Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic 2 for FSX > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Daedalus aircraft?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IANWEL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2011 at 5:49pm
The problem I have is with the woai package that I installed , it does not happen with the liveries that are already installed with ut2 . I have since installed a different package to see if it happened with the new one and it does. The two that I have installed from woai are ;-
Precision Air which is woaprfv1.zip and Air Malta which is woaamcv1.zip
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2011 at 6:45pm
I'm puzzled by this, because it seems too much of a coincidence for it to happen with two WofAI packages. I assume you imported them using PowerPack.
I would suggest that you try deactivating them in UT2, and instead use the .BGL file which WofAI installs by default, and see if you get the same problem.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Dave_YVRATC View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2011 at 7:40pm
That seems very odd to me as well.. Please post your FSX graphic settings too.
John Goodwin View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2011 at 4:50am

Two questions from me:-

1.  Do you have AIRCRAFT SHADOWS turned ON
  2. When you see the problem are you are an airport where you have a THIRD PARTY AIRPORT SCENERY installed.

I get a similar problem, I just see the nav lights with some AIA and DJC models, if I have shadows turned on and I am using the AEROSOFT AMSTERDAM scenery.

Try turning AIRCRAFT SHADOWS OFF if you have them turned on, you will notice quite a big FPS increase also by doing this. 
Skyways1142 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyways1142 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2011 at 5:33am
Originally posted by John Goodwin John Goodwin wrote:

Two questions from me:-

1.  Do you have AIRCRAFT SHADOWS turned ON
  2. When you see the problem are you are an airport where you have a THIRD PARTY AIRPORT SCENERY installed.

I get a similar problem, I just see the nav lights with some AIA and DJC models, if I have shadows turned on and I am using the AEROSOFT AMSTERDAM scenery.

Try turning AIRCRAFT SHADOWS OFF if you have them turned on, you will notice quite a big FPS increase also by doing this. 

This is a known issue with ALL the Aerosoft airport add-ons I have had for review:
Madeira, Aarlanda, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Heathrow etc, etc.
Turning OFF the aircraft shadows is one way of dealing with the issue - another is to use/not use "mips" - they can't make their minds up Confused.
I find that aircraft shadows lend some perspective to the 'plane/ground relationship so have it turned ON all the time.
At around 12 - 13 Gb for these sceneries (each) I uninstalled them and put in their place some freeware files at only around 50Kb each. Obviously not the same degree of detail but more than enough to make it look good and not a drain on CPU resources Smile

Apologies for horning into the thread - just confirming your issue.

Ken Wink
Three Greens and soft landings,
Skyways1142.
John Goodwin View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2011 at 7:25am
The shadows problem is a know issue in FSX, I am afraid that we just have to live with it..
IANWEL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IANWEL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2011 at 4:48pm
I installed the packages with the woai installer as instructed, I am not aware of Power Pack unless it's the same . I rarely have aircraft shadows on , as you say it saves fps . I am not at third party airports . I have tried with my graphic settings very high and minimal , to no avail . I have now removed the packages from ut2 but not sure how to use the bgl file that was mentioned . Confused
Dave_YVRATC View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2011 at 4:59pm
 IANWEL, can you post your hardware specs including video drivers and also you graphics settings used in FSX?
  You should also be aware that the WOAI installer has nothing to do with UT2 so I'm curious as to how you are removing these packages from UT2?

Give us some info so we can try to help, high and low settings doesn't really mean much.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic