Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic Live Version 1 > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FLAi has closed their website

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTN1794 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FLAi has closed their website
    Posted: January-11-2021 at 6:37pm
FLAi has announced they have close up shop.  I used that source to add new liveries to UTL.  You can read their entire explanation, but in part their closing remarks include:

"We’re sad to share with the community that Fly AI (FLAi) has been decommissioned. Website users will no longer be able to access FLAi files.

For many years, FLAi had allowed VATSIM pilots connecting with FSX and P3D to see other aircraft depicted with the correct livery and type. We’ve been proud to work with VATSIM Virtual Airlines, Worldflight teams, and others to make sure that custom liveries were available. However, we’ve been even happier to work with the freeware developers who created almost all of the models and repaints that were available in FLAi." 
MTN1794
Dave_YVRATC View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2021 at 6:49pm
FLAi was after all just a collection of freeware models and liveries already all available from AIG's OCI but not as up to date model wise or with anywhere near the variety of liveries. They bit the hand that fed them trying to port that work over to MSFS without getting permission.
ScottecLEMD View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2021 at 2:57am
AIG is the best source for liveries as it saves trawling the net manually 😉
Ken Brattey
MTN1794 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTN1794 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2021 at 12:03pm
Thank you for the explanation.
MTN1794
MTN1794 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTN1794 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2021 at 12:03pm
So, I can use the AIG OCI models for liveries?
MTN1794
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2021 at 12:13pm
You sure can, plus you will have slightly more current models and way way more repaints.
MTN1794 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTN1794 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2021 at 11:32am
I'll look around the forum, but UT Live 2 doesn't recognize AIG OCI the way it did FLAi.  I added the location to the simobjects.cfg file just as I'd done with FLAi.  Now I've read it's now showing up because 3 entries are missing in the AIG OCI aircraft.cfg files.  So, I added the missing ones for one aircraft and it still didn't show up in the repaints list.  Any hints are appreciated and if the solution I'm looking for is in the forum already, I'll find it.  I'll make another reply if I find it.
MTN1794
MTN1794 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTN1794 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2021 at 11:49am
I got AIG OCI to work but I had to add a line to the aircraft.cfg first.  The missing line: ui_manufacturer=FAIB
MTN1794
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2021 at 11:58am
You have to actually add  and populate 3 entries to the aircraft.cfg for it to work properly.
ui_manufacturer=
ui_type=
ui_variation=
 With the variation being one of the most important as it is what differentiates between multiple liveries of the same carrier, ie the couple hundred variants of Frontier or Southwest, Ryanair.

MTN1794 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTN1794 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2021 at 1:21pm
ui_type= is already in the aircraft.cfg files.  The other two are not.  Just adding the ui_manufacturer makes it show up in UTL2 so if I haven't added the ui_variation= it won't work properly in replacing the Daedalus liveries?  Just checking.

MTN1794
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_YVRATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2021 at 2:28pm
The Variation entry is what UTL reads so that they different liveries show up in the aircraft assignment options. Every aircraft needs to have its own Variation.

Notice the United airlines for instance. If I didn't have any variation entry, they wouldn't show up at all. On a similar note, if they all have United Airlines as the Variation, then only one will show up in UTL.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic