Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > Ultimate Traffic in FSX - Classic Version
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Door Settings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Door Settings
    Posted: October-24-2006 at 11:30pm

Below is the first part of a collection of door settings for FSX. When these settings are added to an aircrafts .cfg file the jetways and baggage carts will attach and operate.

uploads/20061024_233006_Door_Settings.zip

John Goodwin View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2006 at 12:30pm

You may be wondering why it is taking me so long to sort out the door settings, part of the problem is the way MS have laid out the gates at major airports, with the same settings you can get this happening..

CAL2177 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2006 at 4:04pm

Thank you, John!

John

John
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2006 at 5:01pm

Ok here is the complete set of AI aircraft I have on my rig.

uploads/20061028_170221_Door_Setting_FI.zip

OK, a bit of explanation how the door settings work, the example below shows the FIVE settings for each door:-

• openclose rate percent per second = 0.4 this is the rate that a door opens, if you are adding this to a flyable model make sure that you use the rate that is already in use.
  • longitudinal position= 51.5 this is the position of the CENTER of the door measured forward, a positive figure, or aft, a negative value from the aircraft datum point.
  • lateral position=-5.0 this is the position of the "skin" of the aircraft from the datum point, a positive value is the RIGHT side of the aircraft, a negative value is the LEFT side.
  • vertical position=3.0 this is the position of the CENTER of the door  measured above or below the datum point, a positive value is the above, a negative value is below.
  • type=0 0=Main 1=Cargo  these are the type of doors in use.

The same system is used to position the baggage trucks.

In the example below there are two exits one for the jet way, exit.0 and one for the baggage trucks,exit.1.

[exits]

number_of_exits = 2

exit.0 = 0.4, 51.5, -5.0, 3.0, 0 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

exit.1 = 0.4, 36.5, 4.5, -3.0, 1 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

Graham Jackson View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2006 at 1:07am
As always John - many thnaks for all your hard work Smile
Graham
BrzI View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrzI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 11:29am
Thank you very much...
difrano View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote difrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2006 at 9:53pm

John,

Thank you for your hard work very usefull file, I'm asking you if it is possible to use your file in an application where you can drag and drop the door settings from your file (i will have to modify it) to a model you can choose from your aircraft folder? I'm starting to write the code to do it for myself, but it will be very usefull to everybody.

Thanks,

Armando

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2006 at 10:01pm

Armando,

I did think of doing that but people do tend to change the aircraft folder names for their own so I did not bother, just making it a txt file seemed the easy way to go. If you wish to write something then please feel free!! Wink

difrano View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote difrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2006 at 10:04pm

Thanks John! Big%20smile

i'm starting right now i think i will have something for the weekend!

pailakamoeuhane View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pailakamoeuhane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2006 at 10:45am
B717, B753 and MD90 is not on Door Setting List.  Do you have information for this?
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2006 at 3:06pm

B717 Aardvark

[exits]

number_of_exits = 2

exit.0 = 0.4, 52.0, -4.0, 4.0, 0 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

exit.1 = 0.4, 32.0, 4.5, -3.0, 1 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

B757-300 Aardvark all engines

[exits]

number_of_exits = 2

exit.0 = 0.4, 55.30, -7.0, 9.00,0 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

exit.1 = 0.4, -34.0, 8.0, -5.5, 1 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

exit.2 = 0.4, -42.30, 9.0, -7, 2 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

MD-90 Aardvark

[exits]

number_of_exits = 2

exit.0 = 0.4, 68.0, -5.0, 3.0, 0 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

exit.1 = 0.4, 43.0, 4.5, -3.0, 1 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pailakamoeuhane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2006 at 1:26pm

Oh, I mean PAI B717, B753 and MD90.  I'm sorry for not mention that.

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 5:00am
I do not have the settings for the PAI models as I did not use them, try the AIA settings, they may need some slight tweaking to make them fit.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pailakamoeuhane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2006 at 8:54pm

Please explain how these number work for Jetways to aircraft?  I'm trying to figure out the setting for Meljet B777-200 LR.  What is openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral and vertical positions from datum (feet)?

[exits]

number_of_exits = 2

exit.0 = 0.4, 55.30, -7.0, 9.00,0 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

exit.1 = 0.4, -34.0, 8.0, -5.5, 1 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

exit.2 = 0.4, -42.30, 9.0, -7, 2 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2006 at 10:09pm

I will explain for exit.0 in the example you give...the same applies to all exit.* settings. with most aircraft now available only two types of doors seem  to be included with them, the main cabin doors and the cargo doors.

exit.0=0.4,55.30,-7.0,9.00,0

The open/close rate is the rate at which the door opens or closes, 0.4 makes a door open/close in about 4 seconds.

The longitudinal position 55.30, this is the position from the datum point built into the aircraft model, if the value is + then it is forward of the datum point and if the value is - then it is aft of the datum point.

The lateral position -7.0, this is the position left or right of the datum point, if the value is + then it is right of the datum point, and if the value is - then it is left of the datum point.

The vertical position 9.00, this is the position above or below the datum point, if the value is + then it is above the datum point and if it is - then it is below the datum

The door type in this case is a main exit.

The position points refer to the center of the door in question, so in the case above the door is 55.30 forward, 7.0 left and 9.0 above the datum point. The units can be either metric or imperial.

The datum point is a position within the aircraft model that the designer has used to build the model from, some designers like to use the center of gravity position and others the nose, and others  just a nominal setting.

My advice to you is to find a B777 in the list, and use  those settings to start with, then with a bit of trial and error you will find the correct positions.....

Plainplane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plainplane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2006 at 11:07pm

ClapThanks a lot for your hard work!Clap

PlainplaneSmile

My favorite aircraft are made by Boeing.
sddjd View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sddjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2007 at 12:38am
I'd like to ask a stupid question... Wink

"number_of_exits = 2"

I see this entry on some aircraft that list "exit.0, exit.1, and exit.2", while on others I'm finding "3" as the count when only "exit.0 and exit.1" are listed.  Is this a sum of the exits, or does it define the fact that there are two types of exit on the aircraft (exit and cargo)?

Thanks for any info!
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2007 at 2:43pm
Do not worry about it the exits will work with 2 or 3 set in the aircraft.cfg
Plainplane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plainplane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2007 at 2:21pm
Do you have any door settings for the AI Aardvark B737-900?

I tried the settings for the AI Aardvark B737-800, and the jetway connects directly next to the door. I also did some searching and couldn't find any.

Plainplane
My favorite aircraft are made by Boeing.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2007 at 3:22pm
I am afraid the list I made is the final list. You can edit the settings and see what results you get.
767-400x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767-400x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2007 at 10:07am
nice work. do you have the setings to 767-31A?
sut101 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sut101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2007 at 8:24am

Originally posted by 767-400x 767-400x wrote:

nice work. do you have the setings to 767-31A?

Wacko ROFL!

John_Glossop View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John_Glossop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2008 at 11:27pm
A fewer new ones missing from this list. For instance, the Aardvark 737-900.  Are there any revisions that could/ should be added to this very useful list?
John G (2nd)
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 2:19am

John,

Most of the revisions to door seeting only need a couple of lines added or edit in the aircraft.cfg file. I did the big list for the release of FSX but I must admit that since then I just have not had the time to get around to revising it.

OK, a bit of explanation how the door settings work, the example below shows the FIVE settings for each door:-

• openclose rate percent per second = 0.4 this is the rate that a door opens, if you are adding this to a flyable model make sure that you use the rate that is already in use.
  • longitudinal position= 51.5 this is the position of the CENTER of the door measured forward, a positive figure, or aft, a negative value from the aircraft datum point.
  • lateral position=-5.0 this is the position of the "skin" of the aircraft from the datum point, a positive value is the RIGHT side of the aircraft, a negative value is the LEFT side.
  • vertical position=3.0 this is the position of the CENTER of the door  measured above or below the datum point, a positive value is the above, a negative value is below.
  • type=0 0=Main 1=Cargo  these are the type of doors in use.

The same system is used to position the baggage trucks.

In the example below there are two exits one for the jet way, exit.0 and one for the baggage trucks,exit.1.

[exits]

number_of_exits = 2

exit.0 = 0.4, 51.5, -5.0, 3.0, 0 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

exit.1 = 0.4, 36.5, 4.5, -3.0, 1 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John_Glossop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2008 at 2:44am
Hi John,
Yes, I understand how they work, and what each parameter represents - you've spelt that out well elsewhere.

I am also aware that to do this properly, you need to know the model's datum point (I've never seen this identified anywhere), and the distance from the datum point to the door and hatch (which must be available somewhere, but where? It's pretty obviously NOT the figures for the real plane, because if it was, the figures in FS models wouldn't vary so much from maker to maker).

I'd LIKE to be able to create these for more aircraft, but frankly, with so much of the necessary information not in my grasp, I can't see how I can do it. You'll know, perhaps, that I am not a modeller, and only just get by as a painter, so this is well outside of my area of expertise.

On another note, I've just ordered the DVD version of UT2007, so perhaps, with your influence, that will have the correct figures already in place, and I won't have to worry too much about them(?)
John G (2nd)
Graham Jackson View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2008 at 8:17am
I'd have thought that the datum can be figured out by using the light parameters as an indication of where it is.  At least it'll give you a bit of a start. 

Good to see you're still alive and kicking John - those PAI days seem a long time ago now :)
Graham
freelancer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freelancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2008 at 8:11pm

John G (2nd),

I can't remember where I got them from (old EVAI forums I think)

Aardvark Boeing 737-900
-----------------------

[exits]
number_of_exits = 2
exit.0 = 0.4,  46, -5.0,  3.5, 0
exit.1 = 0.4, -39,  4.5, -2.5, 1

Also check out this thread for some others.

If you don't find what you're looking for, let me know and I'll see if I have them somewhere.

Mark
P3D v4.1
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John_Glossop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2008 at 9:11pm
Thanks, Mark,

I am trying to work out the Traffic 2005 models, which appear to be new models (or at least the textures don't look like any I know). It isn't too important right now, as I ordered a copy of UT2007 yesterday, and will be binning Traffic 2005 as soon as I can install UT.
John G (2nd)
fsxdogflight187 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsxdogflight187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2008 at 3:16pm
does any one know how to get the baggige car to move
jimmy xu
fxs holic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fxs holic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 12:29am
Winkthanks guys that helped a lot :):)
Its me The Fsx a holIc!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic