Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where's my aircraft?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 992910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where's my aircraft?
    Posted: June-24-2007 at 9:47pm
UT gurus, another simple question for you... I have loaded two PAI aircraft (Airbus 300 Express.net cargo and MD-11 Saudi Arabia cargo) and they do not show up as traffic. I have loaded them correctly, as I can select them from my Aircraft menu and fly them. I have Compiled both airlines, and my traffic is set at 100%. I am using FS9 and do not use Vista. Also using the latest schedule - Summer 07. Been doing this for a couple years now, so I am a little confused. I think my wife wants the answer more than I do, so she can have me back!

Thanks

Bo
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2007 at 3:34am
When you say you have loaded the two PAI aircraft correctly, what did you actually do?

You also say that you can select them from your Aircraft menu and fly them? Do you mean that you can select them from the Aircraft menu in FS9? If so, there's something wrongs somewhere. PAI aircraft are for AI use only, they do not appear in the FS menu and they are not flyable. For a start, they have no panels.

Assuming you've sorted that out, have you assigned them in Ultimate Traffic? The Express.net A300 Cargo has to be assigned to the Dragonair/Express.net, and the MD11 Cargo to The Saudi Arabia MD11 Cargo. Each must be saved. Then you compile. Close UT, run FS9 and you should see your aircraft.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
992910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 992910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2007 at 10:05am
John, to answer your questions, I have done all that. Even though there is no panel for the aircraft, I can still select them, press F4 and go "flying". I am using FS9 too. I have assigned them correctly, compiled, closed and restarted. As far as loading them correctly, I did what I always do - put the texture in the appropriate folder, with the correct (fltsim.XXX). I can attach these later, as I am at work..... I did  what I have done for thousands of aircraft.

Most aircraft that I do load, I can "fly"....albeit without a panel,  sound, GPS, etc.

Bo
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2007 at 5:01pm
I'm David, not John.

It's true that some AI aircraft appear in the FS Aircraft list. If they have no panels, they are probably not ideal for flying, and should be removed from your Aircraft list. Removing them doesn't affect their use for AI.

Whether or not they appear in the FS Aircraft menu is determined by their.air file. It is opened with a program named AirED.

Change Item 105 'Aircraft Type' from '0' to '2' and save. Nothing changes, except that from now on that aircraft, with all its textures, won't show in FS9's Aircraft list. Amongst other things, FS should now load more quickly.

As far as your express.net A300 & Saudi MD11aircraft are concerned, try checking their aircraft.cfg files with ACA2007 Light. Even experienced simmers can make mistakes when editing aircraft.cfg files.

Having said that, Express.net flies to Shanghai(PVG). This airport is a bit short of parking spots, and it is possible that there aren't enough for the Airbus.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
992910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 992910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2007 at 10:28pm
David, thanks for the info. I think I also just discovered the time 'bug' in FS. Saudi is there, but the Express.net is still not there. The ACA 2007 Light program is fantastic. I did not find any errors associated with my missing aircraft, but plenty of other errors were discovered. I have been looking for Express.net at Hong Kong, where there is plenty of parking. I'll keep working it. It's amazing how this stuff can drive you nuts.

Apologies concerning the name.

Bo
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2007 at 4:51am
You might find that the scenery and AFCADs in all_china_scenery_v2.3.22.zip from the AVSIM library useful. I use it, and I have express.net aircraft showing in FS9, even at ZSPD.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic