Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > Ultimate Traffic in FSX - Classic Version
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat we want in UT FSX.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2007 at 6:42pm

John,

I can't add anything to your list. They are all good items to add. I can emphasize what's been said already about editing the AI schedule. If a GUI interface could be added to make editing/adding/deleting easier for us know-nothings, that would be a huge help.

John

John
KaelO View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2007 at 1:02am

More than anything else, I'd just love to SEE an FSX verrsion. I don't care if its identical to that for FS9. If it adds updated timetable and an interface that works with FSX then I'm happy.

Any news on this front?

Kael

pailakamoeuhane View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 2:10pm

Ability to let AI aircraft disappear from gate at least 30 minute after arrival and reappear to gate at least 30 minute before departure.  There is not enough parking space for number of aircraft.  For example at DFW - before I added more parking space there is about 100 gates and it's full.  So I added about 100 more elsewhere around the airport and there about few left to fill full.  Reduce number of AI aircrafts that doesn't really need service flight at specific day and time like two aircraft that fly only Monday to Friday and let it's disappear over the weekend.  This will look better for airport and AFCAD.

dennya View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2007 at 7:28pm
My number one priority would be to just get feature parity with the FS9 version... So nice to have good AFCADs and realistic traffic.

For additions/improvements, I'd like to see:
1) Military AI
2) Ability to just accept the "latest and greatest" new AFCADS/Planes/etc. when updating. The current update system is a royal pain if you accept conflicting files.
3) AFCAD conflict finder. If you have an existing AFCAD, have a way to find the duplicate and pick which one you want to disable.
familton View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2007 at 1:52am
I'll second that. Never used Palmspotter. Spend the development time on some better UT plans/aircraft. Regards, Bob.
hastings View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2007 at 1:47pm
Hi John,

When the time comes for the FSX version, I'd like to see an option for the UT aircraft to be installed in a seperate folder called 'AI aircraft.'  I intend doing this with all my AI aircraft (purchased and downloaded), as it will make going through the regular 'Aircraft' folder much easier when I need to edit my flyable aircraft.

Cheers,
Mike T.
John Goodwin View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2007 at 6:16am

Right I have decided to LOCK this thread now but here are all the suggestion you have made, the suggestions with RED text behind then will not be implemented for the reasons given:-

1. The ability to remove and airline schedule from the UT database and import a new schedule in it's place.
  2. New models, using the new FSX effects
  3. The ability to import new aircraft models and textures using a utility along the lines of PAI Texture manager.
  4. Military aircraft codes to be included.
  5. The ability to correct airport data.
  6. Bulk imports of .apf files.
  7. Improved airport data list, ICAO to IATA code matching
  8. A built in GUI AFCAD editor
  9. A built in aircraft.cfg editor/checker.
  10. Create/add in the new AI sounds with a GUI. 
  11. A way to edit the older aircraft model settings for the new jet bridges feature in FSX 
  12. An easier way to add airports to UTís database without having to import an airline. 
  13. A method to search where a particular aircraft type is assigned, viewable from the GUI 
  14. Charter operations included, e.g. Britannia, First Choice, Monarch etc Charter operations are very difficult to include as charter flights are not issued by the airlines as a timetable, I realize that Thomson and others do operate schedule flights and where possible these would be included, but I am afraid charter flights would not.  
  15. I dream of seeing a server where I can download daily NATs for my AI :-) The beauty is, it wouldn't need a recompile every day either. I do not think this will happen, purely on the cost side of it. 
  16. New European ATC voices included.
  17. Open up the U.T. interface to full screen and make those tiny little windows much larger if not also full screen. 
  18. Demystify the procedure of identifying the dreaded "none" textures so we can tell quickly what we need to go hunting for, then quickly install and compile. 
  19. A small generator to help create custom flight plans. 
  20. Kill PalmSpotter!!
  21.  The ability to selectively install the gauges (TCAS and PALMSPOTTER) to different aircraft.
  22.   More correct schedule data to reduce the number of missing flights, whether it's up to the supplier or Flight1.
  23. Gliders with their Tow Aircraft Ultimate traffic is meant to be a COMMERCIAL AIRLINE PACKAGE, I am afraid that Gliders do not come under that heading.
  24.  Hang gliders along beaches and other well known sites Ultimate traffic is meant to be a COMMERCIAL AIRLINE PACKAGE, I am afraid that Gliders do not come under that heading.
  25.  Skydivers Ultimate traffic is meant to be a COMMERCIAL AIRLINE PACKAGE, I am afraid that Skydivers do not come under that heading.
  26. 26.  One of my pet peeves has always been the inability to include a hyphen in aircraft registrations.  I'd like to see non-US registrations in their proper format
  27. 27.  I'd like to see the assigned aircraft model and texture included in Repaint.txt instead of just 'Y' and 'N'.
  28. I would like to see assigned aircraft flight plan while parked at gate before departing.  Such as if I'm searching to find the parked aircraft that going to London from DFW or just arrived flight from London. This is a limitation of FS itself, when the aircraft is in sleep mode the screen display will not show the next flight until the aircraft is close to departure. You can use an add-on from MICROSOFT called TrafficToolbox to view what all aircraft are doing at any time already.
  29.   Ability to choose or not to install AFCADS or Aircraft upon installation.
  30. Subscription service for schedules (i.e. bulk buying of schedules for lower cost and automatic implementation into UT).
  31. Usage of ICAO airline codes instead of IATA airline codes
  32. Provisions to include unique tail-registration on AI aircraft using fonts instead of registration on textures. This would be very difficult, if not impossible to implement, the hit on frame rates would be excessive and the actual positioning on aircraft would be difficult to achieve due to the number of different models people use.
  33.  Military AI Ultimate traffic is meant to be a COMMERCIAL AIRLINE PACKAGE, I am afraid that Military AI do not come under that heading. The problem with military AI is that there are no timetables issued by the military and writing realistic flight plans is expensive and time consuming. .
  34. Ability to just accept the "latest and greatest" new AFCADS/Planes/etc. when updating. The current update system is a royal pain if you accept conflicting files.
  35. AFCAD conflict finder. If you have an existing AFCAD, have a way to find the duplicate and pick which one you want to disable.
  36.  In FSX, an option for the UT aircraft to be installed in a seperate folder called 'AI aircraft
  37.  Aircraft flying accurate flight plans rather than simple great circle routes! This has been discussed in length in the forums, yes it is possible to have an aircraft fly a designated route, but to write the flight plans for 2500+ aircraft flying close to half a million flights per week is not possible.

I have moved this suggestion out of the list as it is a good example of what we would love to achieve and just can not do it for commercial reasons.

I want to see all aircrafts.  I donít want to see none types aircrafts.

This is a nice idea but to supply paints for 2500+ aircraft would put the cost thru the roof, I am afraid that this just will not happen. This was the answer I gave in the thread

Let me expand this a little, the time taken to paint just one aircraft with a good quality finish, in a simple color scheme can be 2 or even 3 hours, so let us use 2.5 hours to paint one aircraft. To paint 2500 aircraft would take 6250 hrs or one painter working a 40 hour week, 156 weeks!!!

Even if we used a team of 10 painters (which we do not have) it would take 15 weeks of 40 hours a week to finish the job, the cost well I will leave you to work that out your self, but remember any cost we incur has to be passed on to you, the customer so the price of UT would rise to a level that would mean it was not commercial viable because no one would be able to afford to buy it....

The same applies to AFCADís, to airline code every airport is just not viable, to research every airport to find out where a particular airline parks is nigh on impossible, and the time it would take is prohibitive.

I have passed all this on to Steve Halpern and Tom Main and we will see what can be improved in Ultimate Traffic.

So please no more suggestions, the list is now closed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic