Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scaling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masonaries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scaling
    Posted: May-15-2006 at 2:48pm
I dowloaded POSKY's new 737-700 and it seems bigger than the AI Aardvarks 737-900.  I was wondering, are most AI aircraft in FS9 accurately scaled?  Has anyone seen any issues along these lines?

Bondo
John Goodwin View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2006 at 7:37pm
As far as i nkow Aardvark did a lot of work to try and correctly scale their models. I think the version 1 of their 747 did have issues but this has been resolved, ever thought the POSKY 737 is the wrong size??
masonaries View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masonaries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2006 at 11:16pm
John,

Thanks for the quick response.  That's what I was thinking, that the POSKY may be out of scale.  Any way to check this?

Bondo
Robin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2006 at 2:49am
A while ago AI Aardvark released a 'ruler' for FS9, which is loadable via the select aircraft menu (but unless I am very much mistaken, not very flyable). You could use this ruler to check the measurements of any aircraft, but it would mean you would need to set up the POSky 737 in AI traffic, or have someone else operate it via multiplayer. You would then 'slew' the ruler so it is aside the 737 and you could then measure it. Whether or not the ruler is in scale is another issue!! 
Visit my local airport - S33* 03.5333' E137* 30.8667' YWHA!!
freelancer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freelancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2006 at 8:16pm
Mark
P3D v4.4
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic