Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adding new airports to Ultimate Traffic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2007 at 4:57pm

UUOS wasn't one of the airports in our project, so I assume you're importing a flightplan? Are the co-ordinates in the airports.txt file that you are trying to import the same as those in the airports_FS2004.txt file?

Matthew

Gkirmathal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkirmathal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2007 at 8:09pm
Yes, im importing a 'flightplan'. Airport.txt is the same as airport_fs2004.txt. So Co-ordinates are the same aswell.

Seem to have a 'some' of airport missing if I search for the ICAO codes arround UUOS, from airport_fs2004.txt, in UT airport assignment util.
Could explain the lack of traffic I am experiancing after installing 2007 schedule.

There really needs to be an import utility for airports in the UT db, with a db not relying on the IATA codes but on ICAO or LOCODE. But thats just a side comment.
masped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 5:17am

That's strange, then. I realise it's not much help, but I checked a couple of the airports I've imported and the co-ordinates match with airports_FS2004.txt

You could always compile the flightplans with TTools and have another traffic file separate to UT.

Yes, an import utility would be very useful!

Matthew

Mike... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 10:40am
Can you provide a link to the Afcad?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkirmathal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 11:50am
UUOS scenery
Here it is, scenery works ok as it is very basic.

The flightplan is here

I from an older flightpln I added ULMK, but the cords were incorrect compared to the rl ones, so route map now shows a line going to the northpole
Iskender View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iskender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 2:44pm
Don't worry for coordinates error. I imported dozens of airlines with new airports and never the coordinates are correct. I don't know if this case is normal. My route map shows stranges flies to north pole but the aircraft are in the correct place in my FS9. 
Mike... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 3:21pm
That's what matters, isn't it. All the info in UT is nice, but in the end, the schedules have an IATA code, the airports assignments database links that to an ICAO code, and based on that link, your AI is generated. So just add the aiport, see if AI appears and fly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkirmathal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Mike... Mike... wrote:

That's what matters, isn't it. All the info in UT is nice, but in the end, the schedules have an IATA code, the airports assignments database links that to an ICAO code, and based on that link, your AI is generated. So just add the aiport, see if AI appears and fly.

And that is the problem, the airport in this case, has no IATA code. A lot of smaller Russian airfields do not have IATA codes but only ICAO and LOCODE code.
So I see no way of adding them to UT unless they change the database dependencie to IACO only and drop the whole IATA bit.
Chris Peschke View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Peschke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 8:53pm

The reason the way the database is the way it is, is that UT uses the same data that is released to the travel industry for their schedules.  Converting all of that to ICAO codes would be really difficult.  It's also why we get the wrong airline assignements from time to time.  There is simply too much data to accurately parse while getting a schedule update out in a reasonable, and relevant time frame.  Personally, I think the accuracy is pretty good considering the amount of data and there isn't another product out there that comes even close to UT.

Cheers

Chris

Any landing you walk away from...
Mike... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Gkirmathal Gkirmathal wrote:

And that is the problem, the airport in this case, has no IATA code. A lot of smaller Russian airfields do not have IATA codes but only ICAO and LOCODE code.
So I see no way of adding them to UT unless they change the database dependencie to IACO only and drop the whole IATA bit.

Use a fake IATA code. Don't know if UT accepts four characters, but if it does, simply use UUOS.
Mike... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2007 at 8:48am
I think I've found an erroneous airport.

GYL, we made that KGYL Glencoe Municipal Airport in Minnesota. While that should really be Argyle Airport somewhere in Australia.

Stumbled upon this one when I generated the route map for Skywest Airlines (I was looking for the American regional carrier).

Not a major issue, but still.

EDIT

Go into the Airport Assignments Utility. Search for GYL. Change KGYL to YARG, save. Recompile your traffic, problem solved. (Except for the route map, but the traffic is now where it's supposed to be! Go to Perth on Monday at 6:50AM and the Skywest F100 is waiting to go to Argyle.)

Which means that GYL Argyle airport is in FS9, as YARG. But the default Afcad does not support the F100, unless its radius is smaller than 18m, the biggest parking spot there. PAI Recommended radius for the F100 is 22m.

Mike... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2007 at 10:25am
Nothing to do with our package, but in Ultimate Traffic CMF is wrongly assigned LFMD! Change it to LFLB.

I discovered this as I imported Winter Thomsonfly plans. UT said it didn't know LFLB, I looked it up, found Chambéry Airport and knew it was already in UT.

So, what is LFMD then? CEQ Cannes - Mandelieu Airport.

During the importing process I just assigned CEQ to LFLB and later in the Airport Assingments, made the corrections.

Note, CMF may not be in UT by default, perhaps I imported it incorrectly earlier.

FYI.
Craig View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2007 at 9:25pm
Hopefully somebody has seen this error before.  I followed the instructions step by step and when I thought it was done and I tried to import the fake airline, I get the following generic error..

Ultimate Traffic encountered a problem Adding Airport information.  Press OK to continue...

Has anybody seen this error before and know what it can mean?  Where should I look to fix this?  Hopefully I did not lose half of the day working on this!
Mike... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2007 at 7:45am
I've never seen that error. Sounds to me like certain airport info was incorrect and therefore couldn't be saved/added to the database. But with a vague error like that, it could be anything. Could you send me the APF file you were working with, my e-mail address should be in the package somewhere.
Craig View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2007 at 9:00am
If I think about it when I get back home.  I am heading out for work and then out of town for Christmas. 

After doing all of that work, and even though I could not import the fake carrier, I could not compile.  It was giving me a lot of airports not found.  So I had to copy over the missing airports from the  import\airports.txt file to the Airports_FS2004.txt in order to get UT to compile.  Maybe it is ok now, but I will not be able to check it out until I get home from the holidays.
Mike... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2007 at 7:26pm
Hope you remembered to make backups before you started.

On a totally unrelated note, in Ultimate Traffic change the assignment of COK from VOCC to VOCI. UT comes with an Afcad for VOCC, but COK is definitely VOCI, so something got mixed up.

FS9 comes with a stock Afcad for VOCI, should you wish to upgrade it, try the Afcad included in this package. Alternatively, try this scenery.
gazdadude View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazdadude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2008 at 12:46pm
just found abel santamaria musc snu cuba
Craig View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2008 at 6:11pm

Originally posted by Mike... Mike... wrote:

Hope you remembered to make backups before you started.

Backups?  Why would I do something like that?  LOL  Now for some reason I cannot compile a traffic file that I created with TTOOLS.  Even though I did not modify the airports.txt file, it is telling me that there are missing airports.  I used Genair to look through the list and compare it to it's own master airport list, and there were something like 69 missing airports.  I am going to do a reinstall, which is good actually.  I got a 80GB drive that I am going to install and make that my FS only drive. 

masped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2008 at 11:01am

Following on from this thread I've checked the UT airport assignments from a fresh install of UT, but with the Summer 2007 schedule update. There were eight airports that were missing from the original list I compiled, as a result of me having imported other flightplans that used them. These airports, with their details, are:

ICAO IATA Airport Name Region Country State City FS9 Time zone DST Parking available?
KGRK GRK Gray AAF North America United States Texas Fort Hood Yes - 5 3/11 - 11/4 N
KRIV RIV March AFB North America United States California Riverside Yes - 8 3/11 - 11/4 N
LTFJ SAW Sabiha Gokcen Airport Europe Turkey Istanbul Yes + 2 3/25 - 10/28 Y
MUSC SNU Abel Santa Maria Airport Caribbean Cuba Santa Clara Yes - 5 3/11 - 11/4 N
SEGS GPS Seymour Airport South America Ecuador Baltra Yes - 6 No N
SETN ESM General Rivadeneira Airport South America Ecuador Tachina Yes - 5 No N
SETU TUA Teniente Coronel Luis a Mantilla Airport South America Ecuador Tulcan Yes - 5 No N
SVVL VLV Dr Antonio Nicolas Briceno Airport South America Venezuela Valera Yes - 4 No N

Although they are all already in FS9 by default, most of them do not have any parking spots bigger than GA large and therefore won't show much traffic when they are imported unless you have a better AFCAD.

Matthew

Mike... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2008 at 5:05pm
Nice work. I've added all the info to my spreadsheet. Think I'll go activate the first four now.

By the way, just recently when I was importing some plans and had to enter airport info, I made an interesting observation. Apparently, it is possible to enter half an hour differences. With ".3"...
gazdadude View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazdadude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2008 at 8:18am
another one is coventry
masped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2008 at 4:59pm

You mean EGBE? That's not in the Summer 07 schedules. To get it you would need to import Thomsonfly flightplans.

Matthew

gazdadude View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazdadude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2008 at 6:13pm
yeah thanks
Mike... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 1:04pm
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=119860

Download and install, run CollectAirports.exe, then go the Airports Utility, search for HYD, then change VOHY to VOHS. (Save. Re-compile your traffic.) The latter is a totally new airport and replaces the old one. Ran into this when I imported new Jet Airways plans. Am now going to check the traffic there.
gazdadude View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazdadude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2008 at 7:18am
just found rkjb
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic