Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic 2 for FSX > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Airlines Callsigns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lap1104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airlines Callsigns
    Posted: June-23-2009 at 9:36am

Hi,

I have recently bought UT2 and it is great, however, only some airlines use their callsigns, others are just numbers, i have downloaded editvoicepackX for FSX and it says that all of the callsigns off UT2 have to match exactly in Edit Voicepack X. Is there an easier way to do this rather than going through all of the callsigns on Edit Voicepack X and changing them?

Thanks in advance

lmoelleb View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lmoelleb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2009 at 3:35pm
I am not aware of any automated way, and it's unlikely I build anything into EditVoicepack to facilitate easily editing the config files to match the EditVoicepack entries now the EditVoicepack API allows products to include working callsigns directly.
Regards
Lars
jnlbarnes View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnlbarnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2009 at 10:16am

there are a number of airlines in UT2 that SHOULD have the correct callsign with editvoicepack, but do not due to typographical issues.

JetBlue is one example, Republic Airlines also does not match, but for another reason.

The fix is quite simple: go into the aircraft.cfg files - for jetblue the entry as written by UT2 is: atc_airline=JETBLUE

FSX/ editvoicepack will not recognize this word and skips over it. Change to: atc_airline=JET BLUE and all is fine.

For Republic Airlines, their new callsign: MERCURY is entered - this either needs to be manually edited in editvoicepack as it does not exist, or simply change the entry to the old callsign: BRICKYARD.

On a side note, I think it's kind of ironic that the UT2 team put a ton of effort in getting all the current callsigns, even the ones editvoicepack doesn't have, but all the USAirways aircraft still use US AIR as their callsign ...

On a broader topic. Any editvoicepack guru's out there know why I can fly to LINDBERGH airport, but Trans States Airlines with the entry atc_airline=LINDBERGH fly incognito with numbers only??

lmoelleb View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lmoelleb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2009 at 12:40pm

I might qualify as an EditVoicepack quru, and I even know the answer to this one. :)

When the speech engine looks up the wave file and phrase it uses an identifier. Agents, airports, telephony designators (also wrongly known as callsigns), aircraft manufactures, airline types, and phrases all use a different prefix in the identifier

You might not notice this in EditVoicepack as the prefix isn't displayed for the modifications (the modifications are placed in different branches of the tree instead). But if you look in the list of available wavefiles when you build a list, you will see the full identifier including prefix for the default GVP wavefiles.

The full identifier needed in the GVP file for the callsign to work is "AIRLINE LINDBERGH".

The default GVP file contains the following two identifiers for the Lindbergh wavefile/phrase: "AGENT_NAME LINDBERGH" and "AIRPORT KSAN".

Regards
Lars
jnlbarnes View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnlbarnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2009 at 9:15pm

Aha! I'll give it a try!

thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic