Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Amazon.co.uk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amazon.co.uk
    Posted: September-21-2006 at 1:56am

I was just looking through the www.amazon.co.uk site and noticed that they are offering quite a good discount on FSX if you are interested.

FSX Deluxe is going on sale at £49.99 reduced from £59.99

FSX is going on sale at £39.99 reduced from £49.99

They claim the release date for FSX is the 13th October by the way...

UPDATE

www.amazon.com have a similar offer.

FSX Deluxe is going on sale at $64.99 reduced from $69.99

FSX is going on sale at  $44.99 reduced from $49.99

They claim the release date is 6th of October Confused so your guess is as good as mine which date is correct or are MS doing it again releasing it in the US before anywhere else...

By the way the full price comparison is as follows between the USA price and the UK price is as follows.

FSX Deluxe USA price is $69.99 which is about £37.15, a big difference from £59.99  (61% more expensive in the UK)

FSX USA $44.99 price is which is about £23.88, a big difference from £49.99 (a whopping 103% more expensive in the UK)

FlyingFinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingFinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 3:27am
What is the actual difference between FSX "Standard" and FSX "Deluxe"?
Jesse, EFHK
Thank you for flying Finnair!
John Goodwin View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 3:43am
The deluxe has all the goodies like the ATC function where you can act as controller, and I think some extra aircraft....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingFinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 4:10am
Ok, but I still would've bought the Deluxe one just because of its name...LOL
Jesse, EFHK
seacat620755 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacat620755 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 11:09am

Would it be ok to buy the delux version from amazon.com even though I live in the UK?? Even with the postage charge should still be cheaper. If I recall correctly there's no different formats (pal, ntsc etc) on pc games is there?

EDIT: Just checked and found out amazon.com will only ship to the US for that item at the moment! If I could find another online store that would ship to the UK, do you think it'd be ok to run on a UK pc?

freson View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 3:32pm

At www.aviationmegastore.com (Europe's biggest store for aviation enthousiast) you can buy FSX de luxe for € 69,95 which is 44,32 Pound Sterling with free shipping to the UK.

Only available if you pre-order your copy. Releasedate is October 13th.

After this date FS Deluxe will be sold for € 79,95.

Fred

freelancer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freelancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 4:57pm

Jesse,

From FSX website http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulatorx/default.htm,

Standard Edition

• 2 DVD
  • 18 airplanes
  • 40 high-detail airports (16 new to Flight Simulator)
  • 28 high-detail cities
  • 30+ structured missions

Deluxe Edition

• 2 DVD
  • 24 airplanes
  • 45 high-detail airports (21 new to Flight Simulator)
  • 38 high-detail cities
  • 50+ structured missions
  • Glass panel (G1000) cockpit
  • Tower controller

The Deluxe is supposed to have the SDK's included with it.  Not sure if they will be available as seperate downloads or not (with the price difference, probably not).

As for the release date, AVSIM says "Directly from the Microsoft Offices, the official shelf date is October 17, 2006 for FSX. Microsoft writes, "The newest addition to the 25-year “Flight Simulator” franchise will fly to retailers on Oct. 17".  Product has been sent to retailers and the official shelf date is set at October 17th."

I'm putting my 'virtual money' on the 17th.  Not because AVSIM announced it but because it is a Tuesday*.  Here in the US, the majority of games, movies or music CD's are released on Tuesday (I don't know whyConfused).

*  Disclaimer:  I may be wrong, I've been wrong before.Big%20smile

Mark
P3D v4.4
erict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 6:20pm

This time it is very possible that FSX will be released in Europe before the US...

13th for EU

17th for US

Eric Thornton - CX001
Flying Tigers Group
John Goodwin View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2006 at 4:31am
I think I will "sticky" this thread so that you post the "best" price you find for FSX...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingFinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2006 at 9:52am
Thanks Mark, a great website and useful info!Big%20smile
Jesse, EFHK
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2009 at 3:53am
Kerry,

Please do not post any further messages on this forum. We do not accept commercial advertisements.

You have posted several of these messages, and we ask you to stop it from now on.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic