Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Double Jeopardy!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill2759 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Double Jeopardy!
    Posted: April-17-2006 at 12:46pm

Just when I thought I was on to all the idiosyncracys of this program, Up jumps the Devil.  Spring/Summer 2005, Airtran Flight 470, KMCO to KWBI.  Two flights same Flight Number, different times. Okay, I can live with that. I have assigned Airtans Boeing B717 to both aircraft in Airtrans roster, saved and recompiled, Several times just to make sure. But when I go to Sunday at 3:15 PM, to check the liveries. One of them Is the Airtran B717 and the other is the Default MD 80.

Help me, Obi Wan!

Bill 

freelancer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freelancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2006 at 8:35pm
I'm not Obi Wan, but I'll give it a shot.  There is an Abx Air Inc. B717 operated by Airtran which may be the problem.
Mark
P3D v4.4
bill2759 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill2759 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2006 at 3:45pm

Mark:  Thankyou. that was the one. However, I would like to know how you figured that one out? I searched the parking data file for Airtran (FL). the only thing that showed uo was a cross reference to Ryan International and Wisconsin airline. I had scanned the very lengthy flightplan file and found two aircraft making the flight from KMCO to KBWI AC#421 and 422. That was flight#0470. 421 was the airtran livery and and 422 was the default Md80, But I couldn't figure out how to find it. Even the ABX/Airtran combo doesn't show up in the parking data?

Thanx again,  Bill

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freelancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2006 at 9:16pm

I just used 'The Force'.  Seriously, I imported UT's Repaint List into Excel and searched the 'Operator Name' column for Airtran.

I usually try this route before going through the fp's (little less stress on my brain ).

Mark
P3D v4.4
bill2759 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill2759 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2006 at 8:50am

I guess I'll Have to update my software. The version of Microsoft office I have  with Excel only reads files with the eight character limitation. Maybe there's a free spread sheet application  on the web.  I',m assuming the repaint list is one of .dat files UT generates.

Bill 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freelancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2006 at 8:41pm
The repaint list is a text document located in your Flight Sim\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic\Data folder (RepaintList.txt).  To generate it, open UT and click on the Utilities button.  You will see the Repaint List button on the bottom right.  You can read it with Notepad or Wordpad but it's a lot easier in Excel.
Mark
P3D v4.4
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic