Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brand new to Ultimate Traffic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69liz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brand new to Ultimate Traffic
    Posted: February-26-2006 at 9:39am

My son has received Ultimate Traffic for his birthday - he is an avid Flight Simulator fan.

Could someone explain to me how to use the add-on please. I have installed it and selected some airports and aircraft but beyond that have no idea what to do. He thinks he is going to play Flight Sim with all these extra planes & airpots and stuff but it isn't there.

Sorry to be so dense on this!! This is not really my area!

Any assistance much appreciated.

hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2006 at 11:44am
Welcome to the world of Ultimate Traffic. Your son is a very fortunate young man.

First, if you have not done so, ensure FS isn't running. Run UT and click on the 'Compile' button. On the first page, click on 'Clear All' then 'Select All'. You can also choose from the other options before clicking 'Continue'. Follow the procedure; it will take some time. When it is complete, Exit UT and run FS. Never have both running simultaneously.

What UT does is populate the airports with aircraft in correct airline liverywhich will automaticaly take off and land just as they do in real life. They do so in acoordance with real life timetables.

What UT will NOT do is add lots of aircraft to Microsoft FlightSim's 'Aircraft' list. UT's aircraft are AI only, which means they are not flyable. Your son will see all the extra aircraft parked, taxiing, taking off and landing, especially at big, busy commercial airports.

If your son wants to add extra flyable aircraft to his Simulator, there are lots of freeware ones available on websites such as AVSIM.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic