Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > Ultimate Traffic in FSX - Classic Version
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat we want in UT FSX.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: What we want in UT FSX.
    Posted: December-04-2006 at 3:00pm

Right I have decided to LOCK this thread now but here are all the suggestion you have made, the suggestions with RED text behind then will not or can not be implemented for the reasons given:-

1. The ability to remove and airline schedule from the UT database and import a new schedule in it's place.
  2. New models, using the new FSX effects
  3. The ability to import new aircraft models and textures using a utility along the lines of PAI Texture manager.
  4. Military aircraft codes to be included.
  5. The ability to correct airport data.
  6. Bulk imports of .apf files.
  7. Improved airport data list, ICAO to IATA code matching
  8. A built in GUI AFCAD editor
  9. A built in aircraft.cfg editor/checker.
  10. Create/add in the new AI sounds with a GUI. 
  11. A way to edit the older aircraft model settings for the new jet bridges feature in FSX 
  12. An easier way to add airports to UTís database without having to import an airline. 
  13. A method to search where a particular aircraft type is assigned, viewable from the GUI 
  14. Charter operations included, e.g. Britannia, First Choice, Monarch etc Charter operations are very difficult to include as charter flights are not issued by the airlines as a timetable, I realize that Thomson and others do operate schedule flights and where possible these would be included, but I am afraid charter flights would not.  
  15. I dream of seeing a server where I can download daily NATs for my AI :-) The beauty is, it wouldn't need a recompile every day either. I do not think this will happen, purely on the cost side of it. 
  16. New European ATC voices included.
  17. Open up the U.T. interface to full screen and make those tiny little windows much larger if not also full screen. 
  18. Demystify the procedure of identifying the dreaded "none" textures so we can tell quickly what we need to go hunting for, then quickly install and compile. 
  19. A small generator to help create custom flight plans. 
  20. Kill PalmSpotter!!
  21.  The ability to selectively install the gauges (TCAS and PALMSPOTTER) to different aircraft.
  22.   More correct schedule data to reduce the number of missing flights, whether it's up to the supplier or Flight1.
  23. Gliders with their Tow Aircraft Ultimate traffic is meant to be a COMMERCIAL AIRLINE PACKAGE, I am afraid that Gliders do not come under that heading.
  24.  Hang gliders along beaches and other well known sites Ultimate traffic is meant to be a COMMERCIAL AIRLINE PACKAGE, I am afraid that Gliders do not come under that heading.
  25.  Skydivers Ultimate traffic is meant to be a COMMERCIAL AIRLINE PACKAGE, I am afraid that Skydivers do not come under that heading.
  26. 26.  One of my pet peeves has always been the inability to include a hyphen in aircraft registrations.  I'd like to see non-US registrations in their proper format
  27. 27.  I'd like to see the assigned aircraft model and texture included in Repaint.txt instead of just 'Y' and 'N'.
  28. I would like to see assigned aircraft flight plan while parked at gate before departing.  Such as if I'm searching to find the parked aircraft that going to London from DFW or just arrived flight from London. This is a limitation of FS itself, when the aircraft is in sleep mode the screen display will not show the next flight until the aircraft is close to departure. You can use an add-on from MICROSOFT called TrafficToolbox to view what all aircraft are doing at any time already.
  29.   Ability to choose or not to install AFCADS or Aircraft upon installation.
  30. Subscription service for schedules (i.e. bulk buying of schedules for lower cost and automatic implementation into UT).
  31. Usage of ICAO airline codes instead of IATA airline codes
  32. Provisions to include unique tail-registration on AI aircraft using fonts instead of registration on textures. This would be very difficult, if not impossible to implement, the hit on frame rates would be excessive and the actual positioning on aircraft would be difficult to achieve due to the number of different models people use.
  33.  Military AI Ultimate traffic is meant to be a COMMERCIAL AIRLINE PACKAGE, I am afraid that Military AI do not come under that heading. The problem with military AI is that there are no timetables issued by the military and writing realistic flight plans is expensive and time consuming. .
  34. Ability to just accept the "latest and greatest" new AFCADS/Planes/etc. when updating. The current update system is a royal pain if you accept conflicting files.
  35. AFCAD conflict finder. If you have an existing AFCAD, have a way to find the duplicate and pick which one you want to disable.
  36.  In FSX, an option for the UT aircraft to be installed in a seperate folder called 'AI aircraft
  37.  Aircraft flying accurate flight plans rather than simple great circle routes! This has been discussed in length in the forums, yes it is possible to have an aircraft fly a designated route, but to write the flight plans for 2500+ aircraft flying close to half a million flights per week is not possible.

I have moved this suggestion out of the list as it is a good example of what we would love to achieve and just can not do it for commercial reasons.

I want to see all aircrafts.  I donít want to see none types aircrafts.

This is a nice idea but to supply paints for 2500+ aircraft would put the cost thru the roof, I am afraid that this just will not happen. This was the answer I gave in the thread

Let me expand this a little, the time taken to paint just one aircraft with a good quality finish, in a simple color scheme can be 2 or even 3 hours, so let us use 2.5 hours to paint one aircraft. To paint 2500 aircraft would take 6250 hrs or one painter working a 40 hour week, 156 weeks!!!

Even if we used a team of 10 painters (which we do not have) it would take 15 weeks of 40 hours a week to finish the job, the cost well I will leave you to work that out your self, but remember any cost we incur has to be passed on to you, the customer so the price of UT would rise to a level that would mean it was not commercial viable because no one would be able to afford to buy it....

The same applies to AFCADís, to airline code every airport is just not viable, to research every airport to find out where a particular airline parks is nigh on impossible, and the time it would take is prohibitive.

I have passed all this on to Steve Halpern and Tom Main and we will see what can be improved in Ultimate Traffic.

So please no more suggestions, the list is now closed

mgbmike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2006 at 3:38pm
Create/add in the new AI sounds with a GUI.
Craig View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2006 at 4:28pm
How about a way to edit the aircraft settings for the new jet bridges feature in FSX?  But then again, that relates to your #2, so my idea is redundent.

A big thing that I would suggest is an option for a manual or customized install, for users that do not want to install the included models and AFCADs. 
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2006 at 5:54pm
I would like an easier way to add airports to UTs database without having to import an airline.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
BASPEEDBIRD View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2006 at 6:55am

I do hope that you are going to re-make UT for FSX?

I would like to see:

(1) Charter operations included, e.g. Britannia, First Choice, Monarch etc

(2) New European ATC voices included, like those in Traffic by Just Flight

Thanks

bryn View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 5:30am

Aircraft flying accurate flightplans rather than simple great circle routes! :-)

As discussed at:

http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=3059

Cheers,

Bryn.

Craig View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 10:05am
Bryn, that would depend on the AI engine and not the flightplans.   The flightplans tell the aircraft to fly from point A to point B and then the AI engine does just that.  If that was possible, I would hate to see how big the traffic file would be if it had every aircraft flying waypoints and airways vs the point A to point B routes. LOL
bnick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 12:07pm
Thanks Mr.Goodwin for everything you are diong. U.T. is a great program, hopefully destined to be even greater.

My suggestions would be:

1. Open up the U.T. interface to full screen and make
   those tiny little windows much larger if not also
   full screen.

2. Simplify the process of entering planes and lots
   of textures into the "reserve hanger" if you
   will(your point 3).

3. Demistify the procedure of identifying the dreaded
   "none" textures so we can tell quickly what we need
   to go hunting for, then quickly install and compile.

Thanks,
Nick
nick
danny737 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 1:12pm

LOLcertainly charter airlines like Monarch, First Choice, Thomsonfly etc....

maybe a small generator to help create custom flight plans? I am hopeless at AI!!

good luck to the guys making the new program =D Clap

danny!Tongue

hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by danny737 danny737 wrote:

LOLcertainly charter airlines like Monarch, First Choice, Thomsonfly etc....

maybe a small generator to help create custom flight plans? I am hopeless at AI!!

good luck to the guys making the new program =D Clap

danny!Tongue

The question of charter airlines has been raised several times before. The trouble is that the current version of UT uses a schedule which has to be bought in and converted for UT use, and has been regularly updated twice a year. Charter airlines are not included in these schedules, so in general UT doesn't have them. If UT is developed for FSX I suppose the same limitations would apply.

There are 'representative' flightplans for many charter airlines available on the web, eg AVSIM, flightsim.com and ProjectAI, which you can import into UT, or even compiled separately with Ttools.

Generating good flightplans is quite a chore, with lots of pitfalls. There are a few programs which make it easier, but you still have to type in the information somehow.

There has been some discussion about the suitabliity of FS9 flightplans for FSX, and I've no idea whether they will work in FSX. If new ones are required, it's a whole new ball game, but nevertheless I suppose it's a suggestion for a future UT.

David Hanstater
Administrator.
bryn View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 10:53pm

Craig,

Take a look at http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=3059 - multi-waypoint flightplans are possible and are not compiled as part of the traffic.bgl. 

It is easy to demonstrate - try playing around with the AI functions in the SDK.

I dream of seeing a server where I can download daily NATs for my AI :-) The beauty is, it wouldn't need a recompile every day either.

Cheers,

Bryn.

ALFS View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2006 at 1:38am
I would add: kill PalmSpotter (never used).

Andrea
jourdair View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2006 at 1:40pm

The ability to selectively install the gauges to different aircraft.

Regards

Russell Jourdain (ANZ007/ZK-RHJ)

ccartmel View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2006 at 5:47am

Hi,

first post so possibly a bit behind in discussions elsewhere. I would like to see the following enhancements for UT in FSX:

• Ability to include 'personal' flights (timetables) in UT so that they can show up on the announcements board.
  • identification of unmarked aircraft against airlines. Going through 'repaints' file a bit tedious - Reinforcement of another contributors input. The updates dialogues could identify if any new liveries to previously defaulted aircraft are available.
  • I think UT is an excellent product, however the user interface could be more flexible and allow insertions, deletions, or additions to the generated flightplans.

regards to all involved

Charlie C

FlyingFinn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2006 at 5:09pm

I really don't want to ask too much, but probably the most annoying thing for me about UT is how incomplete the schedules are. I mean the data. I don't know if it's up to the Schedule data supplier or the way Flight1 writes the schedules, but with EFHK being my home airport I always must to import and replace the default schedules due to missing days. (I know I'm being quite unclear and apologize for that.)

A few examples: Finnair's flights from Helsinki to Frankfurt, UT schedules have AY821 operating on x16. Well, it should be Daily. The UT has AY825 operating on 1,2,3,4 and 7. That should be Daily as well. Then Helsinki-Amsterdam. AY841 is x6, should be Daily. AY845 operates only on Tuesday, but in real life it's Daily too.

This problem exists with other airlines flying to HEL too, so it's not just AY. And based on the timetables that I've looked at it's not only HEL's problem.

So please, more correct schedule data, whether it's up to the supplier or Flight1.

Jesse, EFHK
Thank you for flying Finnair!
Donovan_Carr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2006 at 5:50pm

My suggestions to help in the immersiveness...

*Gliders with their Tow Aircraft
* Hang gliders along beaches and other well known sites
* Skydivers

In regards to the application I'd like to see a much improved and simpler gui.
One where all the airlines are displayed, click on it to turn on/off, open that and see all the aircraft each with an on/off option. And within each aircraft is an image or maybe the model with the texture rotating - also with an option to turn on/off.

I find it so frustrating to see aircraft without textures or a model that I find too simple and can't easily turn it off.

Another feature I would like to see is an overhead view of each airport showing gate positions and what airline is where. Then to be able to 'simply' change them.

I just want things to be simple as I don't have the patience to sit down and learn how to do it all from the configs and/or using special tools.

All up though I'd rather have it than not.

thank you

RyanNB View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2006 at 11:25am
One of my pet peeves has always been the inability to include a hyphen in aircraft registrations.  I'd like to see non-US registrations in their proper format, i.e. C-GAUN.
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2006 at 3:30pm
I'd like to see the assigned aircraft modeland texture included in Repaint.txt instead of just 'Y' and 'N'.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
pailakamoeuhane View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2006 at 2:47am
I would like to see assigned aircraft flight plan while parked at gate before departing.  Such as if I'm searching to find the parked aircraft that going to London from DFW or just arrived flight from London.
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2006 at 5:34am
If you are using FS9 there is a Microsoft addon which can do this now. Get Traffic Toolbox SDK. After installation, copy the TrafficToolbox.dll file to your FS9/Modules directory. Next time you run FS9, there will be a new 'Tools' menu item. Select 'Explorer' and a new window will open listing all AI within about 50 miles with all the information you want. Clicking on any column sorts in into order, so you can list all AI parked at your airport. It shows en route AI as well. Double-clicking on any row takes you to the selected aircraft. Pressing 'S' on your keyboard takes you back to your aircraft. Right-clicking on any row gives you a series of options. I find 'delete' the most useful for removing AI which are in my way. The beauty of it is that nothing is permanent, so you can't do any harm. Magic!
David Hanstater
Administrator.
bigmack View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2006 at 8:58pm

1. Ability to choose or not to install afcads or Aircraft upon installation.

2. Better way to reinstall due to OS or FSX crash.

3. Take advantage of all FSX has to offer.

Bill M

DeAceShooter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2006 at 1:44pm

I am listing merely what features I would like to see in UT for FSX without exploring the realities of it (such as cost and time involved in creating such features).

1. Framerate friendly aircraft taking low polygons yet using new FSX graphics detail.

2. "New Airline" function that does not require external tools, insert routes and aircraft and everything will be done including computation of flight levels and no. of aircraft to use, unlike the current way of importing new airlines.

3. Ability to add new airport without having to add an airline.

4. Subscription service for schedules (i.e. bulk buying of schedules for lower cost and automatic implementation into UT).

5. Usage of ICAO airline codes instead of IATA airline codes.

6. Better tail number system which allows one to assign tail numbers to aircraft type instead of airline (i.e. N12[3-5]UT for 747-400s in Airline X and N12[6-9]UT for other aircraft].

7. Provisions to include unique tail-registration on AI aircraft using fonts instead of registration on textures.

seacat620755 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2007 at 8:07am

Hello John, these are some things I'd like to see in UT FSX (if made!)

1) Ability to add individual flightplans to airlines rather than having to create a new airline or adding it to "extra traffic" folder and they don't appear in the palmspotter or timetables.

2) Automatic schedule updates where you could pre-buy a years worth of updates for a slightly discounted price and they automaticlly update UT when they become available.

3) New AI modles that are more updated.

Just some ideas

Thanks

John Goodwin View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2007 at 4:13am

Seacat

1. You can already add extra flights to an excisting airline, see HERE

dsbean View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2007 at 1:07pm
Well, Here is what I have no interest in having:

Multiple Waypoints.  What is the point? Are we following the AI aircraft around?  As long as they take off from Point A and land at Point B according to schedule that is what is important.  Don't need the extra computer horsepower being eaten up with FSX moving AC from waypoint to waypoint.

Besides, where in the world would you get all of those gigabytes of data from?

Ultimate traffic the way it is right now is good, and adding some new liveries/updating some of the old would be great.

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 11:46am
Originally posted by John Goodwin John Goodwin wrote:

Seacat

1. You can already add extra flights to an excisting airline, see HERE

Sorry John, not exactly what I ment. I mean being able to update schedules incase an airline changes routes or drops a route etc

puerto0711 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 9:15pm
I want to see all aircrafts.  I dont want to see none types aircrafts.
Craig View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 7:41pm
I am not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but a search feature with the aircraft assignments would be nice.  For example, if you have an ABC Airlines A320 assigned to one carrier, but also to another carrier for whatever reason, a search feature would be nice to show you where that texture is assigned.  This would come in very handy if you are updating the ai models from a to b.  Sometimes when I am doing that and I assign a new model and texture, then compile and use a program like ACA2005 and see that the old model and texture is still in use somewhere, it is a very long and painful process to try to locate where else that texture is assigned.
John Goodwin View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 10:51pm

Originally posted by puerto0711 puerto0711 wrote:

This is a nice idea but to supply paints for 2500+ aircraft would put the cost thru the roof, I am afraid that this just will not happen...

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2007 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by John Goodwin John Goodwin wrote:

Originally posted by puerto0711 puerto0711 wrote:

This is a nice idea but to supply paints for 2500+ aircraft would put the cost thru the roof, I am afraid that this just will not happen...

John, I don't understand why adding extra paints would put the cost of the product up?? Are you meaning we'd have to pay for the extra file size or is it more the fact you want us to pay for the amount of work and time that would've had to have gone into the work to supply the paints in the first place?

Thanks

Andrew

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic