Print Page | Close Window

Ultimate Traffic Live – Preview

Printed From: Ultimate Traffic Forums
Category: Ultimate Traffic Live
Forum Name: General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
Forum Description: For general information and screen captures of Ultimate Traffic Live - Not for support.
URL: http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=14645
Printed Date: June-25-2017 at 10:04pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Ultimate Traffic Live – Preview
Posted By: Steve Halpern
Subject: Ultimate Traffic Live – Preview
Date Posted: March-17-2017 at 3:50pm
Hi,

Ultimate Traffic Live is getting closer. There is a lot new in this version, including a complete rewrite of the traffic engine, routes based on real-world SIDS/STARS, and some other neat features.

UTLive is compatible with FSX Boxed/FSX Steam/Prepar3D v2/Prepar3d v3.

More info will be coming out soon.

Hope you enjoy some of these preview pictures!

Brand new interface...

You can view many different statistics...

Many configurable simulation options...

Flight map showing plans in flight information of included flights...

Flight view in the Statistics page...

Live status board with flight information taken directly from the simulator. There is also a separate status board in the main interface to view when not using the simulator.

-------------
Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Replies:
Posted By: cobranator
Date Posted: March-18-2017 at 4:23pm
Wow!! Amazing new version of UT!

How about performance?? Will the FPS finally improve?

Also, will the new "Live AI Traffic" interact with the Simulator's ATC?

Thank you and looking forward to a soon release...

Cheers!

Rafael

Posted By: AirVette
Date Posted: March-19-2017 at 2:06am
This looks terrific!  I'll buy it but one major question.  P3D 64-bit is in beta.  Will you be supporting it?  If so you have a sale.

Posted By: zkerr8
Date Posted: March-19-2017 at 8:47am
WOW.....this looks amazing!  I was hoping for a new version of UT2...looks like you answered that calling!  Thank you.  Quick question....I noticed the app is called UT Live....does the "Live" mean it will pull data from actual real-time flights?  Or is the AI traffic spawned from a predetermined schedule similar to UT2?

Great job...cant wait to buy it when its released!

Date Posted: March-19-2017 at 8:51am
FPS is adjustable, so you would have to make some adjustments through the interface. I will post some new pics showing the settings.

ATC programs should work fine, as the traffic is injected into the simulator, so the simulation should be aware of the traffic.

The Live concept is not based around ATC, but more about how the simulation can adapt to different scenarios or conditions within the sim. For example, flight delays.

The size of the program is considerably smaller on disk, because instead of pre-packing all the route interval points, it is flight plan based. So you can import custom routings if you want. This gives the simulator a lot of flexibility.

About P3D v4, and of course the upcoming sim from Dovetail...

At this point we have no idea about how this product would work with those sims. We will have to see them first! But of course we will see if UTLive can be made compatible with them.

-------------
Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Date Posted: March-19-2017 at 9:44am
Here are a few pictures of the settings screens...

http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=14647&title=preview-additional-setting-screens" rel="nofollow - http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=14647&title=preview-additional-setting-screens

-------------
Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Date Posted: March-19-2017 at 9:49am
This is a nice full screen view of the GUI Map Screen showing the schedule data and flight plans. You can click on any plane to get its flight information.

-------------
Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Posted By: jlund
Date Posted: March-19-2017 at 10:31am
How often is it planned to update with new repaints, airlines, flightplans etc. and will it be paid updates? Or will it be possible to update with selfmade flightplans, repaints, aircraft models like military and GA traffic?

Jlund

Posted By: Ifikratis
Date Posted: March-19-2017 at 11:49am
Thank you very much for the new version! I have two questions I'd be glad to get answered.

Forgive me if I haven't seen it somewhere, but I'd like to ask, if the owners of UT2 will get a possibility for an upgrade fee for the new version. I just bought UT2 last month.

Also, besides being very satisfied with UT2, my only complain are the outdated liveries. So, I started using other AI packages to have the latest models and liveries using the UT2 interface to install them. My second question is, would the new version of UT have the latest liveries? And if not, would the UT2 users be able to import their current AI models and liveries to the new version without much tweaking?

Posted By: swaluver88
Date Posted: March-19-2017 at 2:43pm
Hello,

Im running off of P3D V3.14 and im really looking to buy UT2 and this looks great. Whats the ETA?

Posted By: mehdiali
Date Posted: March-19-2017 at 5:46pm
looks nice but i hope the textures acctually look nice, the ut2 ones look horrendous and havent been updated for years, the liveries are oudated a few years too... 

-------------
mehdi ali

Posted By: b767
Date Posted: March-19-2017 at 10:01pm
When is release date? And how much it will  be cost? Thank you

Posted By: grayal
Date Posted: March-19-2017 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by mehdiali mehdiali wrote:

looks nice but i hope the textures acctually look nice, the ut2 ones look horrendous and havent been updated for years, the liveries are oudated a few years too... 

Really there is. No excuse for dated liveries and horrendous textures. You have always had the ability to update textures and models.

Cant wait for the new version. Just stick with supporting us!!

Posted By: regulate
Date Posted: March-20-2017 at 1:19am
Well, I have lot of questions, but I will try a limit it a bit.

1) To clarify, is this actual live traffic (code written into the program of live world wide traffic based upon live radar returns) or built in schedules? 
2) Will I be able to replace the AI models that come with program with the models I wish to use, for instance if I want to substitute and use FAIB or FSP models in place of whatever models come with the program?
3)  Will I be able to utilize specialty liveries, such as star alliance, special promotional tails such as Frontier, aircraft with new colors when they change their livery etc and change them as I see fit within the program to match real world?
4)  Will I be able to add aircraft types (say I wanted to add a Beech 65 Queen for Bemidji) and airlines (even small cargo carriers, etc) that you many not provide in the original release?
5) Very intrigued that you were able to rewrite the AI approaches.  That is worth the price of admission.  Will AI work as it does now with current AFCADS?  

It's obviously huge deal if this can be made compatible with P3D V4 64 bit.  Thanks in advance. 

-------------
P3D 3.2

Posted By: keino333
Date Posted: March-20-2017 at 7:56am
Will it automatically recognize native FSX/P3D AI if I take them from my existing UTII (2016 and new models) so I don't have to go in and reassign each one?

Posted By: tedporter
Date Posted: March-20-2017 at 9:03am
Hi,

Will you be able to run the application on a second networked PC to reduce some of the processing overhead and then update the main FS PC via Simconnect or FSUIPC?

Thanks.

Posted By: Sabre
Date Posted: March-20-2017 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by tedporter tedporter wrote:

Hi,

Will you be able to run the application on a second networked PC to reduce some of the processing overhead and then update the main FS PC via Simconnect or FSUIPC?

Thanks.

Yes, I'm interested too.

Sabre

Posted By: FlyTweety
Date Posted: March-21-2017 at 12:16pm
I really looking forward to the day, when the marketing speech will be replaced by hard facts!

What does UT live REALLY do?
What means the "LIVE", live schedules based on traffic bords, live in terms of "allways under control" like PSXseecon, i don´t know.

Currently im not interested in statistics but interested how UT live generate and control AI Traffic. Is it still "AI" or like PSXseecon "Copy & Paste" from reality?

And the major question: How will UTL interact with me and own traffic in terms of SID/STAR, keep the seperation, kollision avoidance on ground...
So many open questions.

-------------
Call me "Tweety"

Posted By: ahuimanu
Date Posted: March-21-2017 at 12:28pm
Hi Steve,

We needed this yesterday!  I have recently returned to VATSIM and, while it is rewarding, coverage and audio quality remain issues.  Ever since moving to P3D, I've missed UT appreciably.  Sometimes I just want to be in the AI environment and see traffic at the airports.  I always appreciated how optimized UT was and warmly welcome its return.

Date Posted: March-21-2017 at 6:47pm
We will post more info shortly.

In the mean time, here is what was posted in another forum thread...

To clarify what UTLive is about (in a short summary)...

We do not mean to cause any confusion. It is not connected to a data feed, which is limited and does not have worldwide coverage and non-airline traffic.

The actual core simulation is completely rewritten to behave very different from its predecessor.

Of course some configuration settings are the same, but that would be obviously universal to this type of product. Generic repaints can now be toggled on or off is a new option, as well as other options that are that were not part of UT2. (Edit - Generic repaints will be disabled by default).

Now, the live aspect, or you could say "living", is that cause and effect is factored into the simulator.

UT2 was completely static. Every step was hard-set in the data. You start at Tuesday at noon, you get XYZ. You start at Tuesday at noon again, you get the exact same XYZ. If weather was different, it would not matter.

The new simulation is not preset on data points at intervals along a route. Note the size of UT2. UTLive is actually considerably smaller because of the new engine. Maybe 66% smaller.  With the simulation engine using flight plans, it helps us have more fluid control of the world you see and are flying in.

A plane may be delayed because of weather conditions in various regions. There may be maintenance delays. And this effects the entire ecosystem. When a plane is delayed, it affects its arrival, and next departure. Bad weather in a region may cause many delays in another region that has good weather, as planes have not arrived yet. So the simulator responds accordingly, even to a single flight delay.

Each time you load UTLive, the experience would be different. It is not a static experience, it is more a "living" environment,

This is how the product is being built. We want more chances for you will see a plane along the real-world route you may be flying. We want it to be more of a real experience all-around for simmers.

-------------
Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Posted By: domc712
Date Posted: March-22-2017 at 9:04am
Will the UTLive engine have any control over AI separation, dynamic airpseeds, particularly on final approaches?

One thing I really hope would be implemented is a kind of "select all" feature when editing flights in the UT2 Flight Options menu. This way when editing flight densities and repaints, you're able to do multiple if not all flights simultaneously rather than the long-winded one-by-one process.

Posted By: simsuper80
Date Posted: March-22-2017 at 10:08am
is the a350 and 787-9 in there?

Date Posted: March-22-2017 at 1:42pm
Thank you for reply.
Now i understand better what "live" is standing for.
Interesting attempt. Though i literaly can hear the complaints "i cannot see flight xxx, the Aircraft should be there at 12:00..."

And the anwer will allways be "the flightplan is ok, the flight is delayed, that´ś live" .

But will the new engine will go so far that flights will be diverted to other Airports in the vincity due to bad weather or return to the origin Airport because of a "medical emergency"?

By the way, will there be a switch/ slider to have influence to the "live" aspect?
Because, what i really appreciate at UT2 is the possibility to reassign Aircrafts and Liverys at runtime and reset the traffic. For testing purposes is was perfect to reinject traffic at a certain time at a certain place without restarting the sim

Looking forward to more detailed informations. Especially to approaches, will is use the default system (c**p), will it bring a own system, or maybe even better, will it work "seamless" with Roland Forsters AI Controller (promising, but still under development). I would appreciate it

-------------
Call me "Tweety"

Posted By: diseased
Date Posted: March-22-2017 at 4:15pm
will GA aircraft also be subject to delays? I have to admit, when using UT2 and watching C152s flying in 200 and 1/2 or icing conditions does reduce the realism for us GA flyers.

It would be a neat feature to limit aircraft types to equipment configurations or reasonable flights (152s mostly VFR pattern work while barrons do mostly cross country all weather)

Posted By: RALF9636
Date Posted: March-23-2017 at 2:46am
Hi,

I am excited to see there will be a new version of Ultimate Traffic!

Would you please consider to extend the options to control the performance hit of the AI traffic.

I imagine something like this:

Let the user define the departure and arrival airports and then have two separate traffic density settings - one for all the flights in and out of only these two airports and one separately for all flights in and out of all other airports.

So for example you could fly into KLGA with a setting of 100 % for the departure and arrival to have all the traffic there. But you could have the setting for all other airports (including KJFK, KEWR and KTEB) set far lower or even to zero. So all the aircraft in and out of - or parked at - the surrounding airports (that you would rarely even see but that still heavily affect the performance) could be eliminated.
I guess that would help a lot with performance in particular when flying into a major hub in a dense city area with a lot of other airports around.

Thank you!

Ralf

Date Posted: March-23-2017 at 12:09pm
When he makes it similar to UT2 it is already easy.

You simply open the UT2 Menue, put the slider on 100% at the hillbilly Airport and while on enroute, you move the slider to 40% and reset the traffic. That's it.

-------------
Call me "Tweety"

Posted By: RALF9636
Date Posted: March-23-2017 at 12:17pm
Yes, that's what I do. But then I will also only have 40 % at my arrival airport. If I want all the traffic at my arrival airport I have to increase the slider again. But then all the traffic at the other airports nearby also is increased - eating up performance without really been seen.
That's why I'd like to have different sliders for my arrival airport and all the others.

Posted By: brettjblog
Date Posted: March-24-2017 at 6:30am
Originally posted by simsuper80 simsuper80 wrote:

is the a350 and 787-9 in there?

Yes i can confirm this to be true.
Regards Brett.

Date Posted: March-24-2017 at 12:04pm
Depends on which manufacturer if this is great or senseless

-------------
Call me "Tweety"

Posted By: ScottecLEMD
Date Posted: March-25-2017 at 10:40am
FSP

-------------
Kenneth Brattey

May all your flights be ontime!

Posted By: space_coast
Date Posted: March-25-2017 at 1:10pm
Has the problem been solved, that an Ai aircraft needs to have a turnaround time of 45 minutes, so that when an airplane lands later than originally planned, there is not a spawning of a separate ai aircraft needed?

For instance, when I use UT2 and fly from Zurich to London LHR, there are approx.4 SWISS aircraft on the ground, but there should be only two (from Geneva and Zurich). UT2 does spwan an extra aircraft, when the other one arrives too late, hence is not able to have a shorter turnaround time.

Thanks 
Jan

Date Posted: March-26-2017 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by ScottecLEMD ScottecLEMD wrote:

FSP

Then the aswer is "great" Thumbs Up

-------------
Call me "Tweety"

Posted By: tuomasho
Date Posted: April-02-2017 at 10:29am
Hi again,

can anyone tell me that does this product work also in other computer, than the P3D? So, can I install this to my instructor station, not to the visual pc?

-=Tuomas=-

Posted By: Jeff Smith
Date Posted: April-02-2017 at 10:55am
Originally posted by tuomasho tuomasho wrote:

Hi again,

can anyone tell me that does this product work also in other computer, than the P3D? So, can I install this to my instructor station, not to the visual pc?

-=Tuomas=-

Hello,

No, the software does not work via a networked computer.

-------------
Keep the Blue Side UP!

Jeff Smith --x-O-x--
Flight One Software
Sales Support

Posted By: unc1rlm1
Date Posted: April-02-2017 at 5:19pm
Hey Steve..can UT Live be networked?

Thank you,
Bob Morehead

-------------
Bob Morehead

Posted By: unc1rlm1
Date Posted: April-02-2017 at 5:20pm
never mind I just noticed the post above mine about not being networked lol...Maybe in the future :)

Bob Morehead

-------------
Bob Morehead

Date Posted: April-10-2017 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by RALF9636 RALF9636 wrote:

Yes, that's what I do. But then I will also only have 40 % at my arrival airport. If I want all the traffic at my arrival airport I have to increase the slider again. But then all the traffic at the other airports nearby also is increased - eating up performance without really been seen.
That's why I'd like to have different sliders for my arrival airport and all the others.

I like your thought here, but would that put more of a load onto the application? It sound like you're asking it to think a little more whereby valuable memory maybe required (VAS).  The problem I see is that if the application is "Live"  as it has been described, wouldn't some conflicts occur being that 100% of the traffic at one location and reduced or zero % at another?  What happens to the traffic at the 100% field?  Would they even show up considering where they are going is set at reduced or 0%?

I would just reduce the traffic globally and make any adjustments on the fly. 

I'm surprised, I don't have a perform impact with it set at 100% (at places like Flytampa Amsterdam).  I do have a gate and waiting impact:).  Just slide back a notch

I'm extremely pleased with the product thus far.  Even enjoying updating some of the models.   

Date Posted: April-10-2017 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Steve Halpern Steve Halpern wrote:

We will post more info shortly.

In the mean time, here is what was posted in another forum thread...

To clarify what UTLive is about (in a short summary)...

We do not mean to cause any confusion. It is not connected to a data feed, which is limited and does not have worldwide coverage and non-airline traffic.

The actual core simulation is completely rewritten to behave very different from its predecessor.

Of course some configuration settings are the same, but that would be obviously universal to this type of product. Generic repaints can now be toggled on or off is a new option, as well as other options that are that were not part of UT2. (Edit - Generic repaints will be disabled by default).

Now, the live aspect, or you could say "living", is that cause and effect is factored into the simulator.

UT2 was completely static. Every step was hard-set in the data. You start at Tuesday at noon, you get XYZ. You start at Tuesday at noon again, you get the exact same XYZ. If weather was different, it would not matter.

The new simulation is not preset on data points at intervals along a route. Note the size of UT2. UTLive is actually considerably smaller because of the new engine. Maybe 66% smaller.  With the simulation engine using flight plans, it helps us have more fluid control of the world you see and are flying in.

A plane may be delayed because of weather conditions in various regions. There may be maintenance delays. And this effects the entire ecosystem. When a plane is delayed, it affects its arrival, and next departure. Bad weather in a region may cause many delays in another region that has good weather, as planes have not arrived yet. So the simulator responds accordingly, even to a single flight delay.

Each time you load UTLive, the experience would be different. It is not a static experience, it is more a "living" environment,

This is how the product is being built. We want more chances for you will see a plane along the real-world route you may be flying. We want it to be more of a real experience all-around for simmers.

So populating the skies with say BBJ by way of an older flightplans would not compromise performance in anyway?  So I can import Ultimate Business GA flightplans and "Live" will manage them accordingly?

Date Posted: April-11-2017 at 9:11am
Can you share if FedEx , UPS and DHL schedules ..similarly Cargolux schedules will be forthcoming?
thx

Date Posted: April-11-2017 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by keino333 keino333 wrote:

So populating the skies with say BBJ by way of an older flightplans would not compromise performance in anyway?  So I can import Ultimate Business GA flightplans and "Live" will manage them accordingly?

Performance is relative and it will depend on your individual system settings.  If you find an AI friend BBJ, then yes, your impact should be minimal.

-------------
Keep the Blue Side UP!

Jeff Smith --x-O-x--
Flight One Software
Sales Support

Date Posted: April-11-2017 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by keino333 keino333 wrote:

Can you share if FedEx , UPS and DHL schedules ..similarly Cargolux schedules will be forthcoming?
thx

Not sure if anything is planned at this time.  Our focus is finalizing the core product right now.

-------------
Keep the Blue Side UP!

Jeff Smith --x-O-x--
Flight One Software
Sales Support

Posted By: speedbird1
Date Posted: April-12-2017 at 3:31am
Hi All
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask but here goes.

I have installed in P3D everything is awesome apart 1 thing.  Mt status board is always one day ahead ie today it states it Thursday and not Wednesday.  All my dates and times are set ok in P3D the PC and Ultimate traffic Live program itself.

Thank for your help,

-------------
Ian Allaway

Posted By: speedbird1
Date Posted: April-12-2017 at 4:06am
Please ignore the above, i have posted in the correct forum.

-------------
Ian Allaway

Posted By: Faelandaea
Date Posted: April-15-2017 at 12:48am
I used to use UT2 a long while back in the FSX days.  Can't seem to remember my old login for that, but my actual username of preference wasn;t taken so here I am.

Either way, I wanted to follow this thread as this looks like an absolutely fantastic product.  I have been without AI traffic during the entire time I have been using P3D because I didn;t feel like making 50,000 changes to my simulator's core files just to try to "hack" UT2 to work in v3.  So it is a great relief to know that a new traffic program is coming from a reputable developer.  

I purchased 360 as well and ... oh gods was that almost an instant uninstall.  When I loaded my sim and some program that claims to have "realistic traffic" put commercial airliners at my GA home airport ... ugh.

Anyway, thank you guys in advance for developing this and I do hope I get to see it within the next few years.  :)

Posted By: gek_the_reaper
Date Posted: April-27-2017 at 2:49pm
Hello guys,
congrats upon the rework and soft release of your new product!

I've read all the post in this topic and did not find a satisfaying answer regarding the performance. If find it good that there is a new slider for adjusting the FPS but I think that the answer that all of us are waiting for is, quite frankly, missing.
We, or I, will want to know if under the same prerequisites e.g. UT2 Traffic sliders to 70%, FPS slider to 30 and the same setting for UTLive, what performance and VAS usage you get?
In other words, I would like to know if I gain / loose or have the same impact with the new version (it might be the case that the new F-PLN based model and e.g. reworked ACFT texturing has been improved).

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards, Gerald.

Posted By: Faelandaea
Date Posted: April-27-2017 at 9:42pm
I just hope that this will work in P3D v4 when it releases.  Until i can run 64 bit i cannot use traffic at all as I get VAS issues whenever I use traffic with any airliner add-on.  I also can;t use PacSim's KSLC at all with any traffic enabled or I get a VAS.

That's the ONLY thing keeping me from buying this over the weekend.  I want it, but unfortunately can't run it yet.

Did I miss in this thread where there might be support for P3Dv4 when it comes out?

-------------
Faelandaea has been acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.

Date Posted: April-29-2017 at 2:37pm
Will there be modern repaints as well? (new Alaska and southwest liveries, the KLM livery. I believe air Canada's planes are getting new liveries as well)

Date Posted: April-29-2017 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by gek_the_reaper gek_the_reaper wrote:

Hello guys,

I've read all the post in this topic and did not find a satisfaying answer regarding the performance. If find it good that there is a new slider for adjusting the FPS but I think that the answer that all of us are waiting for is, quite frankly, missing.
We, or I, will want to know if under the same prerequisites e.g. UT2 Traffic sliders to 70%, FPS slider to 30 and the same setting for UTLive, what performance and VAS usage you get?
In other words, I would like to know if I gain / loose or have the same impact with the new version (it might be the case that the new F-PLN based model and e.g. reworked ACFT texturing has been improved).

Regards, Gerald.

Gerald,

This is all system dependent as I mentioned before and where you are located within the sim.  One of the advantages is that you UT Live is a separate program that runs outside the sim, so it should help with VAS.  As far as numbers, these will vary depending on your configuration, what other addons are running, etc.

-------------
Keep the Blue Side UP!

Jeff Smith --x-O-x--
Flight One Software
Sales Support

Date Posted: April-29-2017 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Faelandaea Faelandaea wrote:

I just hope that this will work in P3D v4 when it releases.  Until i can run 64 bit i cannot use traffic at all as I get VAS issues whenever I use traffic with any airliner add-on.  I also can;t use PacSim's KSLC at all with any traffic enabled or I get a VAS.

That's the ONLY thing keeping me from buying this over the weekend.  I want it, but unfortunately can't run it yet.

Did I miss in this thread where there might be support for P3Dv4 when it comes out?

No one knows what or if UT Live will be supported or will work with P3Dv4 as it is not out yet.  You can always try UT Live to see if it will work out for you.  We have a 30 day refund policy from the date of purchase if you are not satisfied with the product. Wink

-------------
Keep the Blue Side UP!

Jeff Smith --x-O-x--
Flight One Software
Sales Support

Date Posted: April-29-2017 at 7:57pm

Will there be modern repaints as well? (new Alaska and southwest liveries, the KLM livery. I believe air Canada's planes are getting new liveries as well)

Hello,

Not sure what modern repaints will be made available in the final release.  There should be some, and others will come via the community once the package has been released officially.

-------------
Keep the Blue Side UP!

Jeff Smith --x-O-x--
Flight One Software
Sales Support

Posted By: jumbojet
Date Posted: May-01-2017 at 5:06am
Sadly I hade to abandon UTL at the moment, and return to MyTraffic 6..this beta release it's under payment, it's not acceptable there are big missing like FEDEX and UPS..this is incredible for payware soft, incredible see desert in KMEM.
Some post where some admin remind to use 3d parts aircraft, 3d parts schedule, 3d parts repaints, to a wild research, that's so easy to install. I tried all the possible solution, no luck with p3d here..all are obsolete aircraft ai and tools..
So, pls consider seriously to implement Fedex and Ups in the official UTLive release, I think Flight1 is a serious software house.

A very disappointed customer

Posted By: gek_the_reaper
Date Posted: May-01-2017 at 8:02am
Originally posted by Jeff Smith Jeff Smith wrote:

Originally posted by gek_the_reaper gek_the_reaper wrote:

Hello guys,

Regards, Gerald.

Gerald,

This is all system dependent as I mentioned before and where you are located within the sim.  One of the advantages is that you UT Live is a separate program that runs outside the sim, so it should help with VAS.  As far as numbers, these will vary depending on your configuration, what other addons are running, etc.

Hey Jeff, there is no need to make it more complicated then it is. You guys surely have some Test PC where you are testing the products. And thos might not just run a vanilla FSX or P3D on them or are they?
So if you have those, you can just make a simple test and post the outcome :).

Performance issue left beside: I just purchased UTL as upgrade to my UT2 Boxed edition.
Pro's:
-Coupon worked
-download worked
-installing was a "click and forget" action mainly
-traffic loads up as it should
-they also do some flying around
-VAS indeed looks better

Con's:
- I think the inbuild contrails are still not DX10 compatible (DX10 fixer solves that)
- i'm not that experienced in flying but I think AI flyes the wrond ALT (not ODD-North-East)
http://www.lapeeraviation.com/odd-north-east/" rel="nofollow - http://www.lapeeraviation.com/odd-north-east/

I was flying W on a HDG of 280° at FL340 and had AI flying E on the same FL.

Date Posted: May-01-2017 at 10:17am
Originally posted by jumbojet jumbojet wrote:

Sadly I hade to abandon UTL at the moment, and return to MyTraffic 6..this beta release it's under payment, it's not acceptable there are big missing like FEDEX and UPS..this is incredible for payware soft, incredible see desert in KMEM.
Some post where some admin remind to use 3d parts aircraft, 3d parts schedule, 3d parts repaints, to a wild research, that's so easy to install. I tried all the possible solution, no luck with p3d here..all are obsolete aircraft ai and tools..
So, pls consider seriously to implement Fedex and Ups in the official UTLive release, I think Flight1 is a serious software house.

A very disappointed customer

There are tons of liveries and models available on the internet.

1. http://www.jcai.dk" rel="nofollow - www.jcai.dk
2. http://www.juergenbaumbusch.de" rel="nofollow - www.juergenbaumbusch.de
3. http://www.flyingcarpet75.com" rel="nofollow - www.flyingcarpet75.com #

And if that is not enough, try Flightsim.com or Avsim.com

The benefit of UTL and it's predecessor, UT2, is the ability to add your own aircraft and liveries as desired.

The problem with cargo airlines is that they do no publish a timetable unlike passenger carrying airlines. You can head over to Alpha India Group where you can find details of these airlines.

-------------
Kenneth Brattey

Date Posted: May-01-2017 at 2:22pm
this is very boring..again, I tried several link and sources,  no result for P3D V3.4 .
If you have the ready pack (working tool to build AI well into P3D + flightplans FEDEX + complete Fedex fleet with model and textures compatible with that flight plans) than, you have well replied and give the right solution. Otherwise, don't mention external source, this is PAYWARE soft! 
Concerning the timetable, how other payware and licensed software for traffic well populate any cargo traffic?..this is a big miss and customers like me which fly with cargo can't accept

Date Posted: May-01-2017 at 3:51pm
I have all the FEDEX models and associated timetable!

-------------
Kenneth Brattey

Date Posted: May-01-2017 at 5:05pm
P3d? Share pls or send all sources in Pm

Date Posted: May-01-2017 at 11:30pm
I've already posted all the links.

-------------
Kenneth Brattey

Date Posted: May-02-2017 at 2:25am
are you serious? Did you check before post?that Links does not have the requested topic

Date Posted: May-02-2017 at 3:11am

this is very boring..again, I tried several link and sources,  no result for P3D V3.4 .
If you have the ready pack (working tool to build AI well into P3D + flightplans FEDEX + complete Fedex fleet with model and textures compatible with that flight plans) than, you have well replied and give the right solution. Otherwise, don't mention external source, this is PAYWARE soft! 
Concerning the timetable, how other payware and licensed software for traffic well populate any cargo traffic?..this is a big miss and customers like me which fly with cargo can't accept

You are obviously having trouble reading or the ability to use the mouse and click a link.

https://jcai.dk/tag/fedex/" rel="nofollow - https://jcai.dk/tag/fedex/

http://www.juergenbaumbusch.de/?cat=335

I suggest you help yourself from now on as your arrogant attitude is not worthy of further responses from me.

-------------
Kenneth Brattey

Date Posted: May-02-2017 at 6:21am
you have obviously problem to understand...
that's nothing to do with the fleet + schedules 
just atr+md11 fsx texture..I'm not arrogant but I can't see people post something just to increase their post in a forum.

Posted By: Dave_YVRATC
Date Posted: May-02-2017 at 12:20pm

obsolete aircraft ai and tools..

You talk about obsolete aircraft but then mention going back to using MyT6? The models used in that are archaic and look horrible in the sim. Regarding schedules, the ones used in MyT are mostly fictitious as it is.
 Simply add FedEx and UPS outside of UTL if you want them so bad using the links above. At least then you'll have good looking traffic operating on realistic schedules. Put a bit of time into it and be rewarded.

Date Posted: May-02-2017 at 2:04pm
I'm agree with you that the look of UTL is far better than MYT and also frame rate is very very good..I just strongly desire fedex fleet because i mainly fly with that model..i will try again to find a solution but I would like to see a UTL team feedback to implement that in the payware soft..just that

Date Posted: May-02-2017 at 3:47pm
I hope they will have the 737s with those split singlets.

Posted By: Dave_YVRATC
Date Posted: May-02-2017 at 8:41pm

Those you just add yourself, they are free. http://fsxaibureau.com/manufacturing/" rel="nofollow - http://fsxaibureau.com/manufacturing/

Date Posted: May-03-2017 at 1:34am
Originally posted by Dave_YVRATC Dave_YVRATC wrote:

Those you just add yourself, they are free. http://fsxaibureau.com/manufacturing/" rel="nofollow - http://fsxaibureau.com/manufacturing/

Oh that I know, but I was wondering about the release version of ultimate traffic live.

Posted By: bsmavollan
Date Posted: May-03-2017 at 1:43pm

You will most likely not find anything anywhere that is tagged p3d 3.4. Most is fs9 and fra. But the work flawlessly in p3d any version in 99% of the time.

Date Posted: May-03-2017 at 2:22pm
How will adding repaints be handeled in this new version? Are we still having to be bothered with the ui_variation to differentiate between paints? Or is this changed to title which need to be individually named in order to work?

Quite annoying having to change uivar for 80 aircraft in one company.... and multiply that by x of companies...

Posted By: freelancer
Date Posted: May-03-2017 at 4:14pm
Adding repaints in UTL is pretty much the same as UT2. Looks like a better way of limiting how many times a paint is used, if you have more than one like Frontier.

Ultimate Traffic (any version) has used the ui_variation only to differentiate between paints. If you only have one paint for an airline per aircraft, then you don't need to worry about the ui_variation. If you're like me and have several paints for an airline (like Frontier) for one aircraft, how else are you going to tell the difference between them when you go to assign them? All my ui_variation's are unique, just like my title's.

It's always been the title and the title has always needed to be unique. Even when using plans from AIG and compiling into a bgl traffic file.

Hope this helps.

-------------
Mark
P3D v3
FSX

Date Posted: May-04-2017 at 3:24am
Here is an example to show exactly what Mark means. I use the same policy but have 200% OCD

[fltsim.9]              
title                         = Airbus A318-112 British Airways G-EUNA
sim                         = A318-100
model                         = CFM
texture                         = BAW British Airways\G-EUNA
soundai                     = CFM
atc_id                         = G-EUNA
atc_airline                    = SPEEDBIRD
atc_flight_number               =
atc_heavy                    = 0
atc_parking_types               = GATE
atc_parking_codes               = BAW
ui_manufacturer                    = AI Airbus
ui_type                         = Airbus A318-100 (318)
ui_variation                    = British Airways G-EUNA
ui_typerole                    = Commercial Airliner
ui_createdby                    = FAIB
description                    = Airbus A318-112 British Airways G-EUNA
//
[fltsim.10]              
title                         = Airbus A318-112 British Airways G-EUNB
sim                         = A318-100
model                         = CFM
texture                         = BAW British Airways\G-EUNB
soundai                     = CFM
atc_id                         = G-EUNB
atc_airline                    = SPEEDBIRD
atc_flight_number               =
atc_heavy                    = 0
atc_parking_types               = GATE
atc_parking_codes               = BAW
ui_manufacturer                    = AI Airbus
ui_type                         = Airbus A318-100 (318)
ui_variation                    = British Airways G-EUNB
ui_typerole                    = Commercial Airliner
ui_createdby                    = FAIB
description                    = Airbus A318-112 British Airways

-------------
Kenneth Brattey

Date Posted: May-04-2017 at 8:06am
Originally posted by freelancer freelancer wrote:

Adding repaints in UTL is pretty much the same as UT2. Looks like a better way of limiting how many times a paint is used, if you have more than one like Frontier.

Ultimate Traffic (any version) has used the ui_variation only to differentiate between paints. If you only have one paint for an airline per aircraft, then you don't need to worry about the ui_variation. If you're like me and have several paints for an airline (like Frontier) for one aircraft, how else are you going to tell the difference between them when you go to assign them? All my ui_variation's are unique, just like my title's.

It's always been the title and the title has always needed to be unique. Even when using plans from AIG and compiling into a bgl traffic file.

Hope this helps.

I might have been misunderstood. But anyways I feel you are contradicting yourself, and make your entire post fall apart with your last sentence.

This just proves my point exactly! "The title has always needed to be unique". Exactly. The ui_variation doesn't...

I have downloaded many AiG FP's and imported to UT2. And i've spent many, many hours correcting ui_variation.
Example, these are entries as they look in juergens original file:

[fltsim.X+40]
title=FAIB Boeing 737-800w Norwegian Air Shuttle LN-NII
sim=FAIB_7378
model=winglets_SN
texture=Norwegian LN-NII
atc_id=LN-NII
atc_airline=NOR SHUTTLE
ui_manufacturer=Boeing
ui_type=737-800w NG winglet
ui_variation=Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA
ui_createdby=FAIB
description=For AI use only, Norwegian Air International LN-NII :: Repaint by Juergen Baumbusch.
atc_parking_codes=NAX
atc_parking_types=GATE

//Norwegian Air International

[fltsim.X+19]
title=FAIB Boeing 737-800w Norwegian Air International EI-FJR
sim=FAIB_7378
model=winglets
texture=Norwegian EI-FJR
atc_id=EI-FJR
atc_airline=NORTRANS
ui_manufacturer=Boeing
ui_type=737-800w NG winglet
ui_variation=Norwegian Air International Limited
ui_createdby=FAIB
description=For AI use only, Norwegian Air International  EI-FJR :: Repaint by Juergen Baumbusch.
atc_parking_codes=IBK
atc_parking_types=GATE

I've pasted x+40 and x+19 becuase all above have the same ui_variation. This is only two of the three ui's.

This Norwegian pack for instance, it contains 97 repaints with individual titles, but only three (if I remember correctly) ui_variations differating between NAX, IBK and NRS.

This then result in not beeing able to see which paint is which, and when you have added one "Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA", then you can't add another, because it is already added. even though it's another paint entirely...

And I can go on, Quatar Airways, Ryanair, SAS and counting.. :(

Ergo it would be much better to have UTL differentiate based on title, and have the title show instead.

(I also believe that the ui_variation entry is not mandatory in the cfg.)

Date Posted: May-04-2017 at 9:45am
Guys the title needs to be unique so that FSX/P3D does not complain about duplicate items. It is the Title that the sim looks for.

The ui_variation also needs to be unique otherwise you would not know which aircraft repaints you are adding. It is the ui_variation that the UTL/UT2 configuration looks for. This is why I use the aircraft Tail Number in the ui_variation section as it gets very complicated when you try to start renaming repaints based on certain factors.

I have added a whole bunch of repaints for Norwegian, Ryanair, Frontier, JetBlue etc without any difficulties.

-------------
Kenneth Brattey

Date Posted: May-04-2017 at 6:31pm

Guys the title needs to be unique so that FSX/P3D does not complain about duplicate items. It is the Title that the sim looks for.

The ui_variation also needs to be unique otherwise you would not know which aircraft repaints you are adding. It is the ui_variation that the UTL/UT2 configuration looks for. This is why I use the aircraft Tail Number in the ui_variation section as it gets very complicated when you try to start renaming repaints based on certain factors.

I have added a whole bunch of repaints for Norwegian, Ryanair, Frontier, JetBlue etc without any difficulties.

Yes, Scott. And again you prove my point.
Why shouldn't UT differentiate on titles?

As you say. The sim requires individual titles. If not, we get an error on startup.

The painters aren't required to add the ui_variation field in the cfg (for ai-planes), but when they do add it, it is not required to make it individual.

Also not even UT gives a warning when there are multiple similar ui_variation entries (before you try to add them that is), even as this is crucial for it to work in a okay manner.

I have also added these aircraft, but only after many hours of correcting cfg entries by adding the reg.number in the ui_variation.

My example cfg was copied straight out of juergens NAX pack, as it is before I edit it.

I'm not saying it's an impossible task to add the paints. Just that it could be made so much simpler, and save the end-user from using all those extra hours with editing cfg entries before they can be added.

Posted By: freelancer
Date Posted: May-05-2017 at 12:03am
@bsmavollan,

Believe it or not, we are saying the same thing. It's obvious you know what you're doing when it comes to installing AI.

This is the way UTL handles it. Maybe I should have explained it a little better.

Ultimate Traffic (any version) has used the ui_variation only to differentiate between paints.

UTL uses the ui_manufacturer, ui_type and ui_variation to help make it easier to track down the paint you are looking for to assign. This is why you need the ui_variation to be unique so that all your paints will show up for each aircraft. I use the airline name and reg #.

If you only have one paint for an airline per aircraft, then you don't need to worry about the ui_variation.

Just as I said. There is only one paint so the only thing you need to put is the airline name, nothing else.

If you're like me and have several paints for an airline (like Frontier) for one aircraft, how else are you going to tell the difference between them when you go to assign them? All my ui_variation's are unique, just like my title's.

As I mentioned, I use the airline name and reg #.

You mention the ui_variation does not need to be unique and in the same post that once you add one paint you can't add any more because UTL thinks it's already assigned. You made the ui_variarion unique and was able to assign all the paints. That's what I said.

It's always been the title and the title has always needed to be unique.

I should have said that UT always uses the title when it assigns a aircraft to a flight plan.

Even when using plans from AIG and compiling into a bgl traffic file.

I meant that the title needed to be unique even when manually installing AI.

The painters don't need to have a unique ui_variation because they're not painting for UTL's interface. They're painting them for people who manually add their AI, so to speak, where they use the title only. Since we are using the paints with UTL, we need to change the ui_variation ourselves.

I don't think using the title only to differentiate between paints is a good idea. I've built a new computer so I'm taking the time to clean up my AI. I only have the FAIB Airbus and 737's installed right now. Looking at the UTL Configuration - Installs section, I have added about 3300 textures with just those aircraft and I have a ton more to install. If UTL used the titles, you could have a list of 10,000 or more entries to look through to find the aircraft you want. The way it is now, I can narrow it down to the 673 textures I have for one aircraft. Just my opinion.

Hope this explains it better.

-------------
Mark
P3D v3
FSX

Date Posted: May-05-2017 at 12:55am
At the end of the day does it really matter? You still need to have a unique entry whether that is the Titlle or the Variation. If I have 100 Norwegian 737's with different repaints and UTL was to use the title as the differentiator then I would have 100 to add. If UTL as it is now uses the Variation then I would still need 100 unique titles and within that 100 unique variations. For me it makes no difference as my unique tital and Variation are very similar and takes very little time to add.

-------------
Kenneth Brattey

Date Posted: May-05-2017 at 4:57am
I understand that i'm not gonna get anywhere, but for the arguments sake.

Of course it matters. Because each painters is required to make unique titles. Ergo I can download, install and the assign each paint directly.
Yes I still have to click to assign the 100 paints, but I can do it right away.

Now we download and install the paints. Then we have to use an amount of time to go through the cfg to make sure each ui is unique before we can click and add the 100 paints.

What I mean is that this last way to do it is in a way that could be faster.

Og you download an AIG schedule you get quality flightplans. Even though they are made for AIFP. AIFP is Baard on the titles given in the aircraft.txt file. And is for the most part the exact title you get when downloading a new paint.

Imagine og UT would use this file a little more.
(Don't know how this will be in UTL yet). In ut2 pp the aircraft file is used first time only to have us select the IATA godes for the aircraft. Again this is all 97 aircraft for the Norwegian pack. What if UT used the paints from the aircraft.txt directly? And you then could change what you would need or want?

What I do today is delete most of the aircraft so that I only have one aircraft per type and operator. So not 97 738's but 4. And then I need to assign the 97 paints based on operator and type, after the extensive editing of cfg.

As I've said. Yes I get by and know how to do it. I'm just looking at ways to make things easier for the end-user.
I know that many of those in my circle who don't use UT2 is because of the way you add paints. They feel it's easier just to use AIFP.

Date Posted: May-05-2017 at 6:15am
Originally posted by bsmavollan bsmavollan wrote:

Of course it matters. Because each painters is required to make unique titles. Ergo I can download, install and the assign each paint directly.

My experience is, this don´t work.

Now we download and install the paints. Then we have to use an amount of time to go through the cfg to make sure each ui is unique before we can click and add the 100 paints.

And i would say, this is well used time.

What i learned over the time is, each painter has his own attitude regarding the fltsim.x entrys.
Even when you download them from the same source, e.g. Juegenbaumbusch.de you have to take a look in each file.

As an example, some name the ui_manufacturer "Airbus", some FAIB - Airbus, other FAIB.
Same with FSpainter, you find FSP, FSPXAI, FSPainter, FSpainter... countless.

When you really want to sort out which repaint is for TFS, which for AIG, AIA, FSP or FAIB ect. you need more than the "Title" entry.

I know, for some Simmers it´s not bad to struggle in a mess, finally they can ask in a Forum why their sim don´t work, but for my own i decided to use a strict order to sort the Traffic and this means, i need to edit each and every fltsim entry anyway.
This also means to check every repaint with the AI-Aircraft-Editor as well as with the included Model Viewer.

My experience is, about 1-5% of the repaints won´t work out of the box because the painter assigned the wrong model by copy and paste the fltsim.x frame from another paint. Or have a typo either in the texture.xxx or in the fltsim.x entry.

Overall, you cannot avoid it to look and edit the downloads or you run into trouble, even without UTx

-------------
Call me "Tweety"

Posted By: Dkent
Date Posted: May-13-2017 at 12:39pm
Hi

I know i am a bit late to the party but I have just heard about this as a long time user of UT2 I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can answer.

I would like to use this on 2 computers do I need to buy 2 copies and also would I need to uninstall UT2?

Many thanks

Daz

Posted By: Mower
Date Posted: May-26-2017 at 2:17pm
How's this looking for P3Dv4?

Posted By: Eytan_Ofir
Date Posted: May-30-2017 at 6:05pm
Will you guys update to P3D V4?

Posted By: Bicbic
Date Posted: June-04-2017 at 3:28am
Originally posted by Eytan_Ofir Eytan_Ofir wrote:

Will you guys update to P3D V4?
Hello, I want to use it on P3Dv4, if possible. Thank you.Wink

Posted By: Eytan_Ofir
Date Posted: June-04-2017 at 3:51am
https://fselite.net/news/guide-install-ut-live-p3d-v4/" rel="nofollow - https://fselite.net/news/guide-install-ut-live-p3d-v4/

Posted By: ribas123
Date Posted: June-06-2017 at 5:21pm
Did you manage to make it work?
I dont understand the guide on the site.

Date Posted: June-06-2017 at 5:22pm
FsElite says they simplefied the explanation.

---

Simobjects.cfg add this below and change it to your own path, then copy Simobjects.xml to root P3D V4 folder.

[Entry.10]
Title=utLive Aircraft
Path=D:\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic Live\utLive Aircraft [ENSURE THIS IS THE CORRECT PATH ON YOUR MACHINE]
Required=True
Active=True

Open exe.xml, add this below and then make sure you change it to your own path.

<Launch.Addon>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Name>utLive fs client</Name>
<Path>D:\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic Live\utl_client.exe</Path> [ENSURE THIS IS THE CORRECT PATH ON YOUR MACHINE]
<NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
</Launch.Addon>

--

Where is Simobjects.cfg? Where is Simobjects.xml and where is exe.xml ?

Posted By: vodka69
Date Posted: June-07-2017 at 3:29pm
hello,

exe.xml--->C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
Simobjects.cfg--->C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
for the Simobjects.xml, I don't use it!

you can try this:

Step 1)
Open this file with text editor.
C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\exe.xml

Add this
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Path>D:\P3DV4-ADDONS\UT-LIVE\utl_client.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Step 2)
Open this file with text editor.
C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\simobjects.cfg

Add this
[Entry.10]
Title=utLive Aircraft
Path=D:\P3DV4-ADDONS\UT-LIVE\utLive Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True

Step 3)
Open this file with text editor
D:\P3Dv4-Addons\UT-Live\ui_settings.xml

Look for the text below and change the path to your P3Dv4 path.  You don't need to change the cfgPath or objPath, and even if you do, it will change those back.

<p3d3_info>
    <desc>Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D v3</desc>
    <fsType>prepar3d3</fsType>
    <path>D:\P3Dv4\</path>
    <cfgPath>C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\prepar3d.cfg</cfgPath>
    <objPath>C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\simobjects.cfg</objPath>
    <numAircraft>2784</numAircraft>
  </p3d3_info>

Look for text below and change path, cfgPath, and objPath to match P3dV4.

<fsInfo>
    <desc>Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D v3</desc>
    <fsType>prepar3d3</fsType>
    <path>D:\P3Dv4\</path>
    <cfgPath>C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\prepar3d.cfg</cfgPath>
    <objPath>C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\simobjects.cfg</objPath>
    <numAircraft>2784</numAircraft>
  </fsInfo>

Posted By: Tarek649
Date Posted: June-07-2017 at 6:10pm
Can you make video for UTL instation step by step for p3D v4 that help all of us thanks

Date Posted: June-08-2017 at 5:11pm
Thank you very much!!  I found everything but unfortunately it doesnt work

Posted By: vodka69
Date Posted: June-09-2017 at 3:34pm
hello ribas123,

can you show me your exe.xml , simobjects.cfg and the ui_settings.xml?

thx.

Posted By: maxxx
Date Posted: June-11-2017 at 7:02pm
has there been any program updates since soft release?

Date Posted: June-12-2017 at 4:07am
Originally posted by Jeff Smith Jeff Smith wrote:

Hello,

After talking directly with dev yesterday, here are a couple of notes while we continue with development of Ultimate Traffic Live.

1)  Ultimate Traffic Live will officially support v4 when we reach the point of a final release. 

2) Prepared V4 - Prepar3d V4 is currently not supported.   I see several of you using file hacks and workarounds to get it in working in V4.  While we appreciate the enthusiasm on getting this product working in V4, we strongly recommend that you keep and use the product in v3 for the time being. We will not offer support or solve crash issues related to V4 installs at this time.  

3) Support Responses - Dev has been working with a few people to fix common crash issues via other comms to get these issues resolved and add them to the next build.  If you are currently having crashes and you have not been contacted by me yet, please be patient.  I will be culling through the forums once again to see if any of those have outstanding issues over the next day or two.  Also keep in mind that we did stress this was a 'soft' release and it is not fully functional yet.  Be patient as there is much going on behind the scenes with development as we work on getting to a new version build for you to use and provide feedback on.

4) Finally, Thanks!  We appreciate your enthusiasm for the product and we will continue to move forward on development based on your feedback and suggestions.  Keep them coming and thanks for your continues support and patience.

-------------
Kenneth Brattey

Posted By: liketofly
Date Posted: June-16-2017 at 3:51pm
Hi,

pretty impressed with what I see from this new Traffic Live, and really looking foreward that you will be supporting P3Dv4.

I have only one Question. Since this version of UT will follow SID's and STAR's, will there be a possibility to keep the Nav Database updated like with Aerosoft NavDataPro or Navigraph files?

kind regards
liketofly

-------------
regards
Liketofly

Posted By: Piotr007
Date Posted: June-17-2017 at 7:37am
I have no traffic at sea or oceans. Can the developers change this? I loved WOAI with AI traffic everywhere, even at seas and oceans flying with me. UT Live seems to offer no more than UT2 offered. In this case no traffic at SEA or OCEANS whatsoever!!

Please, look into this.

Date Posted: June-17-2017 at 7:46am
For sure :-)

This EXE.XML

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="exe">
    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
    <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
</SimBase.Document>

<Launch.Addon>
    <Path>H:\UltimateTrafficLive\utl_client.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Date Posted: June-17-2017 at 7:48am
and this is SIMOBJECTS.CFG

[Entry.0]
Title=Default Airplanes
Path=SimObjects\Airplanes
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.1]
Title=Default Avatars
Path=SimObjects\Avatars
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.2]
Title=Default Rotorcraft
Path=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.3]
Title=Default Ground Vehicles
Path=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.4]
Title=Default Boats
Path=SimObjects\Boats
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.5]
Title=Default Animals
Path=SimObjects\Animals
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.6]
Title=Default Misc
Path=SimObjects\Misc
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.7]
Title=Default Submersible
Path=SimObjects\Submersible
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.8]
Title=Default Weapons
Path=SimObjects\Weapons
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.9]
Title=Default Countermeasures
Path=SimObjects\Countermeasures
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.10]
Title=utLive Aircraft
Path=H:\UltimateTrafficLive
Required=True
Active=True

I see ultimate traffic starting. But it doesnt do anything.

Date Posted: June-17-2017 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Piotr007 Piotr007 wrote:

I have no traffic at sea or oceans. Can the developers change this? I loved WOAI with AI traffic everywhere, even at seas and oceans flying with me. UT Live seems to offer no more than UT2 offered. In this case no traffic at SEA or OCEANS whatsoever!!

Please, look into this.

I think this is the second time you have posted this question. I would suspect something wrong with your setup or install as aircraft are flying over seas, oceans and large, inhospitable landscapes.

AI traffic does not fill the skies with aircraft, it is very much dependent on the time of day, season and area in which you are flying.

-------------
Kenneth Brattey

Date Posted: June-17-2017 at 10:25am

Originally posted by Piotr007 Piotr007 wrote:

Please, look into this.

I think this is the second time you have posted this question. I would suspect something wrong with your setup or install as aircraft are flying over seas, oceans and large, inhospitable landscapes.

AI traffic does not fill the skies with aircraft, it is very much dependent on the time of day, season and area in which you are flying.

Okay, but I just noticed there are far less of them flying over oceans. Whereas there are as you look flightradar24 live traffic (numerous) flying over seabodies (seas and oceans). 

That said, there is always some sort of a queue when you see traffic crossing the pond for example. Someone should fly near me to Europe a few dozen miles away for example. I do not see this.

Posted By: pgde
Date Posted: June-17-2017 at 11:29am
There is no relationship between what you see on the live air traffic tracker and what is in UTL. UTL uses pre-programmed schedules not live air traffic. The name "Ultimate Traffic Live" does not mean it is using live data. This has been explained elsewhere on this forum. Just do a search. And, keep in mind, this is a pre-release version.

Date Posted: June-17-2017 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by pgde pgde wrote:

There is no relationship between what you see on the live air traffic tracker and what is in UTL. UTL uses pre-programmed schedules not live air traffic. The name "Ultimate Traffic Live" does not mean it is using live data. This has been explained elsewhere on this forum. Just do a search. And, keep in mind, this is a pre-release version.

Yeah okay so Live is made up. Should be Ultimate Traffic Not Live, how come I almost crossed the pond with having only passed 1 AI aircraft near Boston and then for 2000NM none?

I guess there is only 1 answer. No traffic above oceans. I will do a test and fly together with an AI aircraft to its destination.

If it vanishes next to over water. I know what to report here!

P.S.

Why is my flight map not working? Would be helpful to track other aircraft. The thing is greyed out.

Posted By: pgde
Date Posted: June-17-2017 at 12:52pm
You are most welcome for the help. Do you know what pre-release means?

-------------
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK,Black Edition Motherboard; Intel I7-4790K CPU; 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win 7 Pro; Samsung 1Tb SSD; Samsung 240 Gb SSD;, Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Sapphire Radeon R9 270x 2GB

Date Posted: June-17-2017 at 12:55pm
If you look back through the post in the UT2 forum you would most likely see my posts which covered this topic. Having been an early beta tester, the first thing I did was look for traffic overwater and was pleasantly surprised to see that, for me any, the issue appeared to have been corrected.

There are hundreds of aircraft criss crossing the North Atlantic each day but, in real life they are using the North Atlantic Organised Track system, which are a series of airways which change on a daily basis dependent on weather.
These tracks are approximataley 60 miles laterally from each other and, aircraft within these tracks are separated by at least 1000 feet and/or 10 mins flying time, with 10 mins flying time equating to approximately 80 miles. The visible distance for AI aircraft is limited to 10 miles by the sim and, for population within the sim, 50 miles. So, trying to see aircraft in this area would be difficult at best of times, unless you happen to be following an aircraft on exactly the same flight plan. I have crossed the North Atlantic in real life more times than I care to remember and I can count on one hand the number of times I have been able to see another aircraft.

-------------
Kenneth Brattey

Date Posted: June-17-2017 at 12:57pm

If you look back through the post in the UT2 forum you would most likely see my posts which covered this topic. Having been an early beta tester, the first thing I did was look for traffic overwater and was pleasantly surprised to see that, for me any, the issue appeared to have been corrected.

There are hundreds of aircraft criss crossing the North Atlantic each day but, in real life they are using the North Atlantic Organised Track system, which are a series of airways which change on a daily basis dependent on weather.
These tracks are approximataley 60 miles laterally from each other and, aircraft within these tracks are separated by at least 1000 feet and/or 10 mins flying time, with 10 mins flying time equating to approximately 80 miles. The visible distance for AI aircraft is limited to 10 miles by the sim and, for population within the sim, 50 miles. So, trying to see aircraft in this area would be difficult at best of times, unless you happen to be following an aircraft on exactly the same flight plan. I have crossed the North Atlantic in real life more times than I care to remember and I can count on one hand the number of times I have been able to see another aircraft.

I will look into even further. I will fly an F-22 next to a 777 AA boeing. Let's see what it gets on that route.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net