Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Timetables Don’t Match AI Traffic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n003lb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Timetables Don’t Match AI Traffic
    Posted: May-31-2005 at 2:38am

Howdy All,

First post here, just got UT earlier tonight and am curious about the timetables.  I tried looking up a flight on the timetable (FedEx 727 out of Toronto -> Indianpolis, Departing at 22:15) and it isn't there in FS.  I tried this with several other flights from various carriers and none of them show up in FS.  I have a bunch of real world traffic, but they don't match the timetables.  I guess my question is:  Are the timetables included just as a novelty, or is there something that I've done wrong?

Also, are all the various airlines in UT supposed to actually be in the FS traffic file?  Two companies to note here.  One is "40 Mile Air Ltd (Q5)" and the other is "Papillon Airways Inc. (HI)".  Both have routes shown on the map, but they are not there in FS.  The airports that Papillon Airways service are not even in FS.  Were these airlines, and others like them, just included to pad UT's numbers, or have I screwed it up somehow?

One last thing.  I noticed a lot of the airport codes in the timetables don't match with those in FS.  Is this normal?

Thanks,
Cory
n003lb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n003lb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2005 at 2:40am
I should add that I have the Dec '03 schedules.  I have not yet bought the updated schedule.
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2005 at 7:57am
Cory,

I have the latest Spring/Summer2005 update. I don't know if it makes any difference to your question.

I've got the Fedex flight on my system, flight 0151. It shows in FS, but not on UT's routemap. I don't know why not. Goto CYYZ (Toronto) at about 2:25hrs GMT on, say, Wednesday, and see if it's there.

I would point out that FEDEX is an all-freight airline, and its schedules are not generally used by the travel industry. Theefore their schedules might not accurately reflect real life. UT is designed to commecial passenger air travel, and it does genuinely reflect real life.

You are correct that some smaller airlines in remote regions don't show in FS because their airports don't exist. 40 Mile Air is one of them. It is usually possible to create new airports, using Lee Swordy's AFCAD221.zip from AVSIM.

Most of the airlines are in UT's traffic file. However, you might get 'no shows' in FS if there are no textures assigned to their equipment. If you select the box to use default textures on the first page of UT's Compile, you will see them in FS, but in anonymous livery rather than the airline one. There's an artcle on correcting this on John Goodwin's home page

http://www.john-goodwin.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Assignframe.htm l

The airport codes in UT are the IATA 3-digit ones used by the travel industry. FS uses mainly 4-digit ICAO codes, used by pilots. UT has a database matching up IATA codes to ICAO codes. Unfortunately, there are lots of errors and omissions. See

http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TI D=52&PN=1
David Hanstater
Administrator.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic