Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic 2 for FSX > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

World of AI Installer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaycee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World of AI Installer
    Posted: April-26-2011 at 10:30pm
Hello -

I'm having a tough time with the WOAI installer. I'm trying to add Boeing Business Jets, Hawkers etc. The installer keeps giving me an unhandled error message. Has anyone come across a fix for this?

Dave_YVRATC View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2011 at 11:24pm
Use it to extract the files to your desktop and then move to FSX from there. You'll also want to use the powerpack to get the flightplans into FSX as the WOAI installer doesn't convert the plans to FSX.
Jaycee1 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaycee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2011 at 1:42pm
Dave -

I'm a novice at this.  I'm really unclear as to the steps in how to do this. Ok, if I understand it, I really don't need the installer. I just extract the WOAI pack to my desk top and add the files as I did for say UPS or FedEx?

Joe
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2011 at 3:45pm
 Exactly, you still use the installer but just to extract the WOAI files to a folder on your desktop.

From there you can copy/move the aircraft into your Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes folder (or where ever you've chosen to store your ai aicraft). Then use the UT2 powerpack to import the flightplans.
Jaycee1 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaycee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2011 at 7:24pm
Dave - I have no idea how to get the WOAI installer to extract the files. I can't seem to do anything but make it produce an error message. I've worked on this for about six hours the last two days. What else can I try except ask for a walk through the steps?

Joe
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2011 at 2:10am
 It's pretty simple, download the WOAI package you want to extract and unzip it so that you have a .woai file and a readme. Now open your WoAI installer and where it says Select WOAI package to install point it to your newly unzipped file.
 It doesn't matter if your now select FS2004 or FSX as you'll copy the files over yourself.

Check the box for Extract files for manual extraction and also for Decompile Flightplan.
Where it says Select and output directory point it to your desktop (for convenience)  and then press the next button, check the I agree and then extract.  You will then have a folder on your desktop in the name of what ever airline package you just extracted.
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2011 at 1:06pm
One small correction, if I may. You don't need to unzip the download. Just place the zip file in the same directory as the WOAI installer.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2011 at 4:59pm
You may indeed! Either way works so what ever is easier for you.
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2011 at 6:20pm
Jaycee1,

Do you want to use the WoAI package just to install the aircraft, so that you can use UT2 to assign the textures to an existing airline, or do you want to install the whole package, including the WoAI flightplan?
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Jaycee1 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaycee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2011 at 9:38am

Hi Guys -

Thanks for all the help. I wanted to install the whole package, but ran into the dreaded error message. So, I took Dave's approach and installed the BBJ package via his instructions. It worked. I am most grateful. The only thing I ran into was having to add 70 BBJs manually to Powerpack and adding them into UT. So, now I'm wondering if I'll have to add the 300 odd Gulfstream IVs the same way. To answer the question.....yes I'd like to add the entire package.

Joe
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2011 at 11:04am
Usually with GA aircraft like BBJ, I don't bother to install them in UT, because they are not scheduled airlines. I just let WoAI install their BGL-type traffic files in FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Jaycee1 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaycee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2011 at 1:14pm
Yes, I totally agree. Since I had a problem with the intaller coming up with the error message, I went with Dave's option. Well, guess I'll be spending a few hours adding them. May have to rethink the whole thing.......
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2011 at 1:37pm
Jaycee1,

If you choose to let the installer add the whole package into FSX, it will automatically install the aircraft & textures into the correct folder. I always place them in the FSX/SimObjects/UT2 Aircraft folder, and you can configure the WoAI installer to do that. If you then decide that you want to add the airline to UT2 instead, all you have to do is decompile the .BGL file with Ttools, then use Powerpack to add the airline to UT2's database. Once completed, delete the .BGL file or rename it, to avoid duplicate flights.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Jaycee1 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaycee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2011 at 2:54pm
If at all possible (now that I know) I'd rather keep them outside of UT2. I know how to put the BGLs into the Scenery\World\Scenery folder without any problems. My only concern there is that the files say they are for both FS9 and FSX, so I'm wondering if I might have a compatibility problem if I don't use the WOAI installer, which has been a problem for me. 
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2011 at 10:47pm
One thing to bear in mind using the bgl method is that the WOAI installer will the add the bgl but still in the FS2004 format, meaning they flights will be a day off unless converted to FSX format.

You can add your ai aircraft to any folder you choose/create just be sure to add the correct line into your FSX/cfg similar to this.

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=Aircraft
SimObjectPaths.7=D:\FSX\SimObjects\Military AI

Each entry is simply a folder that FSX will look to for needed aircraft/vehicles etc.
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2011 at 5:14pm
Dave is correct. WoAI files are in fs2004 format, which means that they are all one day out in FSX. This probably doesn't matter with General Aviation, but it does with commercial airlines.

UT2's PowerPack converts the files to FSX format if you want to add them to UT2's database.

There is also a small utility which will convert .BGL files to FSX format if you don't want to add them to UT2. It's AIFPC_2010.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Jaycee1 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaycee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2011 at 11:51am
Hi Guys -

Again, I want to thank you for all your help. I ran AIFPC last night. Not sure it I did it right though. I'm a little lost about whether I need to move the converted .BGL files to the scenery\world\scenery file, or if the program does it automatically. Also, is there a limit to the number of .BGLs that FSX limits?
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2011 at 4:50pm
You only have to insure, in AIFPC Options menu, that it points to your FSX main folder. Also, tick the boxes to convert FS9 airports to FSX and renumber FS9 to FSX days. The BGL file will automatically be placed in the correct Scenery/World/Scenery folder.

I find it convenient to place the decompiled .txt files in the AIFPC folder first before compiling.

I don't know if there are any limits to the number of .BGL files that FSX can accept. If there is, it must be a lot, because I've heard of some with over 200 of them!
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2011 at 5:07pm
You can have as many traffic bgl's as you'd like. I had over 900 before UT2.
Jaycee1 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaycee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2011 at 1:34pm

I have compiled via AIFPC (green message). However, I see no Hawker, Beech, Lear or Gulfstream AI. I see BBJ, Global Express and Challenger AI. I have my FSX traffic settings all set at 100% excluding default airline traffic. Is it possible that my sliders are to high i.e. ground traffic, boat traffic etc. Or, could it be an afcad issue?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic