate it into the UT Dash 8 folder then that is what your are suggesting.
I will await your answer before attempting the transfer.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Michael

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2019 at 7:29pm
The description on how to do it is pretty lengthy, so try this instead. Make a backup of your UTL Q400's aircraft.cfg and use this one in it's place.

Also copy the UTL ATR72 air file AT7.air also into your Q400 folder. 

Try it out and see how it works. I haven't tested it in any way, but it's a simple FDE port that generally works just fine.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maplehurst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2019 at 6:27am
FYI: this is the error msg when trying to access the https file

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to onedrive.live.com. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s). Error code: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP

thanks for the support and advice

Michael

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2019 at 9:47am
Interesting, maybe try a different browser, I have tried the link using the different devices and they all worked fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic