Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > Ultimate Traffic in FSX - Classic Version
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UT Callsign & Flightnumber in FSX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UT Callsign & Flightnumber in FSX
    Posted: August-19-2007 at 10:53am

Hi,
I'm trying to get the callsign & Flightnumber that you set in UT's 'Aircraft Label options' to be visible in FSX.

I have Aircraft Model Type, Distance, Altitude & Callsign and Flightnumber selected in UT. When I press save it says its saved it to fsx.cfg - but I see no entry.

In FSX I have Aircraft Model Type, Distance, Altitude visible in the aircraft  label, but no callsign. Setting tailnumber gives the registration OK and setting Manufacturer gives 'Flight One AI aircraft'.

Given that seeing realworld flights is the attraction of UT - seeing the callsign is pretty fundamental. Is there a 'tweak' to fsx.cfg for this ?

Thanks a lot,
Martin

hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2007 at 12:51pm
Maybe it's a callsign that isn't recognised by FSX.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
martinru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2007 at 1:14pm

Hi David,
Thanks for the reply. That would mean that FSX doesn't recognise any UT callsigns - this is not an isolated incident - but is all traffic at LHR. For example, 'British Airways 720' (or BA720 - however UT shows it)  is not recognised in FSX and so basically most UT airlines wouldn't be.

There must be a fix for this - but what ?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2007 at 1:58pm
Can anyone else help with this one, please?
David Hanstater
Administrator.
freson View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2007 at 12:12pm

Martin,

There are 2 ways to change the labels. If you have the DeLuxe edition of FSX the SDK is included. The DSK has a traffic tool which gives you the possibility to change the traffic settings in FSX but also gives you a traffic explorer. Search in the internet for traffic tools FSX and i'm sure there is a manual for installing it.

The other way is to edit your FSX.cfg.

Below is a part of my FSX.cfg. If you change the settings as shown you'll see the callsign, aircraft type, altitude and distance but you can change the settings to your preference.

0 = disabled en 1 = enabled.

[AContain]
ShowLabels=1
ShowUserLabel=0
ShowLabelManufacturer=0
ShowLabelModel=1
ShowLabelTailNumber=0
ShowLabelDistance=1
ShowLabelAltitude=1
ShowLabelAirline=0
ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=1
ShowLabelFlightPlan=0
ShowLabelContainerId=0
ShowLabelAirspeed=0
ShowLabelHeading=0
LabelDelay=1000
LabelColor=FFFF0000

Fred

martinru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2007 at 5:47pm

Hi Fred,

Perfect ! - just what I was looking for.

I look forward to try this out at the weekend.

Thanks very much,
Martin

RFields View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RFields Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2007 at 7:35pm

Originally posted by martinru martinru wrote:

For example, 'British Airways 720' (or BA720 - however UT shows it)

You should not see or hear British Airways - the call sign for that airline is Speed Bird in FS - usually without the space in the real world.

A substantial number of airlines have call signs which are not close to the airline name.

The new Virgin America which just started uses REDWOOD as their call sign (no it's not in FS).

Reggie Fields, KADS, Addison, Texas, USA
martinru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2007 at 2:11am

...even better.

I used to work for BA at LHR so I know they use Speedbird (probably a bad example I gave I guess) - but if UT translates to realworld callsigns for use in FSX - excellent !

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic