Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > Screenshot Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blue Islands D328

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Peschke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blue Islands D328
    Posted: March-14-2009 at 7:45pm

Here's my latest repaint for the PAI D328 at EGJJ (Jersey). Sent to PAI and avsim.com today.

Cheers

Chris

Any landing you walk away from...
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2009 at 8:34pm
Nice one, Chris.

I'm getting frustratedConfused! I've just managed to get my unassigned textures below 1000, and now you come along with a new airline which I've never heard of - and it's relatively close to home as well.

It's a never-ending task, this!

Blue Islands, whose fleet is the Dornier D328, Jetstream JS31 and Britten Norman Trislander, flies between the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, UK and Switzerland. The latest AIG Flightplans and textures for the other aircraft are available on AVSIM.

It used to be known as Rockhopper - and I've never heard of that one either.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Chris Peschke View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Peschke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2009 at 9:11am

I'm digging through my Airliner World magazine collection looking for new/updated/logojet textures to add. Hopefully UT II will include an updated sched for FS9 users. 0 unassigned textures in my FS world. If you're looking for something in particular, drop me a line.

Cheers

Chris

hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2009 at 3:33pm
Thanks for the offer, Chris, I'll bear it in mind.

The truth is that I lack time. Finding, downloading, installing, assigning and compiling can take up lots of time. I can usually find textures on ProjectAI and AVSIM.

I've tended to avoid Russian aircraft, because textures can be difficult to find. I might need some help with AVSIM.RULOL.

I tend to concentrate on airlines which visit UK, but that's complete now, at least as far as UT is concerned. The trouble is that they keep changing, like Blue Island.

I'll probably spread my wings a bit to the bigger airports in Western Europe, such as Paris, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Brussels, Frankfurt, Rome, Madrid etc. That should keep me going for a bit.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Peschke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2009 at 9:19am
Time is not a linear thing, but a nebulous web of existentialism....
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2009 at 9:25am
When you reach my age, time is a precious commodity which, once passed, can never be reclaimed.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Peschke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2009 at 11:46pm

I hear you brother. I'm in my mid-forties with a roaring career, and fly as much as I can on weekends (in real airplanes, I'm doing my multi-engine training). I get up early for work and do my avsim, UT, PAI surfing and airplane painting while eating my brekkie cereal.  Occasionally, when my wife works nights/weekends or has social enagagements, I get to fly in FS.  She quite rightfully demands some of my attention, and since I like her and she's a keeper, she gets it. Time just seems to roar by.  I'll be on hols in the UK next week so I'll have some time to kick back while the outlaws fill me with beer, food and footballSmile

Cheers

Chris

hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2009 at 9:06am
I'm in my mid-seventies, and my flying days are over, not that they really started. I had a few goes in a Piper Warrior III, but it was so s-l-o-w and noisy, and didn't get anywhere, and of course I couldn't increase the sim-speed or slew somewhere else.

Really, private flying in light aircraft is very restricted in UK. It's a small country compared with North America, and all most people can do is take-off, stooge around and land. I couldn't see the fun in that, so I gave up.

I did two years in the Royal Air force, but didn't get fly anything other than a desk.

Enjoy your hols in UK. The Sterling has depreciated significantly against most currencies recently, so you should find prices quite reasonable. Beer is good, there are many excellent restaurants with fine food. Football tickets can be very expensive for the top teams.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Peschke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2009 at 9:34am

I loved my time in the Warrior, which I flew out of Brampton on the outskirts of Toronto. It was like flying a small airliner and with oleos on all 3 wheels, every landing is a good one, short of pulling the power and yoke all the way back at 50ft! C172s with their steel springs aren't as forgiving.

Here on the west coast, private aircraft are like cars.  With all of the mountains, the only way in and out of coastal communities is by sea or air. The mountains are a bit of a barrier in the winter between here and the prairies but in the summer some of the most beautiful flying anywhere. The southwest corner of B.C. where I fly is also a really busy airspace and in Victoria (CYYJ), my home airport, it isn't unusual to have all 3 crossing runways in use at the same time (lots of land and hold-shorts) and I'm very close to Seattle in the USA.  ATC here is very accomodating to private aircraft and there aren't too many places you can't go. In Toronto, they weren't quite as accomodating around the International but then it was fun to be at eye level with the diners in the CN Tower restaurant (beyond the required minimum distance, of course).

Cheers

Chris

hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2009 at 1:04pm
I'm green with envy.

Since this the Screenshot Forum, it would be nice to see some photos taken from the cockpit of a real aircraft some timeCry.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Peschke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2009 at 9:33pm

Here you go!

The beautiful British Columbia inside passage northbound out of Campbell River (CYBL). You'r looking northwest towards Seymour Narrows.  This is where "Ripple Rock" was blown up in the 60s in the world's largest non-nuclear explosion.

That's me in the left seat, my buddy Dave taking the self-portrait!

That's me at work at FL280 a few years and ranks ago. Brave lads letting a sailor take the controls, even if he's dressed for the part!

Some days I just love my job. This was one of them.RRRRUUUUSSHHHH or what eh?

Cheers

Chris

hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2009 at 8:35am
Now that's what I call photos. Fantastic!

Much as I admire your ugly mugOuch, what I would like to see is more of that magnificent scenerySmile

By the way, re your "Any landing you walk away from..." signature...

A hard landing is one you walk away from; a soft landing is one where you can re-use the aircraft...
David Hanstater
Administrator.
ertgh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ertgh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2011 at 2:54am
A hard landing is one you walk away from; a soft landing is one where you can re-use the aircraft...
PlaneMan25 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlaneMan25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 11:40am
Smile
ronald577 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronald577 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2013 at 5:56am
Fantastic Snap. I really enjoyed reading the thread. :) Thumbs Up
My Property Stores, India
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic