Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic Live > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to make UTL compatible with FlyinsideFSX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucsho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to make UTL compatible with FlyinsideFSX
    Posted: September-10-2020 at 7:35pm
Hello, group,

This forum is all about sharing, right? After I was told that UTL is not compatible with FlyinsideFSX, I have discovered how to make it compatible (I don't take No for an answer...).

FlyinsideFSX is an addon to make FSX usable in VR. You fly like you were in the cockpit. The perspective is so great that once you try flying in VR, you don't want to use FSX on a monitor screen anymore. So, if you want to really fly (virtually), buy Flyinside FSX (it is worth every penny) and to make UTL work in VR, here is what you do:

When you open the UTL app, go the the Configuration tab and you will see the directory of FSX and the configuration (CFG) directory. 1) On File explorer, follow the path of the CFG directory - You need access to your AppData Directory (Warning: If you don't know how, maybe you should not play with it...). You cannot change the UTL .cfg file as UTL can only change the directory - BUT you can trick UTL to think it reads FSX! So, once you are File Explorer, in the FSX CFG directory (.../AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX/ ) locate the fsx.cfg file and rename it to fsx.cfg_old - just to keep a copy of it in case you want to re-rename it to its original name at a later date.

2) Locate the flyinside.cfg file (in the same directory) and rename it fsx.cfg

3) Reboot your computer.

That's it! UTL will think it reads FSX when in fact it now reads FlyinsideFSX. That way, UTL will show all AI aircrafts while you fly FSX in VR. Happy flying!!! It works for me.

ScottecLEMD View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2020 at 3:10am
A similar trick was done for UT2 to work with P3D.  Glad you figured it out!Smile
Ken Brattey
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic