Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > Screenshot Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Safi Airways Boeing 737-300

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hernan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Safi Airways Boeing 737-300
    Posted: April-06-2009 at 12:19pm

Two new repaints I completed to complement new AI Flightplans for Safi Airways, available at AVSIM.net. These textures are for the Ai Aardvark Boeing 737-300v2 model and they are now available at AVSIM.net. Wink

Delta is MY airline
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2009 at 3:08pm
Another success for you. Thanks for these unusual textures.

Together with your B767-200ER texture, they make up the fleet for Safi, needed for the AI_flightplan available on AVSIM.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2009 at 4:26pm
I've done some research into Safi Airlines, which has the same IATA code - 4Q - as Anderson Airlink.

I'm not sure whether there is any connection between the two airlines, although both do have some common destinations in the Middle East.

Anderson Airlink is in UT, Safi isn't. In UT, Anderson Airlink is based in USA, Safi is registered in Afghanistan, but based in Dubai.

I think that if you want to import Safi into UT, you might as well leave both active - unless Anderson Airlink has ceased trading. Does anyone know?
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Hernan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hernan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2009 at 5:03pm

Hi David,

Anderson Airlink is not related to Safi Airways. A little bit of history here, a recent article that appeared in the February 2009 issue of Airliner World says that Safi Airways is one of the latest enterprises of the wealthy Safi family in Afghanistan. With the more than 10 million of the 30 million Afghans living abroad, the chance to establish a scheduled service into Kabul was the greatest enterprise snapped by Abdul Rahim Safi. I also became interested in this article as the reporter got the chance to meet the flight crew, multi national, as the captain was from Bolivia, and the first officers were from Canada and the United States. The inflight crew members were also multi national, from India, Philippines and Malaysia. The interesting part of this is that the captain came from Lloyd Aereo Boliviano after its demise a few years ago, now back, but, with a very limited service. Wink

Delta is MY airline
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2009 at 5:21pm
Very interesting, Hernan.

I've searched the Forum, and it seems that, in UT at any rate, Anderson Airlink is a (rather old) Safi. I even have a texture for the Aardvark B767-200 named Anderson-Safi, but I think it's your texture from AVSIM, renamed by me to assign to Anderson.

I think, therefore, that if anyone wants to import Safi into UT, they should deselect Anderson Airlink.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Hernan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hernan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2009 at 7:15pm
That's correct. At the time, UT incorrectly named it as Anderson Airlink. I've deselected Safi from UT, and directly imported the new AI Flightplans available at AVSIM.net, as they are very recent. Wink
Delta is MY airline
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2009 at 4:55am
I think you meant to say that you have deselected Anderson Airlink.

I've done exactly the same as you. When importing Safi, I had to configure two airports, OAHR (IATA - HEA) & OAMS (MZR), which were not in UT's database. OAMS has no AI facilities by default, so I had to create an AFCAD for it. It's very crude, but it does mean that Safi can go there.

I did have a lot of trouble with the Aardvark B767-200, which at first refused to show in FS, although it appeared in AI Traffic Mover and FSRepaint. Eventually I discovered that all the [fltsim.x] in aircraft.cfg had the wrong .air file. It should be aia_767_300_pw.air, NOT aia_767_200_pw.air, although the aircraft model is the 767-200.

They do look very impressive in FS, with their very distinctive livery.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic