Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic Live > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prepare3d v5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APbjoern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prepare3d v5
    Posted: April-21-2020 at 3:19am
Hey,

when are you roughly planning to launch installers for v5? Or is there any walk arount? Thank you Bjoern
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2020 at 7:24am
Hi,

UTL2 will be compatible with P3Dv5.  There is no release date established.
Best,
Jim

Dave_YVRATC View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2020 at 1:10pm
If you already have UTL installed, you could (until an official installer becomes available) just add the simobjects entry for the UTL aircraft to your V5 simobjects.cfg located in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 and then just manually start utl_client.exe when you start your sim if you don't want to do any editing of your exe.xml. Pretty simple really.

APbjoern View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APbjoern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2020 at 5:19pm
thank you, very helpful, it works now.....
APbjoern View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APbjoern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2020 at 5:21pm
Dave, one last question, the UTLife sofware is loosing the cfg. path of P3Dv5 after restart even if I saved it. It also detecting only 1800 aircrafts but I got FLAi installed. 
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2020 at 5:44pm
Is FLAi added to p3d v4 via an xml entry or through the simobjects.cfg? Which ever way it's added will need to be duplicated in v5.
APbjoern View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APbjoern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2020 at 6:25pm
I added it to the simobjects.cfg

Where can I check about the xml? tnx
AceFAB View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AceFAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2020 at 8:29am
Originally posted by Dave_YVRATC Dave_YVRATC wrote:

If you already have UTL installed, you could (until an official installer becomes available) just add the simobjects entry for the UTL aircraft to your V5 simobjects.cfg located in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 and then just manually start utl_client.exe when you start your sim if you don't want to do any editing of your exe.xml. Pretty simple really.

I am not that versed in editing the config files. Can you be more specific with an example please?

Cheers
AceFAB
pgde View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2020 at 11:08am
Originally posted by APbjoern APbjoern wrote:

I added it to the simobjects.cfg

Where can I check about the xml? tnx

Should be in <drive P3D is installed on>\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK,Blk Ed MB;Intel I7-4790K CPU;16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win7 Pro; 2 - Samsung 1Tb SSDs; Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti Extreme 11Gb VRAM.
pgde View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2020 at 11:11am
Originally posted by AceFAB AceFAB wrote:

[
I am not that versed in editing the config files. Can you be more specific with an example please?

Cheers
AceFAB

[Entry.XX]
PATH=E:\FLIGHT ONE SOFTWARE\ULTIMATE TRAFFIC LIVE\utLive Aircraft
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true

Change the path to where 'utlive aircraft' is installed to. Change the XX to the last sequential number.
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK,Blk Ed MB;Intel I7-4790K CPU;16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win7 Pro; 2 - Samsung 1Tb SSDs; Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti Extreme 11Gb VRAM.
AirVette View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirVette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2020 at 11:22am
Any ideas when it'll be ready?  This is the main reason I haven't bought V5 yet.  My favorite P3D add-on is UTL.
SierraHotel View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SierraHotel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2020 at 6:15am
Originally posted by AirVette AirVette wrote:

Any ideas when it'll be ready?  This is the main reason I haven't bought V5 yet.  My favorite P3D add-on is UTL.

If you install v5 beside v4 UT Live works just fine, just copy the contents of your Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder to the new Prepar3D v5 Add-ons folder and you are good to go, no editing it just starts automatically (well it did for me)
AirVette View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirVette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2020 at 8:57am
Originally posted by SierraHotel SierraHotel wrote:

Originally posted by AirVette AirVette wrote:

If you install v5 beside v4 UT Live works just fine, just copy the contents of your Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder to the new Prepar3D v5 Add-ons folder and you are good to go, no editing it just starts automatically (well it did for me)
Thank you, if I do this do you think it will mess up the new installer coming out for V5?
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2020 at 12:25pm
No. When it becomes officially ready for v5, just remove the entry that you added manually.
ToniH View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToniH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2020 at 9:26am
Originally posted by pgde pgde wrote:

Originally posted by AceFAB AceFAB wrote:

[

Cheers
AceFAB

[Entry.XX]
PATH=E:\FLIGHT ONE SOFTWARE\ULTIMATE TRAFFIC LIVE\utLive Aircraft
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true

Change the path to where 'utlive aircraft' is installed to. Change the XX to the last sequential number.
Also you need to copy "utlive" folder from c:\Users\"Username"\Files\ Prepar3d v4 Add-ons to Prepar3d v5 Add-ons folder.
Michael Simmonite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael Simmonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2020 at 11:08am
Hello All

Not sure if this possible, but does anyone have a .xml file they could send me? Dropped a bit of a bollock when I installed P3D v5 and deleted everything to do with v4, so I have nothing to port over to the new P3D.

I was more concerned with freeing up space for the new install to think about the myriad of add-ons that I have.

Thanks in advance if it possible
pgde View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2020 at 11:23am
Change the paths as necessary:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>Ultimate Traffic Live</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>Real, scheduled, commercial ai aircraft traffic, for support please visit www.flight1.com</AddOn.Description>;
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>EXE</Category>
    <Path>E:\FLIGHT ONE SOFTWARE\ULTIMATE TRAFFIC LIVE\utl_client.exe</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>E:\FLIGHT ONE SOFTWARE\ULTIMATE TRAFFIC LIVE\utLive Aircraft</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>
f.skywalker View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f.skywalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2020 at 7:20am
Hallo,

Is it possible to write a small guide on how to install UTlive on a new P3DV5 system.
The repaints.xml and flight plans from the P3DV4 version that were created manually should also be used.

Frank from EDDM
Eytan_Ofir View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eytan_Ofir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2020 at 9:48pm
i have done it but its not working.
utlive starts of fine and even says its initializing aircraft
but none are showing,
simobjects.cfg is fine. addon.xml too..
tried reinstalling and rebuilding repaint.xml but nothing has fixed this
any ideas?
thanks
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2020 at 12:22am
The easiest way is to simply find one of your add-ons.cfg files and the easiest one to get to is located C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5. Open the add-ons.cfg  and goto the very last entry and copy it, in my case it was
 [Package.52]
PATH=E:\ORBX Library\p3dv5\KORS Orcas Island Airport
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

Next, paste it right below making sure to correctly renumber it next in sequence and then point it to the utLive folder in your documents folder similar to this.

[Package.53]
PATH=C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\utLive
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
jlpilot View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jlpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2020 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Dave_YVRATC Dave_YVRATC wrote:

The easiest way is to simply find one of your add-ons.cfg files and the easiest one to get to is located C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5. Open the add-ons.cfg  and goto the very last entry and copy it, in my case it was
 [Package.52]
PATH=E:\ORBX Library\p3dv5\KORS Orcas Island Airport
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

Next, paste it right below making sure to correctly renumber it next in sequence and then point it to the utLive folder in your documents folder similar to this.

[Package.53]
PATH=C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\utLive
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

This worked perfectly! Thanks a lot Thumbs Up
sarataos View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarataos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2020 at 2:56pm
I've gotten my "Ultimate Traffic Live" working for my installation of "P3Dv5". On Windows 10 I create a SEPARATE user for each iteration of an installed program such as user "P3Dv4.5" and user "P3Dv5". In order to get UTLive working under my newly created user "P3Dv5", I had to use Flight 1 Purchase Agent to reinstall UTLive in my new user "P3Dv5". Once that was done, I copied the "utLIve" Folder from user "P3dV4.5"/Documents/Prepar3D v4 Add-ons to user "P3Dv5" Documents/Prepar3D v5 Add-ons. 
After some setting experimenting, I got everything working to my liking except for a few error messages on P3Dv5 start up about duplicate aircraft entries which I clicked away and didn't seem to affect the function of UTLive.
Good Luck!
Capt. Sara
STA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic