Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > Ultimate Traffic in FSX - Classic Version
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FSX GA-Traffic and UT Won't Play Together

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supernova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FSX GA-Traffic and UT Won't Play Together
    Posted: July-22-2007 at 12:06am
I'm trying to use FSX GA-Traffic generator by Markus Brunner to generate some extra GA traffic in FSX. I'm having a wierd problem ...

1. With the UT and GA-Traffic BGL files co-existing, I get none of the aircraft I included in GA-Traffic, only the default FSX GA planes, and much less GA traffic than with UT alone.
  2. With the GA-Traffic BGL file alone, I get my new GA aircraft showing up with lots of GA traffic, but of course no UT airlines OR default GA Traffic.
  3. With UT BGL alone, i'm back to square one, nice airline (UT generated) traffic, but only the default GA aircraft.
I even tried unchecking the default GA aircraft in UT and re-compiled the BGL file - result: NO GA aircraft at all.

Anyone have a solution to this delima?

Thanks,
Greg
rlipoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlipoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 9:23pm

Does the FSX GA traffic generator create FSX-format traffic bgls?  I know problems like this can happen if you mix FSX-format and FS9-format traffic bgls.  There's a program for converting between the formats available--search this forum.

supernova View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supernova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by rlipoff rlipoff wrote:

Does the FSX GA traffic generator create FSX-format traffic bgls?

Not sure. It's possible. FSX GA is using it's own version of Traffic Tools which may or may not be generating an FSX bgl file. Not sure why the creator would call it "FSX GA" if that were not the case though.

Speaking of which ... is there a FSX version of Traffic Tools, or something similar?

Thanks
Shaunus82 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaunus82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2007 at 7:29am

Is you're GA Traffic.bgl in the same location as traffic.bgl,(Scenery/World/Scenery/).If it is try putting you're GA Traffic bgl into Addon Scenery/Scenery.I had to do this to get an Airline to work, which is not included in UTX,It now works and displays properly, together with the UTX flights.The reason for this I think is that by putting the GA Traffic bgl in Addon Scenery, you are putting it to a higher level of priority.

I'am not sure if GA Traffic Generator generates FSX.bgl's,as I have not yet used it.But I'am pretty sure that it does.

Also there is not a version of ttools for FSX at this time.You will have to use an FS9 Flightplan generator, then convert the FS9 FP to FSX format.

Regards

Shaun

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic