Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic Live > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I want traffic from different eras

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAQQARA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I want traffic from different eras
    Posted: March-03-2019 at 7:12am
It would be great if UT-Live had a functionality that substituted current aircraft and liveries with those from different eras.  So, if I'm flying a 737-100 in a 1970s livery, the other aircraft at the airport are of similar vintage and with appropriate liveries.  That would be amazing.

Trying to do this with old schedules would be a nightmare but a good compromise would be to create a formula that substitutes current aircraft with equivalent old ones (eg 777 becomes an L1011) and current airlines with old ones (eg Easyjet becomes BEA).  

Without getting too serious about it, I think many people would enjoy this functionality.

What do people think?

Don
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2019 at 10:07pm
Hello Don,

You can do this on your own by downloading older aircraft and assign them to the current schedules.
Keep the Blue Side UP!

Jeff Smith --x-O-x--
Flight One Software
Sales Support
SAQQARA View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAQQARA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2019 at 3:57pm
Thanks - can this be done like different profiles ie so I can have all current or all 70s, 80s etc with one selection?

Don
Dave_YVRATC View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2019 at 5:24pm
Sure, you could save your "current era" repaints.xml by saving it as repaints_current.xml or something that suits your fancy and then run UTL, and assign away with whatever retro era repaints that you have. Once completed, you could activate either one just by renaming the active repaints.xml file.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic