Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic Live Version 1 > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prepare3d v5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2020 at 11:56am
Yes, 1.2.0.0 works great. It is the latest version. 
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK,Blk Ed MB;Intel I7-4790K CPU;16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win10 Pro; 2 - Samsung 1Tb SSDs; Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti Extreme 11Gb VRAM.
naseralariar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naseralariar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2020 at 6:51pm
hello i follow all instructions and no one of them has work  i dont know why 

i have prd3d v5 and i install utlive i dont have pr3d v4 i make add ons and i put the path and i check it 10 times then i edit cfg file on program data and object cfg file and istnt work 

the similator and utlive in the same driver 

can any one help me :) 

ChuckOman View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckOman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2020 at 12:28pm
Since I had UTLive 1.2.0 working fine in P3D4.5, smply copying myentire utlive folder from Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons over to Documents\Prepar3D5 Add-ons and starting P3D5 worked fine for me too.  Don't know what would happen if I tried to change dashboard settings, but I never modify them anyway.

flypaul View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flypaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2020 at 11:31am
Guide for Fresh install of UTL on PC with P3D V5 

MY UTL installation PathC:\Program Files\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic Live 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

File: add-ons.cfg 

Path C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 

Append  following lines: 

[Package.X] 

PATH=C:\Users\Paperspace\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Ultimate Traffic Live 

ACTIVE=true 

REQUIRED=false 

X = last package number in file add-ons.cfg +1 (for me = [Package.3]) 

Paperspace = your user home directory 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Create new directory “Ultimate Traffic Live“ in: 

C:\Users\Paperspace\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\ 

Create a new file: add-on.xml in:

C:\Users\Paperspace\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Ultimate Traffic Live 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Edit the file C:\Users\Paperspace\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Ultimate Traffic Live\ add-on.xml 

Inserting the following lines: 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?> 

<SimBase.Document id="add-onversion="4,0" Type="AddOnXML" > 

<AddOn.Name>Ultimate Traffic Live</AddOn.Name> 

<AddOn.Description>Real, scheduled, commercial ai aircraft traffic, for support please visit www.flight1.com</AddOn.Description> 

<AddOn.Component> 

<Category>EXE</Category> 

<Path>C:\Program Files\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic Live\utl_client.exe</Path> 

</AddOn.Component> 

<AddOn.Component> 

<Category>SimObjects</Category> 

<Path>C:\Program Files\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic Live\utLive Aircraft</Path> 

</AddOn.Component> 

</SimBase.Document> 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Set new path in Ultimate Traffic Live configuration tool- UTLive.exe – Configuration - Install – thist change nedd to be done every time you use the tools 

Change (after every time you use UTLive.exe  ui_settings.xml) in C:\Program Files\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic Live 

adl320 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adl320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2020 at 8:24pm
Thanks for posting these steps to get UTLive to work in P3D v5. I've followed these steps but when I try to open UTLive to edit the configuration section, I get "utLive encountered an error during startup that will not allow it to run. Please contact flight one Software support"

Any idea what might be causing that? All I did was install version 1.2.0.0 and then edit as you've pointed out.
Aaron
flypaul View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flypaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2020 at 11:56am
Try opening the *xml  configuration files in a browser or in xml editor to check the XLM sintax

Try to start the client manually:

C:\Program Files\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic Live\utl_client.exe

Is the licence active?

natoseigh View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natoseigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2020 at 2:51am
hello Paul,if am not doing a fresh install since i still have my v4.5 and v5 on the same pc and do fly both from time to time,which side of your instructions does apply for someone like me who want to use UTL in v5?
Dave_YVRATC View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2020 at 11:42am
Originally posted by natoseigh natoseigh wrote:

hello Paul,if am not doing a fresh install since i still have my v4.5 and v5 on the same pc and do fly both from time to time,which side of your instructions does apply for someone like me who want to use UTL in v5?

The simplest way is to add the UTL aircraft to your V5 simobjects.cfg located in your
C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5, just copy it from your V4 simobjects.cfg. Then once your sim is loading up, launch utl_client.exe manually. Even easier when you create a shortcut for utl_client.exe on your desktop. 
pcpilot 1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcpilot 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2020 at 4:55pm
I haven't seen a time line on UTL for P3Dv5. Anyone talking about it.
ScottecLEMD View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2020 at 3:19am
Everyone Wink
Ken Brattey
mafeist View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mafeist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2020 at 11:34am
Hi Dave,
I`m not sure if I understand your easy text ... can you help me, please

If you already have UTL installed, you could (until an official installer becomes available) just add the simobjects entry for the UTL aircraft to your V5 simobjects.cfg located in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 and then just manually start utl_client.exe when you start your sim if you don't want to do any editing of your exe.xml. Pretty simple really.

which ... "simobjects entry for the UTL aircraft" ... you mean (is it a file or just an entry in a file ...) and where is it and what is the name of the file

what shell I have to do with that file / entry

I found the file "simobjects.cfg"of my v5 installation. What shell I do with it

... and I now tht the problem is in front of the keybaord - sorry for that :-)

thanks in advance
kind regards
Martin
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2020 at 4:07pm
In the simobjects.cfg for V5 located in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 add the following entry at the bottom, ensuring that you adjust the [Entry.10] to follow the rest in sequence from above. Also be sure to change the Path= to where your UTL aircraft folder resides.

[Entry.10]
Title=utLive Aircraft
Path=F:\FLIGHT ONE SOFTWARE\ULTIMATE TRAFFIC LIVE\utLive Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True

Save it and load up P3d. Once you have p3d running just start utl_client.exe and it will do the rest.

FlyerX View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyerX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2020 at 4:18pm
Dear Flightsimmers, 

any news from the developers? We are over a half year in V5 now. Are there any news on a release for a new installer. I tried those workarounds pretty often, but when i start the sim, i receive a message that the planes 388 are already installed. So i dont see any 380 models in the Sim. And this workaround does not work properly. Any post in regards to an update would be appreciated. Global Traffic is shortly before release. Hopefully this creates a little competition. 
Thanks

Happy Landing
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2020 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by FlyerX FlyerX wrote:

I tried those workarounds pretty often, but when i start the sim, i receive a message that the planes 388 are already installed. So i dont see any 380 models in the Sim. And this workaround does not work properly. Any post in regards to an update would be appreciated. Global Traffic is shortly before release. Hopefully this creates a little competition. 

Not the answer that you are looking for but the work around for V5 works just fine, if you are getting a message indicating duplicate aircraft then you have somehow added 2 sets of A380 aircraft or have duplicate entries maybe one from the addon.xml or your simobjects.cfg. As for Traffic Global, I've got it as well and it's not even close to being competition.
FlyerX View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyerX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2020 at 11:59am
But, if the workaround is so simple, why does flight1 not simply provide a new installer. Seems like a little copy and paste stuff. Do you really want to leave your customers with copying and editing their files. This is not userfriendly. Or is there anything else, why we dont see an update yet. If, then please enlighten us. I simply would like to know, why everybody manipulates his config files, versus getting a new installer. I pretty much believe the most people are friends of one click installer. If there is a good reason for this then i m absolutely fine with the current workaround. Have a good day flighers
Happy Landing
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2020 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by FlyerX FlyerX wrote:

But, if the workaround is so simple, why does flight1 not simply provide a new installer. Seems like a little copy and paste stuff.

That I really can't tell you, and there really is no good reason for it but seeing that the fix is so simple, why wait?
Sonny147 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonny147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2020 at 1:49pm
hello all. so this is my plan as iam tired of trying to get global traffic to work
1, re install v4
2 install utlive into v4
3 transfer whatever needs to be into v5 which i have already installed 
4 once done and running ok uninstall v4 

does that sound like a sky or iam i just dumb / lol
pdh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic