Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic Live > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FLAi Cargo - 747 400

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pchitkara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FLAi Cargo - 747 400
    Posted: June-04-2020 at 5:23am
Hi - I added FLAi to UTLive and have been pretty pleased with results. One challenge that I ran into is with 747 Cargo which kept parking at gates. This was due to atc_parking_type being GATE, so no surprises here. When I changed this to CARGO in aircraft.cfg, UTL stopped loading all the 747-400 altogether.

Changing it back to GATE made them appear again. Any ideas to fix these will be super helpful.

Thanks!
ScottecLEMD View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2020 at 11:45am
Do you have the correct parking code for you airport? The parking type is listed in the aircraft.cfg file and also in the ADE file for each airport. So you will need to ensure that there is a CARGO entry for your airport and of the correct spot size to accept the aircraft.
Ken Brattey
pchitkara View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pchitkara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2020 at 1:08am
I will check the airport and am pretty sure it had the codes. 747-400 actually stops appearing in UTL airline config menu altogether. 747-400 are FAIB ones and appear in menu when FAIB is selected. So, summarizing
  1. Without the CARGO updates to atc_parking_type 747-400 appears as an aircraft type on selecting FAIB in UTLive configurator drop down menu
  2. After aircraft.cfg is updated with atc_parking_type set to CARGO instead of GATE, 747-400 no longer appears on the drop down menu in the first place; this is without the FSX running
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2020 at 5:53am
PM me both copies of the aircraft.cfg file and I will take a look.
Ken Brattey
pchitkara View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pchitkara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2020 at 3:08am
Guess what, it turns out this is a file encoding issue. On Windows 10, when saved via the notepad, encoding changed to UTF-8 BOM from UTF-8. As soon as I used a more advanced editor and changed the encoding back to UTF-8, 747-400 started appearing in the FAIB list within the UTL configurator. I will test it out later today and should hopefully work with FSX and UTL running.

For some reason though, it is only the 747-400 aircraft.cfg encoding that changes to BOM and aircraft.cfg for other FLAI a/c like the 777 don't seem to be affected.

Many thanks Scott!
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2020 at 4:11am
It has happened to me before 😉 Sometimes the simplest problems are the most annoying to track down 😀
Ken Brattey
pchitkara View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pchitkara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2020 at 1:20am
And it worked Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic