Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adding new airports to Ultimate Traffic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2007 at 4:34pm
Thanks for the info. I've placed them under the closest countries available.

I've added a couple of airports myself now and it all works fine. And it's addictive...

One note, UT doesn't seem to accept time zones with half an hour differences. For example, OIIE, I tried +3:30, but UT changed that to +3. Is there another notation? Or is it a limitation of UT/FS9?
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2007 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Mike... Mike... wrote:

One note, UT doesn't seem to accept time zones with half an hour differences. For example, OIIE, I tried +3:30, but UT changed that to +3. Is there another notation? Or is it a limitation of UT/FS9?

I don't know the answer to your question, but I suspect it's a limitation of UT/FS9.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Mike... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2007 at 5:54am
I'll change them then. From 3:30 to 3, etc...

I've seem to come across another problem. There are several fake codes that are in there, that are used because the actual code is already in UT. But of course, UT expects those fake codes to be in the Airports file.

I'll make an additional text file, with entries and coordinates for those fake codes. They'll have to be added to the Airports.txt file in the Import Airline folder. (Readme will have to be updated as well.) Fortunately, those entries can be added at the end, so it's hardly an additional effort, but an important step nonetheless. Beta testing!

Mike... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2007 at 7:29am
Something strange with KDEC DEC, UT says DEC already exists...

But look at the greyed out stuff, doesn't make any sense.

Edit: Strange, went to the next one, saved, then back to KDEC and was able to edit everything.

hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2007 at 12:50pm
Not sure why you got that DEC-KDEC thing. Must have been a blip.

Keep up the good work. It's worth doing.

I'm sure there are lots of flights missing because UT doesn't have the airports in its database. They are only revealed when someone notices because they are looking for a flight which doesn't show, but I suspect it's the tip of the iceberg. Your list is so long that it must affect dozens, if not hundreds, of flights.

To the best of my knowledge, no-one has ever attempted to sort out the entire problem.

One point which you might have to think about. If any of the missing airports don't have any AI facilities, it will be necessary to add them by editing their AFCADs, or finding good ones on the web.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
masped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2007 at 1:51pm

174 new airports if you only include the ones that are already in FS9, each of which has to have at least 1 flight to and from it each week, so that's 350 flights straight away! Mike's screenshots suggest that it could be a lot more as there are a couple of major airports on the list.

You're right about the facilities issue. When I was trying to find the information for the new airports I noticed that quite a few of them exist as a runway without any parking. I think what happens in that case is that arriving aircraft will land and then disappear - I've seen this happen a couple of times at some small caribbean airports. Not sure whether they reappear again when it's time to depart.

Matthew

Chris Peschke View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Peschke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2007 at 9:16pm

Let me know if you can't find AFCADs for them, I'll help out by creating them for you.

Cheers

Chris

Any landing you walk away from...
Mike... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2007 at 4:24am
It's a good point, some of the airports probably don't have parking spots or not enough, but at least traffic will be generated for them. I added all the "yes" airports and my traffic.bgl increased in size by about 1.5 MB.

Arriving traffic will disappear after landing, departing traffic, I believe, will be generated in the air as long as the user aircraft is more than 108 NM away. The so called AI visual zone.

Concerning the Afcads, I've only looked at the "no" aiports for those. I wonder if it'd be a good idea to go look for the yes ones as well and to include that info. So that it's really an "all-inclusive" package. Or do we just make a note out of it. Explaining the problem with stock afcads.

By the way, I went to KDEC yesterday and there was GA traffic as well as a Mesa Airlines B1900, so it worked for that airport as well.

Looking for Afcads for the yes airports should give better results, although for Decatur I only found a FS2002 Afcad.

Edit: think I'm just gonna leave it at a note.
masped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2007 at 5:19pm

I was in the process of going through the list to find out which airports had any parking available when I came across a couple of errors on the list. I noticed that there are some military airports on the list and I was intrigued to find out who was flying there. On checking it seems that some of the airports aren't what we think they are!

First up MMT shouldn't be on the list. I don't quite understand how it ended up in the schedules, but it seems that something went wrong when I imported flightplans for Interjet, a Mexican airline.

Next, NBC is on the Tatarstan schedules, so I think it's safe to assume it's not MCAS Beaufort! It appears to be Begishevo Airport in Naberevnye Chelny, Russia. ICAO code UWKE, already in FS9, timezone UTC+3. Not sure when daylight savings is in force, but assume it's March 25 - October 28.

Similarly, SLI is on the schedules for Proflight Commuter, a Zambian airline, so it's not Los Alamitos. It should be Solwezi Airport in Solwezi, Zambia. ICAO code FLSW, already in FS9, timezone UTC+2, no daylight savings.

I think I need to check through the rest of the list to see whether they all make sense. It might take a while as I need to search for each of the IATA codes in the schedules and cross-reference them against the airlines. Unhappy

Once that's done I'll resume my parking search!

Matthew

masped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2007 at 5:04am

As suspected, there were other anomalies in the list. I think they should all have been found now though!

WEA can be removed from the list. It was being picked up from White Eagle Aviation under Air One.

PHI can also be removed. Seems to be another faulty import.

CSH is on the Aeroflot-Nord schedules and should be Solovki Airport on Solovetsky Island, Russia. ICAO code ULAS, not in FS9, timezone UTC+3, daylight savings from 3/25 - 10/28

CYW is on the Transportes Aeromar schedules and should be Celaya Airport in Celaya, Mexico. ICAO code MMCY, already in FS9, timezone UTC-6, daylight savings from 3/25 - 10/28

JYR is on the Iran Asseman schedules and should be Jiroft Airport in Jiroft, Iran. ICAO code OIKJ, already in FS9, timezone UTC+3, no daylight savings.

MEY is on the Yeti Airlines schedules so it's Meghauli Airport in Meghauli, Nepal. ICAO code VNMG, already in FS9, timezone UTC+6, no daylight savings.

OVS caused me some problems Confused. It's on the UTAir schedules, and appears to be a typo in the schedules as I think it should have said OVB. OVB is Tolmachevo Airport in Novosibirsk, Russia. ICAO code UNNT, already in FS9, timezone UTC+3, daylight savings from 3/25 - 10/28

PHG is on the Virgin Nigeria schedules and should be Port Harcourt Airport in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. ICAO code DNPO, already in FS9, timezone UTC+1, no daylight savings. The airport is already in UT with IATA code PHC.

TYL is on the Aero Condor schedules and should be Capitan Montes Airport in Talara, Peru. ICAO code SPYL, already in FS9, timezone UTC-5, no daylight savings.

As far as I can tell, the other airports all seem to be in the right part of the world.

Matthew

Mike... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2007 at 7:01am
Very nice!

Fresh New UT Airports, sorted on IATA code.
masped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2007 at 9:00am

Here is the list of those new airports which are in FS9 but which don't have any parking by default. If anyone knows of an AFCAD for any of them, or is willing to make one, then let us know!

ICAO IATA Airport Name City Country
AYWD WBM Wapenamanda Airport Wapenamanda Papua New Guinea
CAD4 YZZ Trail Airport Trail Canada
CYBV YBV Berens River Airport Berens River Canada
CYGV YGV Havre St-Pierre Airport Havre-Saint-Pierre Canada
CYLY YLY Lytton Airport Lytton Canada
CYRS YRS Red Sucker Lake Airport Red Sucker Lake Canada
DAAS QSF Ain Arnat Airport Setif Algeria
DAOI CFK Chlef Airport Chlef Algeria
EEKE URE Kuressaare Airport Kuressaare Estonia
ETMN FCN Cuxhaven/Nordholz Airport Nordholz Germany
ETSI IGS Ingolstadt Manching Airport Ingolstadt Germany
FMCV AJN Ouani Airport Anjouan Comoros
FQCH VPY Chimoio Airport Chimoio Mozambique
FTTC AEH Abéché Airport Abéché Chad
FZMA BKY Kuvumu Airport Bukavu Congo (DRC)
GAMB MZI Barbe/Ambodejo Airport Mopti Mali
GM0A GLN Goulimime Airport Goulimime Morocco
HHMS MSW Massawa Airport Massawa Eritrea
HHSB ASA Asseb International Airport Asseb Eritrea
HL0A QUB Ubari Airport Ubari Libya
HUGU ULU Gulu Airport Gulu Uganda
KSOP SOP Moore County Airport Pinehurst/Southern Pines United States
LEAB ABC Los Llanos Airport Albacete Spain
LTAZ NAV Kapadokya Airport Nevsehir Turkey
LTBH CKZ Canakkale Airport  Canakkale Turkey
LTBR YEI Bursa Yenisehir Airport Bursa Turkey
LTFD EDO Edremit Korfez Airport  Balikesir Turkey
MMCY CYW Celaya Airport Celaya Mexico
NTGP PKP Pukapuka Airport Pukapuka French Polynesia
NZOU OAM Oamaru Airport  Oamaru New Zealand
OAFZ FBD Faizabad Airport Faizabad Afghanistan
OAMS MZR Mazar Airport Mazar i Sharif Afghanistan
OI0C YEH Asaloyeh Airport Asaloyeh Iran
OIKJ JYR Jiroft Airport Jiroft Iran
OIKQ GSM Dayrestan Airport Gheshm Iran
OITP PFQ Parsabad-Moghan Airport Parsabad Iran
OIZB ACZ Zabol Airport Zabol Iran
OR0X OSM Mosul Airport Mosul Kuwait
RCKW HCN Hengchun Airport Hengchun Taiwan
RCMQ RMQ Ching Chuan Kang Airport Taichung City Taiwan
RCMT MFK Matsu Beigan Airport Matso Islands Taiwan
RPMP PAG Pagadian Airport Pagadian Philippines
RPUS SFE San Fernando Airport San Fernando Philippines
SADP EPA El Palomar Airport El Palomar Argentina
SAZL SST Santa Teresita Airport Santa Teresita Argentina
SAZO NEC Necochea Airport Necochea Argentina
SBCA CAC Cascavel Airport Cascavel Brazil
SBFC FRC Franca Airport Franca Brazil
SBHT ATM Altamira Airport Altamira Brazil
SBIH ITB Itaituba Airport Itaituba Brazil
SBJU JDO Cariri Regional Airport Juazeiro do Norte Brazil
SBNM GEL Santo Angelo Airport Santo Angelo Brazil
SKVG VGZ Villagarzon Airport Villagarzon Colombia
SLGY GYA Emilio Beltran Airport Guayaramerin Bolivia
SLRI RIB Riberalta Airport Riberalta  Bolivia
SLRQ RBQ Rurrenabaque Airport Rurrenabaque Bolivia
SLSB SRJ German Quiroga Guardi Airport San Borja Bolivia
SNBR BRA Barreiras Airport Barreiras Brazil
SNGV GVR Aeroporto Coronel Altino Machado Governador Valadares Brazil
SNIP IPN Ipatinga Airport Ipatinga Brazil
SNPD POJ Patos de Minas Airport  Patos de Minas Brazil
SNYE PHI Pinheiro Airport Pinheiro Brazil
SPYL TYL Capitan Montes Airport Talara Peru
SSDO DOU Dourados Airport Dourados Brazil
SVBI BNS Barinas Airport Barinas Venezuela
SVCP CUP General Jose Francisco Bermudez Airport Carupano Venezuela
SVEZ EOZ Elorza Airport Elorza Venezuela
SVGD GDO Guasqualito Airport Guasqualito Venezuela
SVVG VIG Juan Pablo Perez Alfonzo Airport El Vigia Venezuela
SWJI JPR Ji Parana Airport Ji Parana Brazil
SWPI PIN Parintins Airport Parintins Brazil
SWRD ROO Rondonopolis Airport Rondonopolis Brazil
UA0B KOV Kokshetau Airport Kokshetau Kazakhstan
UEST IKS Tiksi Airport Tiksi Russia
UT0U NVI Navoi Airport Navoi Uzbekistan
VAKE IXY Kandla Airport Kandla India
VAKP KLH Kohlhapur Airport Kohlhapur India
VASU STV Surat Airport Surat India
VCCW WRZ Wirawila AB Wirawila Sri Lanka
VIBR KUU Manali Airport Kulu India
VIBY BEP Barelly AFB Barelly India
VIDN DED Dehradun Airport Dehradun India
VIGG DHM Kangra Airport Dharamsala India
VIGR GWL Maharajpur Airport Gwalior India
VIPK IXP Pathankot Air Base Pathankot India
VNMG MEY Meghauli Airport Meghauli Nepal
VO1X TCR Tuticorin Airport Tuticorin India
VOAT AGX Agatti Island Airport Agatti Island India
VORY RJA Rajahmundry Airport Rajahmundry India
VVCM CAH Caa Mau Airport Ca Mau Vietnam
VVCS VCS Co Ong Aiport Conson Island Vietnam
VYMS MOG Monghsat Airport Monghsat Myanmar
VYPN BSX Bassein Airport Bassein Myanmar
VYPU PKK Pakhokku Airport Pakhokku Myanmar
WAMH NAH Naha Airport Naha Indonesia
WAPL LUV Dumatubun Airport Langgur Indonesia
WASK KNG Kaimana Airport Kaimana Indonesia
WIAS MLG Abdul Rachman Saleh Airport Malang Indonesia
WRKE ENE Ipi Airport Ende Indonesia
YHOO HOK Hooker Creek Airport Hooker Creek Australia
YKKG KFG Kalkgurung Airport Kalkgurung Australia
YPAM PMK Palm Island Airport Palm Island Australia
YVRD VCD Victoria River Downs Airport Victoria River Downs Australia
Z16J EBL Erbil International Airport Erbil Iraq
ZWTN HTN Hotan Airport Hotan

China

Matthew

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Peschke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2007 at 10:56am

The missing Canadian Airports are located in my "Small Canadian Airfields A-Z" collection located at avsim.com with the exception of Lytton which has been abandoned/taken out of service.

Cheers

Chris

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Peschke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2007 at 11:18am

LTBH & LTFD are part of a file called "Turkey Airport AFCADs" at avsim.com

MMCY is in "Additional Gates for Mexican Airports Vol 1" at avsim.com

NTGP is in "Small Airports of French Polynesia" at avsim.com

OAFZ is in "Afghanistan Package vol.1 (OABT, OACC, OAFZ)"

OAMS is in "Afghanistan Package Vol.4 (OAUZ, OAMN, OAMS)"

UEST-I have it but can't determine its providence

Cheers

Chris

Mike... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2007 at 12:56pm
Chris, I've checked out all your Canadian files and can't seem to find CAD4, CYGV and CYKF. Are you sure they're in there?

I've added the info. Plus two more.

Latest update. When I have a chance, I'll do some searching as well.
masped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2007 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Chris Peschke Chris Peschke wrote:

The missing Canadian Airports are located in my "Small Canadian Airfields A-Z" collection located at avsim.com with the exception of Lytton which has been abandoned/taken out of service.

Lytton is on the Harbour Air schedules, so I guess they must land on the river rather than at the airport itself.

Mike, CAD4 is in Chris' letter 'T' package and CYGV is in the letter 'H' package. CYKF has some parking by default, although having said that I don't think the GA medium parking spot that it has will be big enough for the Saab 340 that Mesaba flies there.

Matthew

Mike... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2007 at 5:04am
When searching for "Small Canadian Airfields A-Z", those two packages didn't show up.

I've gone through the list, only searched on ICAO code and managed to find several files. Updated PDF, see link in my previous post.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Peschke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2007 at 11:24am

CYKF is part of a scenery package here: cykf2_1_full.zip at avsim.com and there is also an afcad file called cykf_v2.0_pdn.zip there as well.

That should take care of the Canadian Airports.  I've checked the Water Aerodrome supplement as well and there's still nothing for Lytton.  There is a package of seaplane afcads for Harbour Air here: pnw_seaplane_afcads.zip but alas, it doesn't include Lytton.

Cheers

Chris

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Peschke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2007 at 12:47pm

I've just finished an AFCAD for AYWD Wapenamanda in PNG.  I'll post it to avsim.com

Chris

Mike... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2007 at 3:28pm
Lytton: ap1514rw.zip at Avsim. Big package, but supposedly includes an AI enabled Afcad for CYLY.
masped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2007 at 6:11am

Lytton: ap1514rw.zip at Avsim. Big package, but supposedly includes an AI enabled Afcad for CYLY.

That looks like a complicated install just for one AFCAD!

Where are we up to? We could spend weeks looking for / creating AFCAD files for everything.  Is there any more checking to do of the basic package, or can it be uploaded to AVSIM with a note that we will continue to provide updates on this forum as and when more files become available?

Matthew

hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2007 at 11:55am
Originally posted by masped masped wrote:

That looks like a complicated install just for one AFCAD!

Where are we up to? We could spend weeks looking for / creating AFCAD files for everything.  Is there any more checking to do of the basic package, or can it be uploaded to AVSIM with a note that we will continue to provide updates on this forum as and when more files become available?

Matthew

I've just downloaded this package and had a look at it. It isn't that complicated, and really does enhance the coastal scenery. The CYLY AFCAD is a separate file, and I suppose you could just install that in your addon Scenery/Scenery folder and see if it works with the default scenery if you wish.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Mike... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 10:25am
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Peschke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 8:16pm

Considering that Lytton is a closed airport, it is a lot of work!  If Harbour Air flies there, it's on floats and lands in the river.  I haven't found UTs flightplans for float plane traffic very good, probably because a lot of float plane legs are very short with flexible schedules.  I've made a bunch of float plane traffic files including everything you need for AI traffic and they are posted to avsim.com. By the way Mike, outstanding job on the added airports, I added all but the missing airports last night (until some rather late hour) and it worked like a charm, THANKSClap

Cheers

Chris

Mike... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2007 at 8:52am
Great to hear. I'm gonna add some to my UT now.

243 downloads currently! Not bad at all.

And not a single e-mail yet.

Mike... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2007 at 9:57am
Seems a problem slipped through "beta testing". DNPO PHG, since it's already in UT, as PHC, PHG will not be added, forgot to enter a fake ICAO for that one.

Since it doesn't trigger UT, no irreparable damage to the dat files will occur. Phew. ;-p To add it, take the DNPO flightplan line and change DNPO to DNP1. That will trigger UT. Then later, using the airports assignments utility, change DNP1 to DNPO.

Edit: same for UNNT - OVS. Use fake code UNNS in flightplan line, then change to UNNT later.

Also, add the following lines to Airports.txt:

DNP1,N5* 0.86',E6* 57.01',79
UNNS,N55* 0.70',E82* 39.10',364

Sorry about that.
Mike... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2007 at 5:13pm
476 downloads... Zero e-mails. Big success.

Gonna work on some new uploads for Avsim now. Some more visual patches for Simflyers sceneries. Another renamed runway for KORD soon that'll need another patch. I'm also hardcoding a quick and dirty ILS for FlyTampa's St. Maarten scenery. My AI heavies keep landing in the water and not on the runway.

Edit: was downloading some sceneries and noticed that the files we have listed for Doncaster Airport are old. There's a version 3 of the scenery available, we had version 2 listed. Version 3 is as follows: egcnjy3.zip + egcnjy3a.zip.
Iskender View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iskender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2007 at 7:38am

Hi, great news to have a solution for this problem. Thank you. That was reported by sotiris and me in July and I was find a solution. Again thank you. This is the thread with some codes for airports missing in UT.

http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=3873&KW=&PID=18129#18129

But I have a problem with links provided. I can't connect with Readme, Airports 1 and Airports 0. The link send me to zita.be and shows a "page not found error". Can I try another way?

BTW: A great page for icao, DST, and other airport data is http://worldaerodata.com/

Regards

masped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2007 at 8:35am

Hi Iskender,

The files linked to from this thread were work-in-progress. The final versions are in the package uploaded to AVSIM: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=108189

Matthew

Gkirmathal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkirmathal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2007 at 12:05pm
Got a question.

At step nr.6 is the manual it says:
to add the airport info (country etc etc), of the airport you want to add. But is there a way now to edit the coordinates that UT assigns?
This is what stopped me from continuing with UT last year.

Current example. I want to add:
UUOS - Stary Oskol (got the afcad file, scen loaded in fs) NOTE: has no IATA
Info from airports_fs2004.txt:
UUOS,N51* 19.75',E37* 46.16',696,

When importing the fake airline with UUOS, I need to inport the airport information. But the UUOS coordinates UT assigns are totally different: N83 55,00" E113 56,00" 696ft

What causes the coordinate differances in UT? Or do they not matter at all?
Correct rl cords: N51* 19.75',E37* 46.16',696ft
False UT cord: N83* 55,00' E113* 56,00' 696ft

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic