Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions (Check Here First)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

steam version

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedbird10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: steam version
    Posted: January-10-2016 at 1:23pm
Hi will there be a steam fsx version for ultimate traffic 2 coming out as i have bought ultimate traffic2 for fsx ,but i cant get  it to work in fsx steam.
regards Steve 
steve
ZKDWF View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZKDWF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2016 at 3:49am
I have it running fine in FSX-SE. I had to use TweakFS to change the location of FSX.exe, to get it to be installed in the right location.

In C:\Users\local user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE\exe.xml, I had to add...

<Launch.Addon>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>UT2</Name>
    <Path>C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
    <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
  </Launch.Addon>

Occasionally, FSX-SE will on startup come up with a confrimation message asking, if UT is to be trusted. I just click OK.

Most of this I gleaned off other websites.

Hope this helps.
speedbird10 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedbird10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2016 at 1:14pm
Thanks for your reply
 I have tried tweaks FSX Registry utility  to aim it at F:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX  it seems to go in but does not show, i am not that well up into going into files so i dont think i can go any further i think i will have to wait untill steam brings this program out ,but thanks all the same
regards Steve
steve
ZKDWF View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZKDWF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2016 at 3:23am
That's a pity.

One other piece of advice I found, was not to install Steam files into the Program Files folder. If you do, then Windows security may muck around with permissions.

I did that originally, but there is a great document on Steam on easily moving the Steam Folder to another folder outside of Program Files, without do a full reinstall.

Here's the link ...

I did that, and it was pretty painless. On initial run up, the Steam Folder reconstituted itself.

You'll see on my previous post above that the folder is now elsewhere on the C: drive.

I have not found any issues with running FSX-SE with my add-ons - UT, REX, EZK-DOC, ORBX, etc.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedbird10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2016 at 1:32pm
Thanks for the advice i will try and let you know the outcome thanks once again 
Regards Steve
steve
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedbird10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2016 at 11:57am
Thanks i started to try what you said in your email but chickened out as i don't understand computers, and as i have got fsx on the other drive i was worried that it would affect that one which has got a lot off add ons on it ,the only problem there is frame rates are a bit low.
thanks once again regards Steve 
steve
Jammerjonn View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jammerjonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2017 at 2:54pm
FSX  and FSX Steam version should be install on the C drive NOT in program files. so C:\FSX or C:\steam\steam\steamapps\common\fsx  that will help to keep problems to a minimum. Windows manages the program files folder and screws things up.
Thanks for the help,
Jammerjonn
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit,#20H2 32GB RAM, Amd Radeon RX-580 8GB,
UTLive Beta 2, Rex SkyForce 3D, FSX Steam Edition, Worldwide Airports, GSX, Edit Voice Pak.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic