Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > Official Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Status of Ultimate Traffic Live

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Status of Ultimate Traffic Live
    Posted: August-05-2021 at 11:11am
After multiple contacts with the developer of Ultimate Traffic Live over a number of months, he has informed us that due to real-life circumstances he is not able to continue development or support of Ultimate Traffic Live at this time.

Because of this, Flight One Software has no choice but to inform you there can only be limited support on the Ultimate Traffic Live series. You are still free to post your questions and other users may be able to help, or you may get an answer from a Flight1 staff member if they know the answer.

The Version 1 and Version 2 products are still being sold as they offer excellent traffic enhancements to your simulator. We do want you to be aware that no new features or updates are currently in the works.

Flight1 will be considering if any other options are available on the Ultimate Traffic series.
Steve Halpern

Flight One Software
ScottecLEMD View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2021 at 3:34am
I assume you are referring to the sales of UTL1 and UTL2?  That being the case, both products were never completed. UTL1 Powerpack never materialised and UTL2 is still in beta. 

This really comes as no surprise, with the drip feed of information over the latest development of UTL2, and the false promises in the various emails I have direct from the developer. I wonder if ATCpro will suffer the same demise???

Furthermore, it calls into question the ethics of F1 who continue as the reseller and promoter of a product which will never see completion or updates.

I've been giving my personal time to provide user support for the last 10 years on UT2, UTL1 and assisted in beta testing for UTL1 and 2, as have several other well know users. 

My suggestion now would be to buy the software rights and find someone who has the passion, drive and commitment to fully develop a product that can be sold with confidence and continued updates to meet the demands of the newer breed of flight sims. 

Ken Brattey
JoseAlberto View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoseAlberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2021 at 4:50am
It's a shame that such a good and interesting (and unique!) product has had this sad story....
balus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote balus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2021 at 5:07am
How about a Flight1 credit for those of us who have persisted with this product. Flight1 has continued to sell and promote this product despite our often voiced concerns about the lack of development and support from the developer.
USN O6 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2021 at 1:43pm

As I understand it, this was all beyond Flight One Software’s control.  They essentially had to give away the UT Live v2 beta edition for free (including freshly purchased schedule data and liveries) because of the missing PowerPack for V1, and absorbed the attendant high costs.. They reached out time and time again to the developer for the status of the project before finally coming to the conclusion outlined in the post I linked to above.  As a matter of fact, I encouraged Flight 1 management to get things settled one way or the other.

I do know that Flight1 has contacted the developer in an attempt to secure the source code so options can be explored for the future.

Best,
Jim

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2021 at 2:11pm
Jim,

Given that F1 have reached out time and time again, I won't hold my breath. I guess this is a hard lesson to learn for all involved. This product had so much to offer.  It reminds me of times gone by when you would receive a battery operated toy for Christmas...without the batteries.  
Ken Brattey
USN O6 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2021 at 2:43pm
Couldn't agree more!!  Malaga -- what a great place.Smile
Best,
Jim

JimBeamBlack View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JimBeamBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2021 at 8:07pm
 So disappointing, and it's really not the money, it's the fact that we have a great flight sim with huge possibilities, and no real Traffic app to fill the sky/airports properly.

I have TG as a backup but, man. 

Out of curiosity, is this the same developer that made the great UT2 for FSX and the early P3D's?
Dave_YVRATC View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2021 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by JimBeamBlack JimBeamBlack wrote:

So disappointing, and it's really not the money, it's the fact that we have a great flight sim with huge possibilities, and no real Traffic app to fill the sky/airports properly.

I have TG as a backup but, man. 

AIG has been doing it for a few years now, better than we have ever seen and it's free. TG is no backup, it's not even ready to play 4th string.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2021 at 3:52am
Yep, same developer and also for ATCpro. 
Ken Brattey
JimBeamBlack View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimBeamBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2021 at 11:30am
 I've tried AIG, but embarrassingly, I just don't understand how it works.

I watched a video on how to get started and such, but then it just assumes you know which aircraft/airlines/flight plans (I guess) you want and blah blah, and I don't, I don't even want to know, I just want to fly with some real'ish traffic on the ground and in the air.

I fly mainly in the US, mostly east coast, but I like to go out west every now and then for sight seeing.

Are there any comprehensive (yet step by step) videos on how to get AIG set up that I might be missing?  I don't even really mind paying for some models to make things look a bit better, as I see some are available.

It's not that I mind learning another app, I just have so little time anymore, I need something easy to understand to get me started in the right direction.

Moderator, hope this question is not out of line for this thread. if so you can move it.

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2021 at 2:31pm
It does rely on choosing what you want to install. I started with cargo airlines which are poorly represented in UTL. I then looked to see some of the airlines that frequent my favoured airports, EGPF, LEMD, LEMG, to see if the AIG content was more current than UTL. I don't particularly care to have every single airline bang up to date as chances are I will never see them. 

Even if you look at the dates for AIG, despite claims by people that it is right up to date, you will see plenty that have never been updated because it relies on people manually creating the schedules using freeware tools. UTL was good in that respect because it took a snapshot of commercially available airline schedule data for a specific week of the year and created the AI schedules accordingly. 
Ken Brattey
grayal View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grayal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2021 at 5:23pm
does UTL2 use any sort of actual live data? Will it still be useable in the future just with eventual outdated schedules? Or will it just grind to a halt like its development?
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2021 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by grayal grayal wrote:

does UTL2 use any sort of actual live data? Will it still be useable in the future just with eventual outdated schedules? Or will it just grind to a halt like its development?
 It should just continue to run. It does get it's route info from somewhere, maybe it would be a good idea to backup your AppData\Roaming\Flight One Software\utLive2\Flight Plans\Flight Simulator folder prior to reinstalling just in case. Personally, I'd still prefer to use UTL v1 over v2 as it has less bugs and the ability to add new/updated operators etc.
Snowcat46 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowcat46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2021 at 9:05pm
I certainly agree with you Ken! UTL1 & UTL2 needs to be updated-why sell the product if you're not able to update-I can understand if the product was free-but it isn't. 
L.Ferguson
Ash Mundo View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ash Mundo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2021 at 5:42pm
Having a laugh to sell something that isn't complete. Surely there are designers/coders who can develop this, but doubt that F1 will find someone. From when Thomas Main's email bounced back the other day, I knew that it was game over for this addon.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2021 at 3:44am
And that's assuming they secure the rights to the source code. 
Ken Brattey
Ash Mundo View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Mundo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2021 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by ScottecLEMD ScottecLEMD wrote:

And that's assuming they secure the rights to the source code. 
100%

It's an embarrassment! 
dreamsr View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamsr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2021 at 8:42pm
So just to be clear, I cannot add schedules to UT Live 2 and download anything in the Power Pack section?
X_Man View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2021 at 9:16pm
A power pack was the only thing UTL really needed in my opinion.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2021 at 4:01am
Originally posted by dreamsr dreamsr wrote:

So just to be clear, I cannot add schedules to UT Live 2 and download anything in the Power Pack section?

Correct. 
Ken Brattey
Ash Mundo View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Mundo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2021 at 6:51am
Originally posted by X_Man X_Man wrote:

A power pack was the only thing UTL really needed in my opinion.

Exactly! Would have saved 2 years to just add a powerpack to it instead of this headache we're in now.
mafeist View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mafeist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2021 at 5:15am
Thanks for the update, Steve ... indeed we`re living in tricky times and it`s completely understandable that the real life has absolut priority. Keep us updated if you get news.
I wish the devolper of the great tool all the best.
Martin

P.S.: Do you know about a Post where I can get info`s about my issue of wrong liveries on the LSZH airport (no Swiss Airplane is there Confused) - I have not checked oter airports by now
Northwest102 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Northwest102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2021 at 10:54pm
I used UTL 1 for a long time waiting for Traffic Global to be released. It worked well. I flew a lot out of KMSP and the gates were pretty accurate with Delta, American, and United aircraft. However a few months ago the CRJs stopped showing up at A&B gates and most everywhere.

I then switched to Traffic Global only to find most of the same issue albeit the liveries were more up to date so I stuck with Traffic Global. The last update came out on July 20th of this year. I think I'm going to stick with P3D until a traffic program comes out for FS2020 then finally make the switch.

UTL and Traffic Global were what really kept my interest in P3D.

It's a shame we'll never see an upgrade and up to date traffic from Flight 1 for P3D/FSX. I would have paid another $30-$50 for it because I know it takes time to build and make accurate.

Thank you,

MH
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2021 at 3:32am
TG just was horrible, it still hasn't made it out of an early Alpha after almost 3 years. Did you know that EVERY airline flight regardless of direction of flight in TG flies at FL350? 
 Do yourself a favour and try AIG's FREE AI Manager, you won't regret it.
pgde View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2021 at 10:45am
Any updates as to whether Flight1 has purchased the development rights?
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK,Blk Ed MB;Intel I7-4790K CPU;16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win10 Pro; 2 - Samsung 1Tb SSDs; Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti Extreme 11Gb VRAM.
bloop2384 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloop2384 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2021 at 2:52pm
I have UT Live v1.2.0.0A and have recently gone from P3Dv4 to P3D V5 and find now UT Live will not load into my sim, does it not work in v5 or is there an update. Appreciate the help.
William
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2021 at 4:01pm
 Did you reinstall UTL after installing P3dV5?
 Either that or just copy your C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\utLive2 folder into your C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons folder.
bloop2384 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloop2384 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2021 at 4:25pm
Thanks for your reply but the same thing happens, when I try to choose active simulator at the start in the drop down menu it is blank. I have downloaded the program again and tried a new install but no luck. And as for transferring it from PRDv4 no can do as it was wiped because of formatting due to a virus i had gotten. I have no problems activating it on line it just wont acknowledge P3Dv5
William
Cpt Bambi View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cpt Bambi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2021 at 5:28pm
I want a Refund..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic