Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic Live > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

P3d V5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwompus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P3d V5
    Posted: June-13-2020 at 1:26pm
Not judging - just can't get UTL to work in 5.  What other traffic programs do we like that are compatible?  Thanks.
pgde View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2020 at 11:15am
I think it is rather strange for a person to post a request for competitor's products here. What happens when you try to use UTL in v5? Many, many people use UTL in v5 and there are a number of posts as to how to do this.
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK,Blk Ed MB;Intel I7-4790K CPU;16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win10 Pro; 2 - Samsung 1Tb SSDs; Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti Extreme 11Gb VRAM.
kwompus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwompus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2020 at 11:28am
I think it's rather strange that there are no updates from the developer on where they are at w/ a product for V5.  That leads me to believe there are no plans.  In that case it feels proper to ask the question.
kwompus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwompus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2020 at 9:17pm
OK - noting pdge's comment I went back and relooked at and attempted an install in V5 and w/ success.  I rescind my question and am very happy to have UTL up and running.  Thank you to the forum for making it so I could understand and get it working.
f-bird View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f-bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2020 at 4:03am
So I only find tips on how to get it to work if you already have P3Dv4 with UTL running. But what do you have to do if you only have P3Dv5 installed. 
And now please don't say, wait until UTL 2 has appeared.

Greetings from Germany
Detlef
kwompus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwompus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2020 at 10:20am
I'm far from an expert but here goes:

If you have V4 and the space load it.
If P3d V4 isn't installed I believe UTL will tell you it cannot find V4 and won't install.
Addons install outside of the P3D folder (I think).
If you go to C:\Users\****\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons you will find addon's for V5.
Here's my guess - UTL is looking for a path of folders to install - you can try creating a 'Prepar3D v4 Add-ons' folder and UTL 'might' load.  
If that works you could copy/paste the folder 'utLive' folder into v5 Add-ons.

Again, this is just a guess.  Anyone w/ a better understanding of how it works could jump in.
f-bird View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f-bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2020 at 1:57pm
I no longer have v4 installed and I am not planning to do this.
Yes, UTLive is installed outside the Sim.
When trying to install UTLive in V5, there was no error message. 
However, there was also no entry in "C: \ Users \ Detlef \ Documents \ Prepar3D v5 Add-ons".

I don't think UTL falls for a fake "v4 add-ons", but I would like to give it a try and report here.

Greetings from Germany
Detlef
pgde View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2020 at 2:19pm
f-bird -- can't you follow the numerous posts about how to do this?
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK,Blk Ed MB;Intel I7-4790K CPU;16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win10 Pro; 2 - Samsung 1Tb SSDs; Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti Extreme 11Gb VRAM.
f-bird View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f-bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2020 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by pgde pgde wrote:

f-bird -- can't you follow the numerous posts about how to do this?

So far I have only found instructions with v4 installed.

A link might be helpful.
thank you

Greetings from Germany
Detlef
kwompus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwompus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2020 at 1:43pm
f-bird is correct - if you don't have V4 installed UTLive will not load.  If my trick didn't work would the developer or administrator have a suggestion for f-bird?
AirVette View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirVette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2020 at 8:56am
Hello, where is the forum post that tells you how to install it into V5?  I still have 4.5 installed.

Thanks.
Dave_YVRATC View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2020 at 12:33pm
Copy the utlive folder from C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\ into C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\

AirVette View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirVette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2020 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Dave_YVRATC Dave_YVRATC wrote:

Copy the utlive folder from C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\ into C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\

Thank you.  After I do this, when I run V5, will it automatically run like it does in V 4.5?

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2020 at 8:54pm
As long as you say yes when V5 asks you to enable it or not. Wink
AirVette View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirVette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2020 at 8:57pm

It never did that but it does work in both 4.5 and 5 now.
AirVette View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirVette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2020 at 9:26pm

Hi Dave, I have it running in V5, I can increase or decrease traffic but I’m not seeing any traffic.  I mean, it shows in Add-Ons but no traffic.  And when I run UTL, it says it’s for P3D v4 of course since it doesn’t see V5 so pleas tell me what I’m doing wrong.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2020 at 12:27pm
The addon.xml would tell your sim where the UTL aircraft live as well as launch the UTL_client program that makes it all work. If it's not working, then I suspect a possible permissions or security issue in that windows isn't allowing the program to run. You need to make sure that you configure your security software to allow/exclude UTL.
AirVette View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirVette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2020 at 1:03pm

The addon.xml would tell your sim where the UTL aircraft live as well as launch the UTL_client program that makes it all work. If it's not working, then I suspect a possible permissions or security issue in that windows isn't allowing the program to run. You need to make sure that you configure your security software to allow/exclude UTL.
Thanks, it's working, all I did was just copy over the folder and it auto runs.  I like it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic